Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

According to the poll god, John Curtice, there has been no significant change in EU voting intentions.

As for the negogiations, they are far from over and I still fully expect a deal to be agreed. 

What do you think will be the terms of the deal?

if May climbs down on anything she’s finished and so might be the Tory party in general. It’s becoming crystal clear that this isn’t about the UK as a democratic country, it’s about and always has been about the future of the Tory party as an election winning machine. She’s indisputedly putting party before country. She’s a remainer too. That’s how fuckin deeply the disease of Toryism runs through her and every single one of them who is prepared to run the country off a cliff in the name of principles that only the likes of them can afford. You, my dear son, have been had by them. 

15 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

According to the poll god, John Curtice, there has been no significant change in EU voting intentions.

As for the negogiations, they are far from over and I still fully expect a deal to be agreed. 

One poll, contrary to many others. And still indicated a remain win iirc. But polls are just polls. If youre so confident you'll win, why are you afraid of another vote?

8 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

if May climbs down on anything she’s finished and so might be the Tory party in general. It’s becoming crystal clear that this isn’t about the UK as a democratic country, it’s about and always has been about the future of the Tory party as an election winning machine. She’s indisputedly putting party before country. She’s a remainer too. That’s how fuckin deeply the disease of Toryism runs through her and every single one of them who is prepared to run the country off a cliff in the name of principles that only the likes of them can afford. You, my dear son, have been had by them. 

I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but May's insistence we leave in March 2019 very conveniently gets the UK of applying the new EU tax avoidance laws. 

https://medium.com/the-jist/was-eu-tax-evasion-regulation-the-reason-for-the-brexit-referendum-980ba88a8077

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

European membership is far bigger than any one party and has been a growing thorn in this country for 30 years. We should have done this in 2005 but Blair u turned and opened the doors to cheap foreign labour instead. Only the sense of Brown kept us out of the Euro.

As for the deal, I think we’ll end up back at her Lancaster house speech with a Canada +++ arrangement.

Both sides want a free trade deal and once they agree on the Irish arrangements we can get on with the implementation over the next 2 years.

It seems to me that both sides are now putting more effort into the Irish border and sensibly looking at the greater role technology can play. 

As always, it’s a massive game of chicken but a deal will be agreed.

10 minutes ago, Renton said:

One poll, contrary to many others. And still indicated a remain win iirc. But polls are just polls. If youre so confident you'll win, why are you afraid of another vote?

:lol: I’m not afraid.

Weve already had it man. Remain forecast all sorts of armegeddon scenarios and still lost.

As demonstrated in Scotland and here, they are toxic events and should be avoided. I’m sure you said we should never have one again.

13 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

:lol: I’m not afraid.

Weve already had it man. Remain forecast all sorts of armegeddon scenarios and still lost.

As demonstrated in Scotland and here, they are toxic events and should be avoided. I’m sure you said we should never have one again.

I dont want one. I want the government of the day to fulfill the mandate by delivering the softest of soft Brexits that reflects the country is 50% split. Your plan for a hard brexit and inevitable hard border is an utter betrayal of what most people want. 

I might add CT, that you are still completely ignorant about what the single market is and the huge limitations of CETA. Your plan would kill JIT manufacturing dead. Bye bye Nissan you stupid idiot. All to stop your mythical polish immigrants taking jobs away from british workers in the ship yards. 

11 minutes ago, Renton said:

I dont want one. I want the government of the day to fulfill the mandate by delivering the softest of soft Brexits that reflects the country is 50% split. Your plan for a hard brexit and inevitable hard border is an utter betrayal of what most people want. 

:lol: Show me where I’ve said I want a hard Brexit and a hard border?

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

I might add CT, that you are still completely ignorant about what the single market is and the huge limitations of CETA. Your plan would kill JIT manufacturing dead. Bye bye Nissan you stupid idiot. All to stop your mythical polish immigrants taking jobs away from british workers in the ship yards. 

Your only answer on this whole subject is an armegeddon scenario. Lots of factories use JIT parts from outside the EU and manage. The deal that will be agreed will sort all these problems. 

3 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

:lol: Show me where I’ve said I want a hard Brexit and a hard border?

Canada with how many pluses you want to put on it is a very hard Brexit you tit. After 3 years you are still completely clueless.

You wanted a cracking deal and you were convinced it would happen. Now it hasn’t and never will you want to go ahead anyway but you think it’s everyone else’s responsibility to come up with how that should be implemented because you can’t accept you were wrong and can’t accept responsibility. Pretty much your typical leave voter

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

Your only answer on this whole subject is an armegeddon scenario. Lots of factories use JIT parts from outside the EU and manage. The deal that will be agreed will sort all these problems. 

Ignorance again, you think you know more than the bosses of all these factories.

Youve been proven wrong time and time again. Typical gammon. 

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

First ones already been answered.

It’s no surprise that you don’t believe that anyone should be allowed to change their mind on the basis of new information.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Which factories use JIT systems outside the EU and yet manage to link seamlessly with EU suppliers and customers? Name me one.

7 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Btw, what factory uses jit parts from outside the EU? Do you know what jit is?

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

You wanted a cracking deal and you were convinced it would happen. Now it hasn’t and never will you want to go ahead anyway but you think it’s everyone else’s responsibility to come up with how that should be implemented because you can’t accept you were wrong and can’t accept responsibility. Pretty much your typical leave voter

The changing claims of leavers really is shameful. What began as a dream scenario where we’d save a fuck tonne of money, trade with the EU as we do now and strike cracking trade deals around the world has turned into ‘we’ll still have sandwiches’. And not a single prominent leaver has had the decency to admit that they got it wrong. Cunts to a man.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ewerk said:

The changing claims of leavers really is shameful. What began as a dream scenario where we’d save a fuck tonne of money, trade with the EU as we do now and strike cracking trade deals around the world has turned into ‘we’ll still have sandwiches’. And not a single prominent leaver has had the decency to admit that they got it wrong. Cunts to a man.

Chief cleric of Brexit, JRM,  proclaims it may be 50 years before we see any benefit. Most people on this board will be dead by then. FFS. 

Brexit has shown that the population can be roughly split into 2 camps. Pragmatic realists, who belive in evidence based policy, and gullible idealists for whom facts are to be ignored, an incovenience for their zealous faith. Its a disgrace our country has allowed these two groups to be equal in size. Secondary modern schools must have been truly shit. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, Renton said:

Chief cleric of Brexit, JRM,  proclaims it may be 50 years before we see any benefit. Most people on this board will be dead by then. FFS. 

Brexit has shown that the population can be roughly split into 2 camps. Pragmatic realists, who belive in evidence based policy, and gullible idealists for whom facts are to be ignored, an incovenience for their zealous faith. Its a disgrace our country has allowed these two groups to be equal in size. Secondary modern schools must have been truly shit. 

Thats a really good post. 

I think the relatively uneducated working classes (I include myself in that group) have always been easy to manipulate by the powerful throughout the ages. Brexit is just another symptom of it. Thing is we have access to far more information now than those who were fighting for the Empire etc. We largely don’t want to listen to it though, we want to believe what we want to believe and we certainly can’t judge the character of blatant utter cunts like JRM, Johnson, Farage and Banks because we’re mostly taken in by their fuckin born-to-rule voices. Gullible doesn’t cover it really :glare: 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Renton said:

I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but May's insistence we leave in March 2019 very conveniently gets the UK of applying the new EU tax avoidance laws. 

https://medium.com/the-jist/was-eu-tax-evasion-regulation-the-reason-for-the-brexit-referendum-980ba88a8077

I think that’s definetly at least in the thinking of the likes of Banks & Farage. JRM & his ERM cronies are battling the 50 year Tory war iyam though.