Just my opinion

bobbyshinton

Not flouncing but I do not like the lay out of the board.

I appreciate the reasoning to bundle posts on similar topics but I feel it has been overdone.

Some of the thread titles are ancient but include fresh ones which I feel get missed.

Like I say just my opinion.

DO NOT PUT THIS FUCKER IN ANOTHER THREAD.

Edited by bobbyshinton

I really like having all things topic related in the one thread.

Maybe just make sure the titles get updated more often? Like in the Abeid thread after last night change it to something like Mehdi Abeid shines for St. Johnstone etc.

I really like having all things topic related in the one thread.

Maybe just make sure the titles get updated more often? Like in the Abeid thread after last night change it to something like Mehdi Abeid shines for St. Johnstone etc.

Agreed. Used to be the case when people moaned if you started a thread and there was already one from umpteen years back about the same/similar topic. So this seems like a good idea. :thumbup:

Is this being done on purpose by admin or are people just going back and searching for old threads about a player in adding new bits onto them?

bit of both

odd posts about sunderland tend to get tidied into the mackem messageboard or lets all laugh at sunderland threads for instance since no one really wants to see a SMB-like board full of threads about a different team

bit of both

odd posts about sunderland tend to get tidied into the mackem messageboard or lets all laugh at sunderland threads for instance since no one really wants to see a SMB-like board full of threads about a different team

So CT put the new bit about Abeid in that threat hiimself? I have to admit I think it's unlikely I could be arsed to search for a months (or years) old thread for something like that if I wanted it to post it (not that I often start owt new myself anyway like!)

Oh and I think if the admin want to sort a thread out they may as well lock that lets all laugh at Sunderland one. It's more embarrassing than anything else now.

So CT put the new bit about Abeid in that threat hiimself? I have to admit I think it's unlikely I could be arsed to search for a months (or years) old thread for something like that if I wanted it to post it (not that I often start owt new myself anyway like!)

Oh and I think if the admin want to sort a thread out they may as well lock that lets all laugh at Sunderland one. It's more embarrassing than anything else now.

It takes about 10 seconds to search for a thread with Abeid in the title. (Probably six if Im being honest).

according to himself he did aye. good responsible forum usership from him there :thumbsup:

its not that hard really, most of our players have their own thread so if some news comes to light it takes minutes at most to do.

its just laziness really, I bet you're one of these who just puts something back wherever they are in a supermarket if they decide they don't want it aren't you? :razz:

Aye, if Im about to post a bit of randon news about a player then I always try and find that players thread if possible. (As Ant said).

That's what I do.

Think it would make sense though if topic titles for these things were updated though. Just a suggestion from me. :up:

That's what I do.

Think it would make sense though if topic titles for these things were updated though. Just a suggestion from me. :up:

I do agree with that, something we could try and keep on top of.

The Gazza one is an example of this.

Gazza - what a joke or something along the lines as it was started in 2008.

Perhaps change it to Gazza - recovering in USA for rehab or something similar as it's aligned with the latest news surrounding him. If you get what I mean?

Done both of your suggestions, cant remember how to edit the line that says "what a joker" though

:good:

And aye, it's good practice generally Tooj, will strive to keep an eye open for cases like that.

what's the appeal in having one big long thread on a subject? it's not like newcomers are going to read a 600+ page thread that's been rolling on for two or three years from the start.

also, you tend to lose new threads within an exisiting topic that could go off in a different, and sometimes more interesting, direction.

i'm not that bothered either way but i think more relaxed moderation here, less merging etc, might appeal more to newbies.

Edited by Dr Gloom

you do realise we hardly merge/mod anything on here?

most people use the common threads because it makes sense, as much as your right they won't read 600+ pages, they will just goto the last page and read back as far as they want normally.

Obviously theres cases where it doesn't happen "asprilla shoots machine gun and backflips over bodies" would have it's own thread for instance

Also if people used tags properly it would help... if you tag say two threads with Santon for instance, and hit the santon tag or search for santon using tag it'll bring back all threads related to him

eg

http://www.toontastic.net/board/tags/forums/Gone+Fishing/

Nah, didn't realise people were self moderating and searching for relevant threads before posting. I personally wouldn't object if more threads were created, even if they echoed previous topics. Makes the board seem busier with new discussion (even if its been touched on elsewhere) instead of fewer, but much bigger threads.

Not that arsed like, just saying.

Merging is a canny idea to keep in one place. What if you are not aware that somehing has happened?

For instance if I was not aware that abied had gone on lone from another source that thread would give no indication.

Merging is a canny idea to keep in one place. What if you are not aware that somehing has happened?

For instance if I was not aware that abied had gone on lone from another source that thread would give no indication.

Surely the fact that the thread has been bumped would indicate that there's some news?

:lol: Perhaps we could work on a news pack that gets emailed to you daily so you're aware of all latest developments before logging in?

You have always been my favourite. Actually its not a bad idea a daily "todays news" copied and pasted from sky sports or the like.

It could be called The Blerb