Artificial Grass

Christmas Tree

So this years project is digging up a useless piece of old lawn and replacing with Artificial grass.

The back garden is north facing so lots of shade and runs onto fields, so quite wet.

Over the years I have seeded and turfed but neither last long, particularly with a dog that takes the odd crap or slash out there.

Was all set to get it turfed again but then had it suggested that AG would be a better solution. These days you can get some very real looking AG and it is ideal for the situation I have. Rain and the odd dogs slash will drain straight through and it can easily be washed or even hoovered.

A bit like carpets, the more you pay the better.

Haven't done enough research to pick the AG yet but might as well get started.

Turf off, weed membrane down, crushed rock down, sharpe sand down, AG down.

(Knowing me and DIY it will probably stay like this all summer)

u4e5yqa6.jpg

Yes, I know there's still a dog turd there. I will probably step in it shortly.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well on the YouTube video I watched (yes Gemmil, research), they pegged it in to get an idea of how far down and how level it was.

Given your propensity for laziness I have visions of you just tying the string to the pegs and looking at it, hands on hips..

"looks level!"

On the other hand, given your initial enthusiasm for new projects I can similarly imagine you've been shopping and spent the morning doing this in your back garden......

hm_surveyor_600.jpg

Worth also mentioning that Im now bored. Don't mind the grafty bit but the arty farty detail bit is mind numbing.

:lol:

Didn't last long.

Which part of laying a bit of turf is arty farty , precisely?