Newcastle v Motherwell

JonTheMag

Not quite, but they're improving. I think with the squad Sunderland have now they would do better than we did last year, although on paper I think we still have the superior team.

That said, I do agree with you CT -- the external conditions are a lot better now for our squad to succeed this term than they were last season. On paper we have the potential to do very well, and if our team can remain settled for a run of games things could go very well. Our first team is easily in the top 8 in the League, it's just a question of adding depth and alternate options for when Plan A doesn't work.

I'd love it if we brought in 2-3 players, but if we bring in just Bent I won't be worrying about relegation just yet.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We were higher in the table before we signed all the January players than we were when the season finished

It's a small sample. Our defense was also extremely unsettled for a large run of those games, and it's hard to play when you have the threat of relegation looming over you so heavily.

I'm not saying we're going to be amazing next term. Just that we're not quite as bad as last season made us out to be, nor are we as good as the season before made us out to be. Next season will likely be a regression to the mean, taking us to somewhere around 7th - 12th place. Our squad is good enough for that.

I'm not saying we're going to be amazing next term. Just that we're not quite as bad as last season made us out to be, nor are we as good as the season before made us out to be. Next season will likely be a regression to the mean, taking us to somewhere around 7th - 12th place. Our squad is good enough for that.

Agree but the Cisse situation is a real concern. The club trying to play hardball with him is embarrassing, the bloke knows he's basically our only option up front.