Kitchen Equipment

Christmas Tree

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christmas Tree did you get your girdle then ? errrr griddle.

Nah, given my online research ( here), it appears they don't really make that much of a difference,

Considering a food processor (again) instead. Not that Im sure I would use it for anything.

Also quite fancy a Henry :)

Nah, given my online research ( here), it appears they don't really make that much of a difference,

Considering a food processor (again) instead. Not that Im sure I would use it for anything.

Also quite fancy a Henry :)

I have a Dyson. No food processor though I have a hand blender. I just splashed £5 on new digital kitchen scales. :jonas:

• 3 weeks later...

So,

1. Does it not really taste any better than shop bought.

2. Even with all these new fangled ready mixes of different flavours is it still not worth it.

It generally tastes better than shop-bought where shop-bought = "£1.50 or less".

It generally tastes equal to the "artisanal" :puke: loaves you can pick up for more than that.

It (and the "artisanal" :puke: loaves) generally keep for a fraction of what the shop-bought loaves keep for.

There are good reasons for that, but if you're feeding yourself filth generally, the provenance of your bread is negligible.

It generally ends up costing about the same as a bought "artisanal" :puke: loaf.

If you're using a ready mix, you're not baking.

Clicked on the first review which is brilliant, informative and has been updated twice since she bought it.

Do you use it regularly and what about the point M makes about it going off quick?

It might sound like back-pedalling, but bear in mind I'm talking from the perspective of a household where there's two people, neither of whom eat a huge amount of bread. If you're 4-5 people and there's a buttered slice at the side of every plate at every meal, you won't have quite the same issues. ;)

You'll end up eating a loaf a day to justify your purchase, especially if you don't like waste (which I personally hate). Note my earlier post, that's not moderation.

Edited by Renton

Clicked on the first review which is brilliant, informative and has been updated twice since she bought it.

Do you use it regularly and what about the point M makes about it going off quick?

I haven't read what "M" posted there's never been any problems and I do use it regularly.

The poppy seed bread is to die for. :gay:

Oh well as it doesn't have all of the chemicals in that store bought bread does then it does go off quicker, but I doubt having to worry if it will be out long enough to go stale in your household will be a problem. :D

(Especially once you've tasted how lush it is)

• 3 weeks later...