NUFC Fans Forum

Christmas Tree

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Portsmouth were punching above their weight simply by being in the Premier League. I don't think a fan run club can exist in the top flight. Newcastle fans wouldn't be content operating in the lower leagues even if we did have control.

How are the fans supposed to scrape together £2-300million? And what's to say Ashley even wants to sell? It's never gona happen, the club is too big for that now

We wouldnt be worth 2-300 million if we were in what used be called divi 4 though. Thats why I pointed out that a few may like that and accept the reduced status of the club.

We wouldnt be worth 2-300 million if we were in what used be called divi 4 though. Thats why I pointed out that a few may like that and accept the reduced status of the club.

Well they should start a new football club in the City and start afresh. AFC Wimbledon have had 5 promotions in 9 years, No reason why Newcastle Untied couldn't do the same.

Well they should start a new football club in the City and start afresh. AFC Wimbledon have had 5 promotions in 9 years, No reason why Newcastle Untied couldn't do the same.

A few on here have said that. Think it was different for Wimbledon because of the MK Dons thing. The local council got all WFC's trophies back when that tosser with the hair took them to Milton Keynes and claim them for the new club. Lucky he wasnt shot dead. Those fuckers who set up FCMU(?) though...happy enough to lord it over the rest of us for a decade and a half until some steward told them they had to sit down during games so they set their own club up? :lol:

A few on here have said that. Think it was different for Wimbledon because of the MK Dons thing. The local council got all WFC's trophies back when that tosser with the hair took them to Milton Keynes and claim them for the new club. Lucky he wasnt shot dead. Those fuckers who set up FCMU(?) though...happy enough to lord it over the rest of us for a decade and a half until some steward told them they had to sit down during games so they set their own club up? :lol:

It was more about the Glazers, wan't it?

It was more about the Glazers, wan't it?

I think it was modern football in general, which as you say included the Glazers winning titles and European cups etc :lol:

If manu are knocked off their perch in the next few years it'll be because bacon face has retired to concentrate on his drinking, not because of the Glazers...

I think it's ominous that the whole 'fans buying the club' delusion is rearing its head again

do you? i think you should have attended the meeting tonight to put your point across. democratically, you could have influenced people to your point of view, if you'd been there

How are the fans supposed to scrape together £2-300million? And what's to say Ashley even wants to sell? It's never gona happen, the club is too big for that now

you could have made those points at the meeting tonight; as we are a democracy, you could have persuaded people to agree with your stance.

but you weren't there.....

What use is a dialogue with the club if every fan has an equal say? There needs to be some sort of common themes to pass onto the club to action. Pointless handing over 1000 opinions from 1000 fans

because we need to represent every fan; unless we do, we don't know whether there are common, thematic opinions.

if you attend the meeting, it's 1 more fan & 1 more step to authenticity....

Especially when a substantial number of those opinions will be ill-informed emotionally driven demands, rather than objective options for the future.

democratically, their voices are as valid as anyone else's/

and contradict each other, like the last meeting where speakers where at odds pretty much (not talking about JFK's mate)

as above.... democratically, their voices are as valid as anyone else's/

If folks just accepted what they were being dished up we'd probably still have the iron curtain, and possibly dozens of other things throughout history wouldnt have changed either....the revolution in Romania started with one lad going "BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!" at party organised love in for Ceaucesu. Thats all it took. Things have to start somewhere. Am not sure it will change anything, but its probably better than just whingeing on an internet forum.

amen

Indeed and unless you can get a decent large majority in this democracy singing from the same hymn sheet you'll get nowhere. I'm playing devils advocate a bit but I'd pay absolutely no attention whatsoever to 500-1000 ppl 50% of which can't agree on what stand they're taking . What were the numbers like anyway

but it isn't over yet; the campaign can grow, so the more that attend, the better...

you could have made those points at the meeting tonight; as we are a democracy, you could have persuaded people to agree with your stance.

but you weren't there.....

He doesn't need to... as it won't happen. Not his job to keep people from wasting their time is it.

Cheap tickets, proper away allocations and a couple of decent strikers.

If the group sets out to achieve this I think 99% of fans would be happy.

What else do they want? Things like Wonga and Kinnear are going to be difficult to do much about without changing the ownership given the hatred of Llambias and the Sports Direct sponsorship had no influence.

What campaign? A campaign by definition has a position to advocate, what position are you lot advocating?

it's a democracy; people have different opinions.

what i advocate is different to what many others believe.

He doesn't need to... as it won't happen. Not his job to keep people from wasting their time is it.

that's your opinion; it's equally as valid as mine, though i don't agree with you.

in a democracy all are free to express their opinions