NUFC Fans Forum

Christmas Tree

Yeah, you've just made that up. You badgered me to meet you in person so I told you the exact time and place I would be before the match if you were that desperate to speak with me. Funnily enough you didn't turn up.

My point is that you have 12 months of being a knacker on here under your belt. You can't just flip a switch and sudden become 'professional Gene' and expect people to forget all that shite.

I also recall you saying you went to more Percy Main games than you did NUFC games, which begs the question, are you doing this out of a love for the club or because you just enjoy a row about club politics and fancy leading this particular crusade?.

no you didn't actually; i think either your memory is failing, you're mixing me up with someone else or you're lying.

find proof of this & i'll donate £100 to the sir Bobby Robson Foundation; deal?

it's your perception that i'm a knacker; you're entitled to that opinion.

it's you who "can't forget" the past, not everyone; please try & grasp the concept that your opinion is not one held universally, as was demonstrated by the utter lack of support for your little tirades against me last time - you need to learn from that & move on.

last season i went to 17 NUFC games , all of them at home & 18 Percy Main games; what percentage of games do i need to attend before i am entitled to an opinion?

my motivation for involvement is a wish to safeguard the future of NUFC; your perception may be different, but if you attended a meeting it would be based in fact not conjecture - agreed?

Edited by Gene_Clark

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No bother mate. Why didn't you take the time to meet up with Rolling Stones if you like meetings ?

because he is either mistaken or lying in suggesting that; i did suggest he (& indeed everyone who posts on here) attends one of the meetings, as you yourself are welcome to do.

i would advise you to leave the personally abusive stuff out; after all, we're NUFC fans at the end of the day - that should unite us, not divide us.

considering you don't go to the meetings, you seem to think you are very well informed; unfortunately you don't actually know what you're talking about.

the tired, lame "Life of Brian" cliche does you know favours either.

of course, the offer is still there; come along to our next meeting & express your opinions; we're a democracy & all opinions are welcomed.

You're failing to sell it to me. Maybe if you gave us an idea of the sort of solid ideas being put forward at the meetings, some of them might convince me it's as worth the effort you suggest it is.

I reckon for half the people going it's a canny excuse for a couple of pints and some football chat, unless you can say otherwise...rather than repeating "come and see for yourself".

because he is either mistaken or lying in suggesting that; i did suggest he (& indeed everyone who posts on here) attends one of the meetings, as you yourself are welcome to do.

i would advise you to leave the personally abusive stuff out; after all, we're NUFC fans at the end of the day - that should unite us, not divide us.

Edited by TheRollingStones

You're failing to sell it to me. Maybe if you gave us an idea of the sort of solid ideas being put forward at the meetings, some of them might convince me it's as worth the effort you suggest it is.

I reckon for half the people going it's a canny excuse for a couple of pints and some football chat, unless you can say otherwise...rather than repeating "come and see for yourself".

i don't think it's up to me to convert you really; surely as a Newcastle fan you're already sharing the most important aspect of any reason to get involved

as we're a democracy, which avoids the idea of leaders, i'm wary of trying to promote a certain "line" or philosophy as being what we stand for

the essential information is on the website http://www.nufcfansutd.com/about-nufcfansutd.html & if you read that in conjunction with Lee Marshall's press release about the fans' forum from the start of the week, it gives a decent idea of what the group is about

i'd say about half the people there were having a couple of pints & the chat was about football, so in that sense you're correct, but it does have the purpose of having a clear channel of communication with the club as Lee Marshall & Wendy Taylor were in attendance.

yes i see i asked to meet you, to try & chat things over, but you declined the offer, which is of course your prerogative

not sure why it is relevant 8 months later, unless you're wanting to meet now; i'm in Durham next Wednesday for the David Peace event

yes i see i asked to meet you, to try & chat things over, but you declined the offer, which is of course your prerogative

not sure why it is relevant 8 months later, unless you're wanting to meet now; i'm in Durham next Wednesday for the David Peace event

2 more minutes and I'll find the post where I told you exactly where I would be . . . .

let's stick to the issues please & keep the infantile name-calling out of it.

Some of your past pearls towards me

1 '''you're a worthless, clueless cunt

your opinion on any & every topic is completely invalid''

2 ''you & him are a pair of shitbags; the completely unacceptable face of modern football

a pair of inane, soppy cunts who would be laughed out of any gathering of decent Newcastle fans in the real world

the internet gives you a chance to think your opinions matter; they don't''

3 so, you think my avatar is a photo of me do you?

if that's the case, you're obviously even more of a fucking retard than i thought.

Edited by TheRollingStones

'''you're a worthless, clueless cunt

your opinion on any & every topic is completely invalid''

''you & him are a pair of shitbags; the completely unacceptable face of modern football

a pair of inane, soppy cunts who would be laughed out of any gathering of decent Newcastle fans in the real world

the internet gives you a chance to think your opinions matter; they don't''

so, you think my avatar is a photo of me do you?

if that's the case, you're obviously even more of a fucking retard than i thought.

they appear to be a list of my comments about you, not an indication of where you'd be, so i'm confused why you're posting them - unless you now agree with what i said; fair play to you for the self revelation, now let's move on eh?

More examples of your delightful personality

but those tiny errors can be the margin between ultimate success and failure, for example in degree classifications

onnycake - stop calling me a cunt please; show some respect to someone with better academic qualifications than you.

they appear to be a list of my comments about you, not an indication of where you'd be, so i'm confused why you're posting them - unless you now agree with what i said; fair play to you for the self revelation, now let's move on eh?

I quoted your comment from yesterday about name calling. Just wanted the proof of you being a hypocrite on show

I quoted your comment from yesterday about name calling. Just wanted the proof of you being a hypocrite on show

by showing posts from 8 months ago?

perhaps i ought not to have said those things; i've realised that & don't indulge in any abuse now - perhaps you can learn from me & get over it.

Is this how all the fan meetings go?

no, not at all; i think it's helping Rolling Stones to deal with stuff though, so no harm done.

if it enables him to move on, we should encourage his unburdening

I forgot this little pearler from your book :lol:

I knew by my teens i was better than those i lived around

by the time i was 13, i was reading "the daily telegraph" while my dad read "the daily mirror."

I watched bbc2, regardless of programme as they watched itv

I listened to radio 3 while they listened to radio newcastle.

I drank coffee while they drank tea.

I was a vegetarian as they ate meat.

While they came home tired & dirty from work, i read french & russian 19th century novels.

While they paid rent, i bought property.

The classics keep on coming

Having developed a passion for
the non-league game in the North East during the
previous decade and a half, Ian finally “retired” as
a Newcastle fan in May 2009 to dedicate himself
to Percy Main Amateurs FC, where he is Assistant
Secretary and chief dishwasher