Nelson Mandela. Yes Gemmill.

Monkeys Fist

A great man - to go through all that tme in prison and come out and bury the bitterness - very very few people could do that

Edited by Rob W

988375_785112214849170_716294266_n.jpg

Nelson Mandela will die soon. Today, tomorrow, this week, next week. It won't be long.When he does die, and David Cameron jumps on the Mandela bandwagon, remember that in 1985 he was a top member of the Federation of Conservative Students, which produced the "Hang Mandela" posters. In 1989, Cameron worked in the Tory Policy Unit at Central Office and went on an anti-sanctions fact-finding mission to South Africa with a pro-apartheid lobby firm sponsored by PW Botha. Remember this when he tells the world he was inspired by Madiba.

Is there actually any truth in the first bit?....I think Cameron's trip to SA is well documented...

Tens of thousands of South Africans joined scores of world leaders for a national memorial service on Tuesday as part of a series of commemorations.

One of the dignitaries at the event, South African peace advocate Desmond Tutu, had his home broken into while he was away, an aide has told reporters.

One lawnmower was reported missing.

Edited by ewerk

Apparently the bloke who was doing sign language during the funeral was a fake and was just making up the signs he was making.

It's stuff like this that really puts a smile on my face even when I know it shouldn't :D

His explanation

"He said that during the event, he had lost concentration because of voices in his head.

He said he had started hallucinating, and saw angels coming into the stadium."

Fuck

Me.

:lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-25345627

I just love that they've said that he's been used for other events too, and it's taken a public event of this size for it to be exposed: the death of South Africa's greatest son.

Finally the deaf people of South Africa are going to be able to understand what the fuck is going on at public events. Mandela's final great act.