The football stadium ruling on bottles

Jonny_nufc

On the way to the ground on Saturday, I suddenly remembered I'd run out of Roses Lime Cordial :blush: . i therefore quickly nipped into a news agent and picked up a bag of Bombay Mix :( for the game for good measure to share with the lads :razz:

Anyway, going into the ground, I was told I couldn't take in a full bottle with the cap on. :( I joked that Lime Cordials don't wear caps... much to everyone's amusement ;) ..... even got a laugh off a couple of NME faces :rolleyes: ... ...but in any case unfortunately I was told I wouldn't be allowed in without the top taken off the bottle. ;)

I tried to explain that it was a concentrate and needed diluting and that i didn't intend to drink it in the ground but at home instead :yes . Anyway we argued with the stewards and it turns a bit nasty as looks are exchanged so I just had to leave it with them in a bag clearly labelled 'Jonny NUFC'

Why can't I take in a plastic bottle with a top on it?

:blush:

On the way to the ground on Saturday, I suddenly remembered I'd run out of Roses Lime Cordial :blush: . i therefore quickly nipped into a news agent and picked up a bag of Bombay Mix :(  for the game for good measure to share with the lads  :razz:

Anyway, going into the ground, I was told I couldn't take in a full bottle with the cap on. :(  I joked that Lime Cordials don't wear caps... much to everyone's amusement ;) ..... even got a laugh off a couple of NME faces :rolleyes:  ...  ...but in any case unfortunately I was told I wouldn't be allowed in without the top taken off the bottle.  ;)

I tried to explain that it was a concentrate and needed diluting and that i didn't intend to drink it in the ground but at home instead :yes . Anyway we argued with the stewards and it turns a bit nasty as looks are exchanged so I just had to leave it with them in a bag clearly labelled 'Jonny NUFC'

Why can't I take in a plastic bottle with a top on it? 

:blush:

80410[/snapback]

Actually Jonny it is clear that the top on the bottle isn't the problem but the bottle itself!

Being a "plastic bottle" you will probably find that the stewards are also eco-terrorists and were worryying their little cotton pickin' socks off that you wouldn't recycle the bottle appropriately. Now if you had of had a bottle of broon they would of probably let you in with a six pack no questions asked. See you should think before you leap.

Jonny we've had the same at Torquay united, for a couple seasons now. The stewards will let you take a plastic bottle of drink in, but only minus the cap, we have to give that to the steward ;)

Its so annoying as your pepsi goes flat and if your're prone to jumping about in excitement ( ok that only happens occassionally at TUFC games)! the drink spills all over your shirt :( It makes it worse as we go in the standing area and if its busy you end up having your drink elbowed everywhere!

The first time i had my cap prised away from me i queried why, to be told i might throw it at one of the players and could injure their eye ;) I was outraged, i mean, i hardly look like a hooligan....

Mind you, watching some of our displays this season might just lead me to do it to our own players never mind the opposition!! :rolleyes:

Whilst on the subject....

Bring on those Brummies tonight!!!!!!!

Edited by Toonraider

Jonny we've had the same at Torquay united, for a couple seasons now. The stewards will let you take a plastic bottle of drink in, but only minus the cap, we have to give that to the steward  :rolleyes:

Its so annoying as your pepsi goes flat and if your're prone to jumping about in excitement ( ok that only happens occassionally at TUFC games)!  the drink spills all over your shirt  :angry:  It makes it worse as we go in the standing area and if its busy you end up having your drink elbowed everywhere!

The first time i had my cap prised away from me i queried why, to be told i might throw it at one of the players and could injure their eye  :yes  I was outraged, i mean, i hardly look like a hooligan....

Mind you, watching some of our displays this season might just lead me to do it to our own players never mind the opposition!!  ;)

80456[/snapback]

I had assumed it was that a full bottle hurled at someone would have a bit of weight behind it and might be deemed a deadly weapon! :o

Reminds me of a mate of mine who was going around claiming he had been bottled, after some knacker had thrown a plastic bottle, half full of what looked like milk, at him.

A smiley jizz-fest?

80550[/snapback]

Could you not have a little friendly message, maybe in bright red, when people post:

"Remember just because you can use smileys, they are NOT compulsory"

It's the path to GREATness tbh.

A smiley jizz-fest?

80550[/snapback]

Could you not have a little friendly message, maybe in bright red, when people post:

"Remember just because you can use smileys, they are NOT compulsory"

It's the path to GREATness tbh.

80560[/snapback]

Writing in red always reminds me of school work being marked tbh. Actually in that respect it's rather fitting for over there isn't it? :rolleyes:

Writing in red always reminds me of school work being marked tbh. Actually in that respect it's rather fitting for over there isn't it? :rolleyes:

80643[/snapback]

:yes N-O's new tagline "Must try harder!"

Jonny we've had the same at Torquay united, for a couple seasons now. The stewards will let you take a plastic bottle of drink in, but only minus the cap, we have to give that to the steward  :rolleyes:

Its so annoying as your pepsi goes flat and if your're prone to jumping about in excitement ( ok that only happens occassionally at TUFC games)!  the drink spills all over your shirt  :angry:  It makes it worse as we go in the standing area and if its busy you end up having your drink elbowed everywhere!

The first time i had my cap prised away from me i queried why, to be told i might throw it at one of the players and could injure their eye  :yes  I was outraged, i mean, i hardly look like a hooligan....

Mind you, watching some of our displays this season might just lead me to do it to our own players never mind the opposition!!  ;)

80456[/snapback]

I had assumed it was that a full bottle hurled at someone would have a bit of weight behind it and might be deemed a deadly weapon! :o

Reminds me of a mate of mine who was going around claiming he had been bottled, after some knacker had thrown a plastic bottle, half full of what looked like milk, at him.

80523[/snapback]

"half-full of a milk like substance" and "jizz-fest" in the same sentence. I hope your "mate" got dry cleaned

My mate bought a bottle of coke at half time in the east stand against Manfield and they gave him it with the bottle cap on. When I asked why they didn't take the top off, he just looked blankly at me.

Edited by BlueStar

Has anyone worked out the point to these threads yet?

80528[/snapback]

Look, if you find this thread and others like it beneath your notice alex, then dont bother posting on it.

WHY is almost everything that is said on here treated with derisory remarks by the same certain few?

Is it in an atempt to appear cool and laid back? Or are you just trying to score points off each other?

:angry::o:yes:icon_lol::razz::rolleyes:

and yes some bastard smilies.. ;)

80528[/snapback]

Look, if you find this thread and others like it beneath your notice alex, then dont bother posting on it.

WHY is almost everything that is said on here treated with derisory remarks by the same certain few?

Is it in an atempt to appear cool and laid back? Or are you just trying to score points off each other?

:icon_lol::o:yes:razz::icon_lol::rolleyes:

80838[/snapback]

Mongotabulous overreaction! :angry:

On a completely separate issue, have you seen the new pms smiley?

:rolleyes:

:yes

80845[/snapback]

as my remarks referred to lots of posts ive seen on here by quite a few different posters, most of which i dont even remember! id have great trouble PM'ing them!!

And on the subject, ive just read thread after thread which contained many posts directed at one person to another, some of them having a real go, yet they were kept on the forum.

My remark was general saying i have noticed several people continue to make derisory remarks. Many threads i read starts off fine then dwindles into petty arguments, slanging matches and sarcastic remarks. Why is this? I like this forum, but i dont enjoy it as much as i used to because of this.

Edited by Toonraider

80528[/snapback]

:razz::o:yes:angry::(:rolleyes:

80838[/snapback]

Mongotabulous overreaction! :icon_lol:

80851[/snapback]

yeah an over reaction to that remark that may be....but i have been meaning to say that for awhile, so it all just came pouring out!! :angry:

Feel way beter now thank you :icon_lol:

On a completely separate issue, have you seen the new PMS smiley?

80845[/snapback]

as my remarks referred to lots of posts ive seen on here by quite a few different posters, most of which i dont even remember! id have great trouble PM'ing them!!

And on the subject, ive just read thread after thread which contained many posts from one person, some of them having a real go, yet they were kept on the forum.

My remark was general saying i have noticed several people continue to make derisory remarks. Many thread i read starts off fine then dwindles into petty arguments, slanging matches and sarcastic remarks. Why is this? I like this forum, but i dont enjoy it as much as i used to because of this.

80860[/snapback]

:o

On a completely separate issue, have you seen the new PMS smiley?

80845[/snapback]

And on the subject, ive just read thread after thread which contained many posts from one person, some of them having a real go, yet they were kept on the forum.

My remark was general saying i have noticed several people continue to make derisory remarks. Many thread i read starts off fine then dwindles into petty arguments, slanging matches and sarcastic remarks. Why is this? I like this forum, but i dont enjoy it as much as i used to because of this.

80860[/snapback]

:o

80863[/snapback]

"Remember just because you can use smileys, they are NOT compulsory

80845[/snapback]

And on the subject, ive just read thread after thread which contained many posts directed at one person to another, some of them having a real go, yet they were kept on the forum.

My remark was general saying i have noticed several people continue to make derisory remarks. Many threads i read starts off fine then dwindles into petty arguments, slanging matches and sarcastic remarks. Why is this? I like this forum, but i dont enjoy it as much as i used to because of this.

80860[/snapback]

You preferred when people talked about your underwear didn't you? :o

80845[/snapback]

80860[/snapback]

To be fair if we started removing threads that degenerated into attacks on people, there'd be little left. Moreover, I don't personally want to start removing posts unless it's absolutely necessary otherwise we'd be turning into that other forum who delete stuff willy-nilly...

As for the pms smiley, I think it's safe to say DotBum wasn't talking about Private Messages! :o

80845[/snapback]

80860[/snapback]

To be fair if we started removing threads that degenerated into attacks on people, there'd be little left. Moreover, I don't personally want to start removing posts unless it's absolutely necessary otherwise we'd be turning into that other forum who delete stuff willy-nilly...

As for the pms smiley, I think it's safe to say DotBum wasn't talking about Private Messages! :o

80886[/snapback]

D'oh :angry: thanks craig, i read it too quick, didnt really look at the smiley and missed what Dotbum was implying! ;)

All i was trying to say is, i feel its a shame that many good threads turn into nothing more than a list of put downs and petty remarks to each other. Im all for a good debate, but this is different.

What you say about not wishing to remove posts in threads that ended this way because there'd be little left, merely supports what im saying!