How many more years of Ashley?

trophyshy

Can you see him leaving any time soon?  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I wasn't alone but I said this months ago. The new tv deal and Colo the only one left on a £100kpw deal means we are turning a tidy profit season after season. Ashley's making £30/40mil a season for no further outlay and a shit load of free SD advertising. 5 years and he will be making pure profit every season

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting that he has repeatedly stated, through his mouthpieces, that he's got ok intention of leaving until at least the end of the 15/16 season.

Why state a time frame at all?

Interesting that he has repeatedly stated, through his mouthpieces, that he's got ok intention of leaving until at least the end of the 15/16 season.

Why state a time frame at all?

To give us false hope that he might be fucking off soon.

I think if he has lost interest in us as a football club, he'll be away in the next couple of years. Regardless of how much money the place makes, he has plenty of other vessels for this that need his attention, and he's consolidated his power so much in the board room over the past 24 months that this must be a drain on his time if nothing else.

I projected profit up to that point and worked out that the debt would be fully paid off almost exactly by then... If we stop up and stay as frugal.

Does that mean that he's simply saying there's no way he's leaving before the debt is paid off? Or that As soon as the debt's paid off, he'll be gone?

Having chased Kevin Keegan out of the club in 2008, Mike Ashley said

"Don't get me wrong. I did not buy Newcastle to make money. I bought Newcastle because I love football"

Sorry to nick this from you Chris it just caught my eye.

Stock price was 32 in December 2008 (before NUFC relegated and SD signage started appearing en masse)

Current stock price is 631. Almost 20 times what it was.

Yet NUFC are at the tail end of the Premiership being run on a shoestring while he's raking it in via the free advertising one word, sickening.

In my view the long game for Ashley is champions league exposure for his shop brand. That is far far more difficult to achieve at nufc than it is at rangers... And more expensive.

In my view it wouldn't be outlandish to imagine him taking the profits from an nufc sale use them to take on rangers.

With a £60m profit on the next accounts he will walk away from Newcastle at a profit.

... If they stay up.

The long game for him isn't a profitable club, fans are too costume for him to take out anything but loan repayments.

The long game is advertising his shop in other countries, for which there's nowt better than champions league.

But then that's bollocks cos hed have to cover his SD ads up wouldn't he.

Hmmm

He could stick SD on their shirts, think that's the one area UEFA's "sponsorship partners" don't get the blackout on.

But then that's bollocks cos hed have to cover his SD ads up wouldn't he.

Hmmm

Couldn't he make part of the deal an agreement to keep the SD hoardings there for a specified time?

Couldn't he make part of the deal an agreement to keep the SD hoardings there for a specified time?

I mean in the CL games. They don't allow it.

I have heard stories of interested parties being told that if they want to buy nufc they have to enter in to a 10 year retail and advertising agreement though.

If he changed the name of ibrox then uefa would call it "rangers stadium" like they call the emirates "arsenal stadium"... But how many writers follow that standard?

nufc saw how willingly the media go along with name changes.

If he changed the name of ibrox then uefa would call it "rangers stadium" like they call the emirates "arsenal stadium"... But how many writers follow that standard?

nufc saw how willingly the media go along with name changes.

Not looked at any reports from the CL in regard to what the hacks call the grounds in their reports, but suspect UEFA would make sure their partners are looked after and threaten taking away accreditations etc.

He's already got the naming rights and owns the retail, he'll likely give them some emergency funding (they're losing thick end of a million a month) in exchange for maybe security on the fixed assets like £1brox. (although there's a court case about who actually owns £1brox still floating around).

Maybe's we're looking in the wrong direction altogether. While we've been looking at Newcastle & Rangers Ashley moved in very stealthily via SD on Oldham Athletic. Who with the right financial backing could potentially be a Premiership team in 2 seasons. Could that be the reason the club was so specific about Ashley not selling up for 2 seasons ? Who knows what his long term plans are but It may not be with Rangers or Newcastle it may well be with Oldham. Their ground is now called SportsDirect.com Park. SD own the club shop, the shirts are made by Sondico another of Ashley's companies & the shirts have the SD logo right in the middle. I might be a million miles wrong but Oldham might be worth keeping an eye on.

Maybe's we're looking in the wrong direction altogether. While we've been looking at Newcastle & Rangers Ashley moved in very stealthily via SD on Oldham Athletic. Who with the right financial backing could potentially be a Premiership team in 2 seasons. Could that be the reason the club was so specific about Ashley not selling up for 2 seasons ? Who knows what his long term plans are but It may not be with Rangers or Newcastle it may well be with Oldham. Their ground is now called SportsDirect.com Park. SD own the club shop, the shirts are made by Sondico another of Ashley's companies & the shirts have the SD logo right in the middle. I might be a million miles wrong but Oldham might be worth keeping an eye on.

I think Oldham are a long way off Premier League and again, as with Rangers, he can get all the benefits for his Sports Direct brand without actually owning a controlling share and thereby having to navigate the fit and proper tests for "owners".