Scariest top 3 films

Christmas Tree

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't find The Exorcist remotely scary although I did enjoy it.

I'd go along with The Omen and Twin Peaks. There's bits of Mullholland Drive that are also at least very unsettling. I agree with whoever said The Changling too. The Others basically ripped off massive parts of that film. Phsyco and The Thing were also pretty frightening when watched alone in the dark back in the day.

Yeah there were some bad bits in Mullholland.

All I remember from that film is the sensational lez-off. Whatever happened to the other lass in that (not Watts).

Very little. I think she's mainly done tv soap type stuff.

That lez-off is one of my favourite scenes of all time.

When you watch that on it's own in the middle of the day it comes accross like some sort of meme. But within the context of film (although I'm not really sure what that scene has to do with the rest of the film) it was scary as fuck.

I watched Psycho on my own at 2am one night a few years back and was pretty freaked out turning the lights out. The Shining is the scaries experience I've had. As others say, watching that on channel 4 as a 12 year old or something will fuck you up for days, not least because of the saggy hag and fancy dress blow job.

Some that haven't been mentioned though...

Kill list is quite freaky like. I've not seen Dancer In The Dark but I hadn't realised it was a scary film.

It's not scary as such, but there's a few times where I struggled to breathe under the weight of shit going down. Like Irreversible, there's moments of shocking violence, but it's not as black hearted as Irreversible, so it's all the more devastating when Bjork's having bother rather than Monica Bellucci. In Breaking The Waves Emily Watson's mistreatment was more comic/bizarre/unreal to me, so despite Dancer having lush musical dance scenes and Breaking being played more straight, Dancer was more devastating.

Dogville is the same too. Von Trier just likes kicking shit out of women on film, and I alwayd find it pretty horrific.

It's not scary as such, but there's a few times where I struggled to breathe under the weight of shit going down. Like Irreversible, there's moments of shocking violence, but it's not as black hearted as Irreversible, so it's all the more devastating when Bjork's having bother rather than Monica Bellucci. In Breaking The Waves Emily Watson's mistreatment was more comic/bizarre/unreal to me, so despite Dancer having lush musical dance scenes and Breaking being played more straight, Dancer was more devastating.

Dogville is the same too. Von Trier just likes kicking shit out of women on film, and I alwayd find it pretty horrific.

Aye I was going to mention Dogville. It is pretty horrific. I keep meaning to watch Irreversible, I've only seen the subway scene so far.