Scariest top 3 films

Christmas Tree

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's brilliant but harrowing. From the very first scene it's proper full-on fucking hell!

Ordered. :lol:

Noticed La Haine and The Prophet blu ray's are in the 3 for 20 nicker offer on Amazon. ;)

51eAIx7l4rL._AA160_.jpg

Edited by Park Life

My uncle showed me 'An American werewolf in London' when I was 5. Took me years to get over it.

Watched Nightmare on Elm Street when I was 10. Spent years thinking the cat scratching at my bedroom door to get in was Freddy trying to get me

That put me off horrors for years. The Mrs then convinced me to see Paranormal Activity at the cinema. It freaked me out, didn't want to look in the loft for weeks after

It's strange because I can watch stuff like Halloween, The Shining, The Exorcist quite happily

My uncle showed me 'An American werewolf in London' when I was 5. Took me years to get over it.

Watched Nightmare on Elm Street when I was 10. Spent years thinking the cat scratching at my bedroom door to get in was Freddy trying to get me

That put me off horrors for years. The Mrs then convinced me to see Paranormal Activity at the cinema. It freaked me out, didn't want to look in the loft for weeks after

It's strange because I can watch stuff like Halloween, The Shining, The Exorcist quite happily

Same thing with me with American Werewolf.... think I was a bit older though. The opening scene. Yikes. Looks shit now like.

It's vile, and brilliant. Think of the lift scene from Drive on drugs :puke:

Have you seen Gaspar Noe's first film I Stand Alone? Well worth trying to track down a copy if you like your films dark & disturbing.

Also worth checking out:

Schramm: Into the Mind of a Serial Killer

Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer

The New York Ripper

Have you seen Gaspar Noe's first film I Stand Alone? Well worth trying to track down a copy if you like your films dark & disturbing.

Also worth checking out:

Schramm: Into the Mind of a Serial Killer

Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer

The New York Ripper

I haven't seen it, but I won't be watching any film but Toy Story 2 for about 16 years.

The best recent horror is Sinister for me.

I also watched The Visit last night which was a bit jumpy in places.

As a kid though. Nightmare on Elm St, Halloween, The Omen and The Shining.

The Wickerman was upsetting but the one I had most nightmares with was The Fly.

Disturbing things rather than whole films:

There was a film in the late seventies called The Brood which was one of the first things I watched on video - this woman gave birth to mutant kids but her womb was on the outside like some kind of sac. Anyway she tore open the sac to release this kid and then licked all the gunge of its body. When I watched it I had some kind of stomach flu at the time which meant I had a horrible taste in my mouth - I remember imagining that the mutant kids tasted the same as the taste in my mouth - this went on until I was well and probably a while after.

I think Bob's first appearance in Twin Peaks really disturbed me - and that was then repeated right at the end with Cooper's fate.

Tim Curry in It was pretty scary.

I quite like John Carpenter's films and theres a bit in Prince of Darkness where Lucifer is reaching out from Hell through some kind of mirror to try and grab this lasses hand to escape with some of Carpenter's typically weird music playing in the background - that disturbed me no end.

The best recent horror is Sinister for me.

I also watched The Visit last night which was a bit jumpy in places.

As a kid though. Nightmare on Elm St, Halloween, The Omen and The Shining.

The Wickerman was upsetting but the one I had most nightmares with was The Fly.

Proper skive off school and get the tabs out collection there :lol: Just need to hoy in The Thing, The Brood, The Entity and Scanners!

Proper skive off school and get the tabs out collection there :lol: Just need to hoy in The Thing, The Brood, The Entity and Scanners!

The Thing is one of my fav movies. Black and white one as well.

Edited by Holden McGroin