Kodi

Christmas Tree

Struggling getting stuff to download to an external HDD.

Any tips?

I'd just use torrents tbh. I think it's over complicating things to do your downloading through kodi. You could still watch them on Kodi if that's what you want to do, but I wouldn't use it as the means of downloading.

Buy a freesat+ box. Why the fuck are you paying them £120 a year for the record function?

Had a canny Humax one but sold it last time we got Sky. Never changed it since the deal ran out as they were not charging us the £17.99 line rental.

That all stopped last month hence my queries about fibre etc.

Kodi and Amazon have really changed the game and although it's a cracking deal I keep thinking.

I've got more movies than you Sky, more box sets, more Newcastle games. :lol:

Think I'm gonna pass.

I would still get yourself another Humax. I find it personally offensive paying them to be able to use the record button on a box I've already paid for. The Humax stuff has moved on quite a bit now too, much more user friendly and Sky like.

Don't know if this is of any use to the lesser mortals, not Gods like Gemmill.

The beast creator has just uploaded a video "how to do your own build".

Might be a trick or two in there that helps someone.

http://youtu.be/AffNXizMUqQ

Not watched that but I think it'll be pretty much what I've done with my set up now. Personally I quite enjoy fucking about with Kodi and making it how I want it. That said I do forget to actually use it to watch anything sometimes.

Arseholes, what are the must have addons? I've got Exodus, Operation Robocop and DexterTv. What else do I need? Ta.

I know you're too arsey to do this, but just stick the beast on your PC, have a look through at the stuff on there and cherry pick the best bits for your own build.

The ones you mention plus Money Sport, NJM, Phoenix, Castaway, Halow (I've only just put this on so not tested it much), Zem Tv, Speckto, UK Turk, The Royal We, Prime Wire, SALTS, White Cream.

The last one has a good line in transgender for you Gem!

Exodus, SALTs, Phoenix, Royal We, Velocity, NJM and Robocop. UK Turk has loads of old British TV and a decent concerts collection which is all probably on YouTube anyway but worth having. Install the Trakt addon too, most of my collections have synced across the addons which is good.

I'm new to the board, so please be kind.

I was watching our game yesterday and every link I tried had really bad buffering issues. I tried Phoenix, Robocop etc and all buffered continuously. My ISP is Plusnet, who are pretty relaxed when it comes to downloading and streaming, so I don't think it's them throttling me speed.

Is there anything you can suggest to improve my viewing?

I have a decent connection and had a lot of buffering issues yesterday.

My backup is SportsDevil. It's got plenty of steady but fairly low quality streams like Adthe.

I have a decent connection and had a lot of buffering issues yesterday.

My backup is SportsDevil. It's got plenty of steady but fairly low quality streams like Adthe.

Yeah, SportsDevil is my go to when I have buffering issues, but as you say, the quality is nowhere near as good as the ones I mentioned in my first post.