Watford v Newcastle / FA Cup / 9th Jan / 3pm

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just seen the highlights.

Even tho the appointment of Mclaren has so far in my opinion been an epic fail, you can't hold him accountable for not be able to put those chances away!

Edited by Slayer

It's been evident that that has been the problem this season. If this doesn't blatantly highlight to the mongs at the club that we are in desperate need of a striker then they are bigger idiots than we all thought.

EDIT: I just read the nufc.com report and they've accused Thauvin of feigning injury. I don't know what happened, but I heard that our fans were singing "you're not fit to wear the shirt" at him (whether they were singing it at the whole team or at Thauvin individually I don't know) but that seems a tad vitriolic and .com aren't usually like that. Sad times to be supporting NUFC.

Edited by Haydnator

McClaren

"I thought it (the booing) was very harsh.

"We're all angry and frustrated. The players in there, believe you me, they're disappointed.

"We've performed today on a difficult pitch, in difficult circumstances, and I think we've dominated and controlled the game. We can't ask anymore.

"Fifty thousand people have to get behind this team and support this team. We have to stick together. I know it's difficult, it's difficult for all of us to show a little bit of patience, but there's work going on and Tuesday at Manchester United is the next challenge for us.

"I cannot fault the players, but that is four 1-0 defeats we have had, but everybody can see that the team is not far away from doing something.

About Thauvin:

"He's a young kid who's just coming in and he's got to adapt to this kind of thing and we're certainly behind the scenes supporting him.

"We wanted to win, I think we played to win and we went to win. I don't think we can do much more apart from stick the ball in the back of the net."

Apparently today we had the usual "We're shit & we're sick of it"

Also a new contender emerged "We want our money back"

"We want Newcastle back" emerged too.

It seems that not only the way the Club being ran is pathetic but some of our support is too. Secluding & booing someone who's barely played while there's other players who get 90 minutes each week and are average or worse every time. The entire state of it all man, it's too much to bear at times.

Well after watching the highlights there, very hard to understand why we aren't winning. Because the football from us looked pretty impressive.

It has been like that for almost all of the last 4 defeats (apart from West Brom)

It has been like that for almost all of the last 4 defeats (apart from West Brom)

"We want Newcastle back" emerged too.

It seems that not only the way the Club being ran is pathetic but some of our support is too. Secluding & booing someone who's barely played while there's other players who get 90 minutes each week and are average or worse every time. The entire state of it all man, it's too much to bear at times.

Stop defending tuxedo boy

McClaren

"I thought it (the booing) was very harsh.

"We're all angry and frustrated. The players in there, believe you me, they're disappointed.

"We've performed today on a difficult pitch, in difficult circumstances, and I think we've dominated and controlled the game. We can't ask anymore.

"Fifty thousand people have to get behind this team and support this team. We have to stick together. I know it's difficult, it's difficult for all of us to show a little bit of patience, but there's work going on and Tuesday at Manchester United is the next challenge for us.

"I cannot fault the players, but that is four 1-0 defeats we have had, but everybody can see that the team is not far away from doing something.

About Thauvin:

"He's a young kid who's just coming in and he's got to adapt to this kind of thing and we're certainly behind the scenes supporting him.

"We wanted to win, I think we played to win and we went to win. I don't think we can do much more apart from stick the ball in the back of the net."

I could have written that reply before he made it, I very nearly got it. He's like a robot.

At some point the penny is going to drop that history doesn't record performances, and what is the point in even turning up if you can't fucking score? The difference this season is the ability to put the ball in the net, that has seen is scrape safety in recent years but we are fucked this year. These are professional players at the top level and they can't even hit the target with shots on goal, it's nothing short of disgraceful finishing.

Imagine I consistently missed targets at work? I'd be fucking sacked.

At some point the penny is going to drop that history doesn't record performances, and what is the point in even turning up if you can't fucking score? The difference this season is the ability to put the ball in the net, that has seen is scrape safety in recent years but we are fucked this year. These are professional players at the top level and they can't even hit the target with shots on goal, it's nothing short of disgraceful finishing.

magine I consistently missed targets at work? I'd be fucking sacked.

You'd get moved to better/different job at my place.

They are still playing better than anything I've seen in recent years though. Getting very frustrating now - I really hope its a confidence thing and as soon as Mitrovic and Thauvin actutally score the floodgates open.

Created so many chances in the last two games, through positive, passing play.

call me a dick, but I seriously prefer my team to be playing football and losing than playing the absolute shite we had under Pards.

Steve really needs choices, I thought the lineup was good but he's nothing on the bench.