Jump to content

Recommended Posts

So this isn't going so well for Bloomberg :lol: he was destroyed in the Nevada debates.

 

The only thing he has going for him is money. And yeah maybe that's enough but he's so devoid of substance that I really hope it's not.

 

Sanders does not look 78. Or ill. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Iirc the cases he’s bringing against these states won’t go to the Federal Supreme Court but those states Supreme Court. The most that would happen from that is perhaps a recount, as it’s complete fuck

Worth noting that the likes of George Floyd won't show up on that graph, he wasn't shot to death by police, he was suffocated by them and he isn't the only one. There's a reason "I can't breathe" has

They are simultaneously too ineffective to stop Trump when he succeeds and too powerful to overcome whenever he fails to deliver. Just like "antifa", which are both a terrifying scourge that law enfor

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

So this isn't going so well for Bloomberg :lol: he was destroyed in the Nevada debates.

 

The only thing he has going for him is money. And yeah maybe that's enough but he's so devoid of substance that I really hope it's not.

 

Sanders does not look 78. Or ill. 

But he is 78 and recently had a heart attack.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, he didn't look it.

 

And let's be fair, Bloomberg is a Republican masquerading as a Democrat. He actually was a Republican during the Bush era.

 

He's also apparently homophobic, sexist, racist and all the other usual things, so quite how many of the young and woke are going to vote for him even if he does get the nomination is really not as clear to me as it is to others.

 

All he has is money.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

Well, he didn't look it.

 

And let's be fair, Bloomberg is a Republican masquerading as a Democrat. He actually was a Republican during the Bush era.

 

He's also apparently homophobic, sexist, racist and all the other usual things, so quite how many of the young and woke are going to vote for him even if he does get the nomination is really not as clear to me as it is to others.

 

All he has is money.

Trump was a Democrat during the Bush jnr era...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

Well, he didn't look it.

 

And let's be fair, Bloomberg is a Republican masquerading as a Democrat. He actually was a Republican during the Bush era.

 

He's also apparently homophobic, sexist, racist and all the other usual things, so quite how many of the young and woke are going to vote for him even if he does get the nomination is really not as clear to me as it is to others.

 

All he has is money.

Nice deflection, at no point have I ever said Von Blomberg should get the nod. If Sanders does they will lose. Unless Trump has a dementia episode during the live debates. Which to be fair could happen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Nice deflection, at no point have I ever said Von Blomberg should get the nod. If Sanders does they will lose. Unless Trump has a dementia episode during the live debates. Which to be fair could happen.

 

How was that a deflection? I answered what you said directly with about as much detail as I felt it warranted - 'he doesn't look it'. If you want to go on to explain to me how the American public are ok with Trump being a borderline dementia patient but yet would be up in arms about Sanders having a heart attack then go for it, but personally I don't think it's a hugely relevant argument.

 

They are going to lose no matter who gets it because the left and the centre will destroy each other in the same way they did under Corbyn. As such, I'm just going to enjoy watching the fireworks.

Edited by Rayvin
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Warren was class in the snippets of the debate I’ve seen. She had Bloomberg on the ropes. She’d do the same to Trump. Not that his base would give a fuck 

 

Warren was meant to win NH. She failed and came third. It's hard to see how she comes back really unless Bernie actually pulls out or the centrists rally around her in desperation. But frankly, they'd pick one of their own for that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

 

If you want to go on to explain to me how the American public are ok with Trump being a borderline dementia patient but yet would be up in arms about Sanders having a heart attack then go for it, but personally I don't think it's a hugely relevant argument.

 


It's relevant insofar as different standards apply to the obviously unwell person who's protecting rich people's interests and the angry socialist grandpa, just like different standards applied last time when Trump was already showing signs of his decline but apparently that didn't matter whereas Clinton wobbling/fainting into a car was immediately seized upon.

 

It's not so much the "how" the American public are ok with it (primarily the media, obviously) as the fact that it's just the way it is in the first place and it can't be changed any more. Which is why they're fucked even before the left and the centre start tearing each other to pieces. Which, as you say, they will also almost certainly proceed to do. :suicide::suicide: :suicide:

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

 

Warren was meant to win NH. She failed and came third. It's hard to see how she comes back really unless Bernie actually pulls out or the centrists rally around her in desperation. But frankly, they'd pick one of their own for that.

i don't think she will win the nomination, which is a shame because she is probably the best placed to run trump close. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i don't think she will win the nomination, which is a shame because she is probably the best placed to run trump close. 

 

I reckon Bloomberg could run him close too. Fight fire with fire, etc.

 

I just think, unfortunately, that Bloomberg is an asshat.

Edited by Rayvin
Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys are counting him out a little too soon, I think. The country is more than 50% Democrat. If Sanders can properly get the base out in large numbers, which Clinton could not or would not do, just on numbers alone it should be enough to defeat Trump. As I've said a number of times, Trump's base has not grown at all in three years. He holds no appeal outside of his already rabid cult and/or the quickly diminishing number of "moderate Republicans" who are still willing to grudgingly vote for a criminal buffoon who has ripped the heart and soul out of what used to be a decent conservative party. 

He won in 2016 by winning a considerable but not huge number of Obama voters over. In PA, MI, and WI, he won by a combined total of less than 100,000 votes. In order to win again, he's going to have to repeat that feat and I still find it impossible to believe that will happen, especially since Sanders has a lot of appeal among working-class voters in those states in particular. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Andrew changed the title to President Biden

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...