Oscars 2017

Happy Face

Quite interesting when you look at it historically and see some of the films that didn't win (and in lots of cases weren't even nominated). Citizen Kane didn't even win best picture.

Vertigo and Third Man weren't even nominated. :lol:

Edited by Park Life

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

La La Land getting best Cinematography is lax.

Hacksaw Ridge had the best colour palette and colour grading with attention given to getting a digital shoot to look like Kodachrome of that era.

http://www.cinematographer.org.au/cms/page.asp?ID=22425

whatever you think of la la land, you have to admit it was a beautiful-looking film. 

Quite interesting when you look at it historically and see some of the films that didn't win (and in lots of cases weren't even nominated). Citizen Kane didn't even win best picture.

Neither did The Maltese Falcon which was clearly the best picture that year, just ahead of Suspicion.

Moonlight was a worthy winner for me.  I've not seen Lion yet but I thought it was better than the other contenders.  I don't really imagine any of this years nominees will be remembered with anything like the same regard as Citizen Kane, The Maltese Falcon, Suspicion or How Green Was My Valley though.