Golden State Killer

Couldn't find a serial killer thread, so...

They've allegedly finally caught the GSK who was last active in the mid-80s.  Had been presumed dead as he'd been very active for a decade then just disappeared.

Only thing that really caught my attention is that the suspect is a former cop, which is something straight out of a movie and should prove "interesting" as the story unfolds.

He was guilty of a rake of rapes/murders and used to call his victims to taunt them afterwards.  It's unclear at this time whether he was taunting the dead ones.

They finally nailed him on DNA evidence.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I remember a few jobs where you were forced to watch an induction video which were both interminably dull and a little concerning, so I know exactly how those girls must have felt.

He's 7 an entirely unaware of serial killers, but he's clever and has the cold dead eyes of a killer. Something of a Great White about him when he looks at people, or the way a snake will size up it's

I know, where does the weekend go? 

Posted Images

Wiki mentions them matching the felon database with GedMatch Genealogy DNA service.  Not sure if that's how they actually got him but all it would take would be a near-relative to upload their DNA to link him.

I'm on there so I guess my dreams of a terrorising the sheep of Dingle are on permanent hold. <_<  

15 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

It’s quite surprising how rare they are over here.

The US has a very fucked up culture for a Western country but probably has the best rate of identifying and capturing them too when compared to some South American countries, for example, where they are also prevalent.

So I think it's a mixture of lunacy; large, sprawling, anonymous cities and detective work spotting trends we can't compete with (and perhaps don't even want to).

3 minutes ago, adios said:

Herring had a couple of lasses on recently that do some serial killer podcast.  That sounded like it might be good.  Can't recall the name; do you listen to it? :razz:  

No but I will if you tell me the name. :lol: Sword and Scale us probably the pick of the ones I listen to. 

57 minutes ago, adios said:

The US has a very fucked up culture for a Western country but probably has the best rate of identifying and capturing them too when compared to some South American countries, for example, where they are also prevalent.

So I think it's a mixture of lunacy; large, sprawling, anonymous cities and detective work spotting trends we can't compete with (and perhaps don't even want to).

While not instant killers, the ones that worry me are the ones with property who can keep their victims alive for as long as they want. :(

I think I was scarred by that scene in pulp fiction.