Which is the bigger game?

Shearergol

Chelsea v Barca or Real v Arsenal

Having this debate at the moment. Personally, because of the rivalry between Chelsea and Barca (because of last year) and the fact that these are arguably the best two teams left in the competition (certainly favourites with the bookies) I feel that Chelsea v Barca is a bigger game.

It's been claimed that the media are building this one up for no reason, but I'm yet to hear a reason other than "it's my opinion" as to why the Arsenal match was as big.

Thoughts?

gooners madrid was the bigger game three years ago but not today.

chelsea's 'dirty tricks' campaign is cracking me up. not only does their pitch already resemble whitby beach - they've given it a watering overnight. ;)

much of a muchness IMO...

no prizes for guessing who Gol was debating it with... ;)

only the discussion didn't start off like that, it was a case of I think it's getting pathetic that UEFA got involved the get Barca off the pitch after an hour on Chelsea's say so - any other game, you'd never hear of shit like that going on.

It is a big game - yes, but it's being blown up even bigger than it should be mainly on the backing of what went on last season. If the two of them weren't storming the leagues, there'd still be a media frenzy because of all the pathetic shit going on behind the scenes...

My candid comment to Gol was that from a footballing view point, it's no bigger a game than what happened last night..

But the circus ensures it is... :P

much of a muchness IMO...

99188[/snapback]

You've got history and bad blood between Chelsea and Barca, they're also by far the best teams in their league, and last years game was a corker. I would say it makes it the bigger game, Real Madrid and Arsenal are big names but struggling.

My candid comment to Gol was that from a footballing view point, it's no bigger a game than what happened last night..

But the circus ensures it is... ;)

99188[/snapback]

Right OK, so what made Liverpool v Man United a bigger game than Bolton v West Ham?

(the FA Cup games btw)

Tonight's his bigger but I actually looked forward more to the Arsenal game. I don't expect a great game tonight even if it is bigger.

99226[/snapback]

Same for me.

if i was rijkarrd (cant be arsed looking up the spelling) id be loving it. Its so obvious that mournho is shitting it, using every trick in the book to get the upper hand because he feels his first XI is inferior to barcas. I can just imagine him on the phone to Fifa after 61mins, 'Its our pitch and they wont give it back, tell them!!! pleeeaaasseee!!!!!'