Newcastle prepare for unhappy Jenas..

Scottish Mag

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, I think your worng me old mucker, they have little things called, Tabloid Paparazzi down there, I.e nationwide photos of him on the lash, in the Toon they have the Chronical I.e Local.

9668[/snapback]

The difference is that those Papparazzis have zillions of targets in London, while the number of interesting people in Newcastle is numbered - and the interest focused on the football stars.

Do you really think anybody is interested in a night out of Jeanarse in London (unless he is booking rooms in the Grosvenor hotel?

Hmmm, I think your worng me old mucker, they have little things called, Tabloid Paparazzi down there, I.e nationwide photos of him on the lash, in the Toon they have the Chronical I.e Local.

9668[/snapback]

The difference is that those Papparazzis have zillions of targets in London, while the number of interesting people in Newcastle is numbered - and the interest focused on the football stars.

Do you really think anybody is interested in a night out of Jeanarse in London (unless he is booking rooms in the Grosvenor hotel?

9678[/snapback]

True, it dilutes the interest in football generally as well. I can't help but think that Mr Jeanarse is telling porkies too don't you ? I mean, the manager has also said that it was due to him being in a goldfish bowl, then he said he may have been unsettled by his "England colleagues" [is jenas really in the england squad ?] talking about what they earn. Of course, for "England colleagues" he may have been referring to his Newcastle colleague Mr Model Professional on 80 grand a week.

Which one is true ? Or is it neither. Is it more lies or what ?

Edited by LeazesMag

9668[/snapback]

9678[/snapback]

True, it dilutes the interest in football generally as well. I can't help but think that Mr Jeanarse is telling porkies too don't you ? I mean, the manager has also said that it was due to him being in a goldfish bowl, then he said he may have been unsettled by his "England colleagues" [is jenas really in the england squad ?] talking about what they earn. Of course, for "England colleagues" he may have been referring to his Newcastle colleague Mr Model Professional on 80 grand a week.

9684[/snapback]

Well, you also have to consider that Robert was telling about the unhappiness of Jeanarse - and I don't think those two have been in contact since the end of last season... :drinks:

9668[/snapback]

9678[/snapback]

9684[/snapback]

He's basically talking about Joe Cole. However, there's no chance Mourinho would ever buy Jenas.

If somebody offereed £10million for a player who wants away, underperforming and in a position we have good cover for I'd accept and spend the money elsewhere.

9719[/snapback]

The problem we have is, would we actually see any of that money spent?

If somebody offereed £10million for a player who wants away, underperforming and in a position we have good cover for I'd accept and spend the money elsewhere.

9719[/snapback]

9724[/snapback]

Exactly, and even if FFS gave Souness the cash, who the hell are we going to get?

9719[/snapback]

9724[/snapback]

Exactly, and even if FFS gave Souness the cash, who the hell are we going to get?

9728[/snapback]

Michael Owen :drinks:

9719[/snapback]

9724[/snapback]

yep, we'd see the money, we always do, it just gets wasted.

This time it will be on Anelkas fee and wages, then we sell him for another loss when he sulks later.

Or Viduka, or Kanoute. Both shite.

Edited by LeazesMag

On the BBC, not sure if it has already been posted

Tottenham are remaining tight-lipped on reports they are favourites to land Newcastle midfielder Jermaine Jenas.

Talks are reported to be on-going between the clubs for the unsettled 22-year-old England international.

Spurs have had two bids rejected by Newcastle, who are believed to have dropped their original £20m asking price to £13m.

A Tottenham spokesman said: "We're aware of the reports but we have no comment to make on them."

Newcastle boss Graeme Souness is resigned to losing Jenas after describing the midfielder's unsettled situation at St James Park as "like living in a goldfish bowl".

Souness admitted Spurs initial bid of £8m had been rejected, while a second bid of £10m was also reportedly turned down.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger was initially scared off by Newcastle's £20m asking price but may be encouraged to rekindle his interest by hints the Magpies are prepared to lower their demands.

Tottenham are reportedly prepared to offer striker Frederic Kanoute in part- exchange, but Souness would prefer cash.

If Spurs land Jenas, it would increase boss Martin Jol's options in a strong midfield.

Jol is keen to partner recent acquisition, Dutch international Edgar Davids with England international Michael Carrick in the centre of Spurs midfield.

If we sell him and don't use the cash, then it would confirm to me that our ambitions are for mid table mediocrity!