Howe's Bargain Hunt Losers v Bielsa P-Coy Pussies

wykikitoon

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

I know it’s only two games in but I don’t think wood is capable of playing up front in a 4-3-3 on this evidence. Or at least, not with these players alongside him. He’s crying out for another body in there running off him. 

You’re spot on.He’s a target man,as was Wyn Davies.Get someone up alongside him,get balls into the box,and we could get a win today.

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

We could still get a win here. Grown into it a bit and mercifully avoided conceding. 

Yeah, first 15-20 I was thinking we were in for a horrible afternoon but we could still nick it. Shame Joelinton’s gone off because a shot off his backside was probably our best chance of a goal. 

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

We could still get a win here. Grown into it a bit and mercifully avoided conceding. 

Have you forgotten how excellent we are at second halves?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

You’re spot on.He’s a target man,as was Wyn Davies.Get someone up alongside him,get balls into the box,and we could get a win today.

I reckon we've probably had one or two others in the last 50 years.

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

We need to take the bull by the horn soon. Willock off Gayle on.

Give them 15 to 20 first and possibly shift Longstaff for Gayle if Willock is still running.

1 minute ago, Isegrim said:

Our players do get frightened as soon as they get the ball. I can’t remember having seen a team as much bereft of confidence. They just should take notice from Leeds how to play through balls and try to get players into positions.

I wonder how long it will take Trippier to assimilate.

It’s nowt to do with a lack of confidence.Willock strolling the first 45 mins was down to not giving a fuck.Trippy and Dummy are standing too far off their men,especially Dummy.We don’t have a half decent holding midfield player in the squad.We’re being overrun even when we’re back in numbers.

Gayle, Miggy, ASM, Willock - i don't care which one of them because they've all got legs. We've got to get one of them higher up the pitch through the middle. Wood is crying out for someone with a bit of energy in and around him. There is little point playing him otherwise. 

i did like how tripper found him with one direct ball which was the spingboard to one of our first half attacks. it's not rocket science when you've got a number 9 like that. 

• Like 1

Why does he bring Longstaff on? What the fuck does he bring to the team? I know the other options are also poor but he’s absolutely abysmal. Bring Almiron on and play him closer behind Wood, try something new man we can’t just keep playing the same CM and expect something to be different. 

• Like 2

Just now, essembeeofsunderland said:

It’s nowt to do with a lack of confidence.Willock strolling the first 45 mins was down to not giving a fuck.Trippy and Dummy are standing too far off their men,especially Dummy.We don’t have a half decent holding midfield player in the squad.We’re being overrun even when we’re back in numbers.

I wasn’t on about our lack of positional awareness. But even Willock not giving a fuck would be different if he was brimming of confidence.

My main concern is about our handling of the ball when wecare in possession. Players are dangling on the ball because they are unsure what to do with it. They are frightened to take any risks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Loads,mostly shite.Mavis,Rob McDonald,Rafferty,Whitehurst,Cunningham,Pingle,Kenny Mitchell.

Warmer. The ones of those still alive that is.

7 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

sub the sub - always good craic :lol:

It's just that the beep test for Longstaff is checking whether he has a pulse.

1 minute ago, Isegrim said:

I wasn’t on about our lack of positional awareness. But even Willock not giving a fuck would be different if he was brimming of confidence.

My main concern is about our handling of the ball when wecare in possession. Players are dangling on the ball because they are unsure what to do with it. They are frightened to take any risks.

Not running,tackling,heading has nowt to do with a lack of confidence.Willock has done none of them,and hasn’t this season.A player not wanting the ball could be down to a lack of confidence.
Apart from Shelvey and ASM,we don’t have anyone with ability on the ball.Shelvey gets more stick than anyone,but he still makes himself available to receive the ball,and usually finds a teammate whe he releases it.