Who Wykiki Hates and Why

2 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I was there on the touchline, they went through him a few times and he did get booked for diving when today it would've been a red studs down his leg. Fucking disgraceful ref and you had to laugh when the Arsenal fans of Wenger's era used to cry about protection for their players against Stoke etc. I'm guessing some of them weren't around a few years earlier?

The other thing about that is even under Wenger they were dirty cunts (and not just the old guard) and had an appalling disciplinary record. 

• Like 1

Just now, Alex said:

The other thing about that is even under Wenger they were dirty cunts (and not just the old guard) and had an appalling disciplinary record. 

Definitely. Bergkamp was an absolute cunt and sly with it. Vieira in games against us had the old five foul rule before being in danger of a booking whereas most of ours had a zero tolerance yellow from the off.

• Like 1

One of Bobby's best ever quotes was after we beat them 3-1 and Arsenal lost their collective shit - "Some people need to learn how to lose" - classic. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Definitely. Bergkamp was an absolute cunt and sly with it. Vieira in games against us had the old five foul rule before being in danger of a booking whereas most of ours had a zero tolerance yellow from the off.

Worst tackle I've ever seen was a Bergkamp two footed one on that Frank Dumas we had. 

I also remember Wenger whinging about the pen that ended their unbeaten run not mentioning the run started with a point gained from a typical Pires dive. 

Never mind Wykiki we should have team grudge threads. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NJS said:

A bit amateurish there - Dixon should be hated for the league cup quarter final against Arsenal where he and Winterburn kicked fuck out of Ginola with the blessing of a cunt of a ref until Ginola snapped and was sent off for elbowing Dixon. 

Gérard Ashby was the ref - dead cunt thankfully. 

(A proper grudge holder). 

The beginning of the end of Ginola with us. We saw flashes of brilliance after that, but it was never the same level of flair as before. Was rumoured to shout "the just won’t let me play!" towards the bench as he went down the tunnel. Dixon meanwhile was smirking on the pitch, the fucking cunt.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Ginola also had his head turned by Barca and Keegan wouldn't let him go iirc

Yeah I do remember that now you come to mention it. Summer of 1996 wasn’t it?