How Far Would You Go

David Kelly

To get us a new striker(s)?

Owen looks like a non starter, Viduka we don't want and the paedo's say we can't have, LBM is looking less likely (I don't really consider him a striker anyway) and Fener's boss is saying we would have to pay Anelka's buy out fee.

So to what lengths should we go to get someone in?

For my money we up shit creak with the strikers we have (even with Dyer back in who I believe will make a difference when he plays).

If it comes to it I think we will have to bite the bullet and pay whatever it takes to get someone like Anelka becuase any potential financial problems we could possibly face by spending so much would be far less than the problems that relegation would cause.

And without some new strikers it is certainly a possibility.

Word is Defoe might be leaving Spurs. Not sure how reliable that is because it's coming from Spurs fans, but he'd be worth swap deal + cash surely?

Pandiani has just signed for Brum, otherwise he would have been a good signing IMO.

Word is Defoe might be leaving Spurs. Not sure how reliable that is because it's coming from Spurs fans, but he'd be worth swap deal + cash surely?

Pandiani has just signed for Brum, otherwise he would have been a good signing IMO.

7881[/snapback]

if we can't get boa morte and anelka i think we should try for van der myde and saviola

7881[/snapback]

if we can't get boa morte and anelka i think we should try for van der myde and saviola

7888[/snapback]

Shouldn't we be trying for Saviola first? Or Nihat?

If we don't get goal scorers in we are fucked simple as that.

Shearer is a year older than last season and didn't score enough in the prem, Shola won't score enough, Chopra is very unlikely to and Dyer will get injured.

To add to that our current batch of midfielders apart from Bowyer average about 2 goals a season so they won't bail the strikers out.

Its just unbelivably piss poor management from Souness and Shepherd to have us in this state this close to the season.

I mean to me its obvious that goals win matches, and since we didn't score enough last season my plan would be keep the few who did score, or look like scoring goals (Bellamy, Kluivert, Robert, Ambrose) and bring in more players who score!!!

But his plan is dump the players who score, bring in more who don't score (much though i rate Emre and Parker they are not goals scorers), rely on strikers who won't get enough and build your team round Dyer who never lasts a whole season...the man is a genius!

If we don't get goal scorers in we are fucked simple as that.

Shearer is a year older than last season and didn't score enough in the prem, Shola won't score enough, Chopra is very unlikely to and Dyer will get injured.

To add to that our current batch of midfielders apart from Bowyer average about 2 goals a season so they won't bail the strikers out.

Its just unbelivably piss poor management from Souness and Shepherd to have us in this state this close to the season.

I mean to me its obvious that goals win matches, and since we didn't score enough last season my plan would be keep the few who did score, or look like scoring goals (Bellamy, Kluivert, Robert, Ambrose) and bring in more players who score!!!

But his plan is dump the players who score, bring in more who don't score (much though i rate Emre and Parker they are not goals scorers), rely on strikers who won't get enough and build your team round Dyer who never lasts a whole season...the man is a genius!

7907[/snapback]

how are we in the situation we are in having spent the money and bought the players we have done in the last decade ?

We have bought too much shite, basically, and sold players we shouldn't, sounds fairly easy but it's true and the current manager has eclipsed all the efforts of his 3 prececessors.

We need a goalscorer badly, but it doesn't help when they shove players out that they shouldn't ! Especially for less than their value. I would love us to get Defoe, but can't see it somehow. When we had Keegan, it was the only time that I felt the clubs money was spent well, and the sales were good ones for football reasons and nothing else.

At this moment in time I would have Keane as part of any deal for Jenas. I can't believe Souness' quotes about 'not the kind of player we're looking for'. Anyone shit of a stick who's half decent should be played with either Shearer or Shola, partnering either of them with someone like Viduka scares the bejeeus out of me.