Football Manager 24

Dazzler

Anyone played it yet? It was released on game pass yesterday but I am still enjoying FM23 and thought it best to wait until any bugs have been identified and removed before I switch over.

14 hours ago, Andrew said:

I havent yet. since they ditched FM Touch I've not been that fussed, I think the more recent full fat versions have been a bit disappointing

Isn't it available through Netflix ?

21 hours ago, The Fish said:

Isn't it available through Netflix ?

FM Mobile is but it's not as detailed or in-depth as FM Touch I think. I think Touch is similar to the console version of the game (which is shite).

On 07/11/2023 at 23:16, Andrew said:

I havent yet. since they ditched FM Touch I've not been that fussed, I think the more recent full fat versions have been a bit disappointing

I think they've gone the FIFA route in recent years, in that they've made very slight tweaks to things rather than big improvements. Apparently the tactics are more detailed this year, and the 3D game engine is improved too but the game is allegedly getting a full revamp next year.

I played for about half an hour before packing in. It's too much like having a job. As soon as it was asking me to come up with all the different set pieces and stuff, I played two pre season friendlies and binned it.

It’s the best full fat FM in years. Played the beta as us and it was fun. The engine makes more sense and transfers are a lot better than previous versions (haven’t had the AI bid 5 million for my star striker for example).

There is a bit needs doing with the Saudi clubs mind, one of them bought Kimmich from Bayern for £204 million and put him on £2million a week!

Just got Chester out of the vanarama north and top of the national in my current save.

I always leave training and set pieces and that  to my staff cos it’s a fart on

• Like 1

6 hours ago, strawb said:

It’s the best full fat FM in years. Played the beta as us and it was fun. The engine makes more sense and transfers are a lot better than previous versions (haven’t had the AI bid 5 million for my star striker for example).

There is a bit needs doing with the Saudi clubs mind, one of them bought Kimmich from Bayern for £204 million and put him on £2million a week!

Just got Chester out of the vanarama north and top of the national in my current save.

I always leave training and set pieces and that  to my staff cos it’s a fart on

Aye, I do that too. Just make sure your assistant has high tactical knowledge and you're gold.

I tend to manage the individual training for the entire club though so I can make sure the regens become world beaters.

• 2 weeks later...

Hard to say so far tbh. I haven't really noticed a massive difference from prior years in terms of general game play. The updated database and list of wonderkids etc is canny but you could probably find an updated db for FM21 with all that on anyways and save a few quid.

I think the AI cottons on to your tactics a lot faster in the latest version. Once upon a time I'd only need to tweak the tactics every 9 months or so in older FM games. Now I feel like I need to get actual coaching badges to play the fucker because my tactics are sussed every 3 months.

Save to say I sacked off my Newcastle save despite having a best XI of:

GK Diego Costa

RB Livramento (who becomes a beast if you play him enough)

CB Diomande

CB Botman

LB DiMarco

CDM Bruno

CM Tonali

CM Joelinton

RW Raphinha

CF Osimhen

LW Musiala

^This team, despite my tactics that won the domestic cup double, and got to the final of the champions league was suddenly drawing at home to newly promoted Luton (who were in administration and had those literal greyed out, shite players you can't sign making up squad numbers). I lost the dressing room because I couldn't pick one foreign player for the champions league squad, and the cunts downed tools.

I booted up a new game as England manager, and have a 100% win record so far with those same tactics. I'm going to let Howe do his thing for a bit and when he gets pied off I'll swoop in, like a Geordie white knight and lead them back to the promised land of mid-table mediocrity.

• Like 1