Uswitch

Gemmill

Just been looking there and I can save about £300 a year by switching my gas and electric, home phone and broadband provider, according to the good people at USwitch. If you haven't heard of it, they work out what you're currently paying, and what the better tariffs and suppliers are, and handle the switch-over themselves by linking you into the suppliers.

Just wondering if there are any hidden hassles?

www.uswitch.com if you're interested.

Just been looking there and I can save about £300 a year by switching my gas and electric, home phone and broadband provider, according to the good people at USwitch.  If you haven't heard of it, they work out what you're currently paying, and what the better tariffs and suppliers are, and handle the switch-over themselves by linking you into the suppliers.

106939[/snapback]

Are you sure they're not just changing it to a supplier that hasn't raised it's tariffs quite yet?

Just been looking there and I can save about £300 a year by switching my gas and electric, home phone and broadband provider, according to the good people at USwitch.  If you haven't heard of it, they work out what you're currently paying, and what the better tariffs and suppliers are, and handle the switch-over themselves by linking you into the suppliers.

106939[/snapback]

Are you sure they're not just changing it to a supplier that hasn't raised it's tariffs quite yet?

106941[/snapback]

Don't think so - assume you're referring to gas and electric? Only £100 of the savings is from gas and electric - another £100 on the phone and same on the broadband.

I know I'm getting ripped off on broadband cos I'm with BT. It recommends I go with Toucan, although I'm sure these are the Indian muppets that ring me up constantly.

If you've got broadband you could probably save yourself £300 a year just by using a netphone. Plus, if you're happy with the service provided is it really worth risking even a slight degradation for 25 quid a month? No, I do not work for BT. ;)

106939[/snapback]

106941[/snapback]

Don't think so - assume you're referring to gas and electric? Only £100 of the savings is from gas and electric - another £100 on the phone and same on the broadband.

I know I'm getting ripped off on broadband cos I'm with BT. It recommends I go with Toucan, although I'm sure these are the Indian muppets that ring me up constantly.

106944[/snapback]

I was refering to the gas and leccy. I was going off something I heard from Martin Lewis on Radio 2 the other day, saying that it's probably better to stick with your current supplier until they've all raised their tariffs. Also said to definitely move away from local suppliers and British Gas for gas.

For more info, check Lewis' website

106939[/snapback]

106941[/snapback]

106944[/snapback]

I was refering to the gas and leccy. I was going off something I heard from Martin Lewis on Radio 2 the other day, saying that it's probably better to stick with your current supplier until they've all raised their tariffs. Also said to definitely move away from local suppliers and British Gas for gas.

For more info, check Lewis' website

106951[/snapback]

I'm signed up to his email mate. ;) His advice as of today is it's now time to switch. I've been meaning to look for a while and that's what got me looking into it.

Aye true, I've used Skype in the past and it's always worked fine.  Do you have to sit like a gimp next to the computer though?

106952[/snapback]

a look i reckon you could pull off ;)

106955[/snapback]

DOCTOR DOCTOR!!!! FOX!

:jester:

Aye true, I've used Skype in the past and it's always worked fine.  Do you have to sit like a gimp next to the computer though?

106952[/snapback]

You can buy a box to connect your own phone to it, or a special netphone, you could even get one of those wireless headsets, hands-free gimp.

106952[/snapback]

You can buy a box to connect your own phone to it, or a special netphone, you could even get one of those wireless headsets, hands-free gimp.

106959[/snapback]

Like Madonna? I could combine chatting with voguing?

106952[/snapback]

106959[/snapback]

106960[/snapback]

I thought you didn't dance ;)

106952[/snapback]

106959[/snapback]

106960[/snapback]

106961[/snapback]

Voguing is art. Especially when I do it. :jester:

106952[/snapback]

106959[/snapback]

106960[/snapback]

106961[/snapback]

106962[/snapback]

Probably more Geri Halliwell though

106952[/snapback]

106959[/snapback]

106960[/snapback]

106961[/snapback]

106962[/snapback]

106967[/snapback]

Don't be taken in by the ginger talk. I'm a (strawberry) blond bombshell tbh.

106952[/snapback]

106959[/snapback]

106960[/snapback]

106961[/snapback]

106962[/snapback]

106967[/snapback]

Don't be taken in by the ginger talk. I'm a (strawberry) blond bombshell tbh.

106968[/snapback]

With traffic cone breasts?

This I gotta see

Had a look at Uswitch and changed my leccy and gas to Sweb.

It reckons I should save about £25 a month!

Cheers!

:o

The scruffy fuckers who don't get washed in the morning should get a water meter in and save money on all those baths they don't get.

Edited by Sicklee Sausage Roll

The scruffy fuckers who don't get washed in the morning should get a water meter in and save money on all those baths they don't get.

107327[/snapback]

A water meter? The stinky-night-beforers don't need an excuse not to wash- they positively revel in their filth.

Funny this thread should have been started....

Got my Gas bill through from British Gas this week. I say bill, it's merely a statement as I pay a set amount each month.

The bill was simple enough - a great big Your balance is in credit by £15.88 and when I turn over to see my payment history, I note that I've paid a steady £26.50 each month and claims that on my previous bill 3 months ago, I was in credit by £45.25. Apply the logic that you use more in the winter months than in the summer, I was delighted to know that I was still in credit at this time of the year, albeit £30 down.

So what I'd love to know is that when I read the small print below my current balance, do I see the following:

Payment change

We've reviewed your account to make sure your payments are right for the amount of gas you use. Based on your gas usage over the last year, your monthly payment will change to £43.50 from 22 March 2006. This includes VAT at 5%. We'll arrange this. You don't have to do a thing. We continue to meet your expectations for value and service. Thank you for choosing British Gas.

Right now for starters, I'm well aware of their massive price-hike that hit the press a couple of months back but it says there in black and white that they've based this on my 'gas usage over the last year'. My fucking account has always been in credit so how the fuck are they justifying a £17 a month (£204 a year) increase based on my usage?!?!?! That's a 64% increase FFS!!!

And I love the 'we'll arrange this, you don't have to do a thing.' What they mean is, unless you do do a thing, we'll be robbing you blind!! And as for meeting my expectations for value and service, are they trying to fucking patronise me??

Piss off British Gas, I shall be ringing you tomorrow to have a rant and inform you that, as a result of using the uswitch.com website this evening, I'll be an N-Power or Scottish Power customer by end of play tomorrow! :o

106952[/snapback]

106959[/snapback]

Is that the model with the pool ball that fits in your mouth :o

"I was refering to the gas and leccy. I was going off something I heard from Martin Lewis on Radio 2 the other day, saying that it's probably better to stick with your current supplier until they've all raised their tariffs. Also said to definitely move away from local suppliers and British Gas for gas."

If you can accurately predict gas prices for the next few months you can earn so much you won't have to worry about a few hundred quid here and there

The market is all over the place and looks like it'll stay like that for at least 12 -36 months until we develope some gas storage faciliities in the UK

"I was refering to the gas and leccy. I was going off something I heard from Martin Lewis on Radio 2 the other day, saying that it's probably better to stick with your current supplier until they've all raised their tariffs. Also said to definitely move away from local suppliers and British Gas for gas."

If you can accurately predict gas prices for the next few months you can earn  so much you won't have to worry about a few hundred quid here and there

The market is all over the place and looks like it'll stay like that for at least 12 -36 months until we develope some gas storage faciliities in the UK

107793[/snapback]

Quite a range there Rob.