Planet Earth

Smooth Operator

Cracking series, watched last weeks with wor lasses bairn, she loves animals so I took her to the library the next day to get a book about animals out. So we get one out and are flicking through it at home, she finds a picture of a bear holding a deer and turns ans says to me"Ah look the bear's hugging the deer, that's so cute!". :lol:

I replied, "Yes he's just giving it a cuddle before dinnertime".

so far it's been awesome.

one of the few things that my entire house will happily sit down and watch.it's become a bit of a routine, Make a sunday roast, eat that at 8, do the washing up then pile into the front room to watch Planet Earth, Father Ted, MotD2, American Dad and Family guy, then Wait for West Wing to start at 12.15

the camera work is just astounding, and although the footgae wasn't as spectacular this week as is has been, the audio tracks were remarkable. The playful Grizzly theme had us chuckling, and the slow motion Nile Croc attack with full string section was breath-taking.

I also enjoy the "Planet Earth Diaries" as it gives an insight into the making of such spectacular tv.

I've not watched any of it.  What makes it any better than Discovery Animal Planet?

111036[/snapback]

It's not a reality show about American vets.

I've not watched any of it.  What makes it any better than Discovery Animal Planet?

I might utilise Teleport Replay for the first time the neet.

111036[/snapback]

It isn't on there yet, well not all of the series from the start.

111036[/snapback]

111081[/snapback]

Aye it only had the cave one from last night. After watching that one I've got Torrentspy on the case for the first 2. Cheers for the suggestion, I'd not bothered with it because I'm not normally a fan of this kind of thing, but Jesus, it's class innit. Supermans fortress of solitude was amazing.

111036[/snapback]

111081[/snapback]

Aye it only had the cave one from last night. After watching that one I've got Torrentspy on the case for the first 2. Cheers for the suggestion, I'd not bothered with it because I'm not normally a fan of this kind of thing, but Jesus, it's class innit. Supermans fortress of solitude was amazing.

111086[/snapback]

Teleport only records the previous week of BBC programs, then deletes them. Still useful for catching up on things like this though.

There has been 4 to date

Pole to Pole

Mountains

Rivers

Caves

111124[/snapback]

I'm eagerly anticipating the forthcoming episodes Crevices & Orifices.

111211[/snapback]

That was last weeks.

Its incredible what they do and film, but Attenbrough really does bore the absolute bollocks off me.

111758[/snapback]

Who else has got the gravitas to carry it off?

112112[/snapback]

Michela Strachan.

Its incredible what they do and film, but Attenbrough really does bore the absolute bollocks off me.

111758[/snapback]

112112[/snapback]

Michela Strachan.

112117[/snapback]

David Bellamy

111758[/snapback]

112112[/snapback]

Michela Strachan.

112117[/snapback]

David Bellamy

112187[/snapback]

Baldrick