Diet Cherry Coke

Gemmill

Normal Cherry Coke is nice, but the diet stuff is foul.

I can remember being in primary school and there were some cases of kids with worms, so we all had this anti-worm stuff, which was a powder that you added to water and drank. It was supposed to be a cherry flavoured drink and it smelt and tasted revolting.

A few weeks ago I bought some Diet Cherry Coke for the first (and last time) and the smell was exactly the same.

It didn't taste as bad, but it still didn't taste that great.

I'm looking forward to trying this. I can't drink anything full-fat now as it just feels like swallowing spoons of sugar. Unfortunately the aspartame that they use in diet drinks isn't overly good for you but they're infinitely more palatable :lol:

Got a mate who's addicted to that, i think i've got an addiction to Diet Coke, seem to drink about 3 litres per day

112433[/snapback]

My old boss went through about 8 cans a day. Every few days he would go down to the shop at the bottom of our building and buy a new 24 pack. I knew when he came in in the morning because the first thing I heard was the sound of a can of diet coke being opened.

My old boss went through about 8 cans a day.  Every few days he would go down to the shop at the bottom of our building and buy a new 24 pack.  I knew when he came in in the morning because the first thing I heard was the sound of a can of diet coke being opened.

112460[/snapback]

Not only can you hear the can being opened, but recognise the distinctive sound of a Diet Coke? You truly are an expert in your field.

Got a mate who's addicted to that, i think i've got an addiction to Diet Coke, seem to drink about 3 litres per day

112433[/snapback]

My old boss went through about 8 cans a day. Every few days he would go down to the shop at the bottom of our building and buy a new 24 pack. I knew when he came in in the morning because the first thing I heard was the sound of a can of diet coke being opened.

112460[/snapback]

Why didn't he just buy a bottle?

My old boss went through about 8 cans a day.  Every few days he would go down to the shop at the bottom of our building and buy a new 24 pack.  I knew when he came in in the morning because the first thing I heard was the sound of a can of diet coke being opened.

112460[/snapback]

Not only can you hear the can being opened, but recognise the distinctive sound of a Diet Coke? You truly are an expert in your field.

112462[/snapback]

Up yours! :lol: And you, McGroin! :razz:

I had a mate who's nickname was: "Fat cherry coke pie eating kebab man" because he would eat pies and kebabs and wash them down with diet cherry coke. He used to wear bright orange and lime green Adidas jumpers which made him stand out a mile, funny lad. Took it all in good spirit.

You can't beat my mums cola, lemonade, orangeade...

10 pence a can, we used to bang them against the old railings so it put a little hole in them and we drank them that way instead of popping the ring pull.

:lol:

Fuck me when them were on sale a quid would get me to and from my mates, a can of pop and a bag of midget gems, that was 1990. Now it's half a quid for a can of pop.

Greedy bastids.

They used to sell some awful stuff when I was a kid. Anyone remember Panda Pop? The cola was much sweeter than Pepsi or Coke, they did Bubble Gum and Blue Rasberry. Just thinking back they must have been pure sugar and E numbers.