Scott Parkers Performance v Spurs was ...

Ugly Mackems

Parker is very overrated, he's got loads of passion and will chase anything but he should be no where near the Ingurlund set up. He's simply not good enough. Maybe if he got over halfway, didn't turn on the ball at every opportunity and didn't spend most of the game running about like a headless chicken he'd have a chance.

If Bowyer can play like that every week then I see no reason why Parker should get his place back but lets remember that's the first good performance he's put in for a long, long time.

Parker is very overrated, he's got loads of passion and will chase anything but he should be no where near the Ingurlund set up. He's simply not good enough. Maybe if he got over halfway, didn't turn on the ball at every opportunity and didn't spend most of the game running about like a headless chicken he'd have a chance.

If Bowyer can play like that every week then I see no reason why Parker should get his place back but lets remember that's the first good performance he's put in for a long, long time.

113901[/snapback]

Very harsh on Parker IMO. The tide of opinion seems to be turning against him for some reason. ;)

Fucking hell man, Parker's only played badly the last few games, starting with Man Utd. away when, as it turns out, he seems to have contracted glandular fever. Emre been shite a canny few times too, especially away from home.

113901[/snapback]

Bowyer has proved in his time here that he can't play like that every week.

I don't get the whole Parker is overrated because he doesn't do much attacking argument. He doesn't but that's not what he's there to do. The only problem is that Emre doesn't do it either and with the lack of pace and movement up front usually shown by Shearer and Shola we don't get enough players in the box.

If you change the set up (ie playing him with the likes of Bowyer or Dyer and/or having some movement up front) there is absolutely no need to have Parker bombing forward and he becomes increasingly important doing the job he does.

113901[/snapback]

Very harsh on Parker IMO. The tide of opinion seems to be turning against him for some reason. ;)

113910[/snapback]

Never turned tbh, I was always of this opinion but me being the coward I am kept quiet when he was the best thing since sliced Hovis.

113901[/snapback]

Bowyer has proved in his time here that he can't play like that every week.

I don't get the whole Parker is overrated because he doesn't do much attacking argument. He doesn't but that's not what he's there to do. The only problem is that Emre doesn't do it either and with the lack of pace and movement up front usually shown by Shearer and Shola we don't get enough players in the box.

If you change the set up (ie playing him with the likes of Bowyer or Dyer and/or having some movement up front) there is absolutely no need to have Parker bombing forward and he becomes increasingly important doing the job he does.

113914[/snapback]

I don't get the whole that's not what he's there to do argument. The 'holding role' is bollocks, he's not even playing the holding role, he's practically a fifth defender. People kept telling me we had bought this brilliant box to box midfeilder when in actual fact we've bought someone who tackles, turns and passes it back the opposition. He's not bad at the job that he does but I just don't think the job that he does is an important one. Bring back Speedo tbh.

What's far more significant to me is that Moore did very well up against Mido who is big and strong, whereas Boumsong would have been shitting himself.

What's far more significant to me is that Moore did very well up against Mido who is big and strong, whereas Boumsong would have been shitting himself.

113922[/snapback]

Boumsong seems to fall into the category of athlete rather than footballer. He could run all day but watching him go near a ball is like watching Superman go near Kryptonite.

Long distance runner tbh, not musuclar enough to be a sprinter ;)

113927[/snapback]

Like a black, french Paula Radcliffe. Part of you wants him to do well but the other secretly laughs when he drops a bollock (unless it leads to a goal).

See for me our biggest problem when Speed was here (other than the fact that he couldn't pass a ball in his last season and a half) was that all our midfielders just bombed forwards all the time and no one took the responsibility to sit.

We might have looked more attractive back then but it cost us points.

See for me our biggest problem when Speed was here (other than the fact that he couldn't pass a ball in his last season and a half) was that all our midfielders just bombed forwards all the time and no one took the responsibility to sit.

We might have looked more attractive back then but it cost us points.

113931[/snapback]

Can't blame all that on our midfield though as our defence was a shambles unless Woodgate was playing.

Well, I suppose Supermac will be creaming himself and doing a very similar 'told you so' speech tonight. Like others have said, I thought our back four, especially the two CBs, looked very composed on Saturday and read the game well. Keane and Mido aren't exactly average.

Long distance runner tbh, not musuclar enough to be a sprinter ;)

113927[/snapback]

Like a black, french Paula Radcliffe. Part of you wants him to do well but the other secretly laughs when he drops a bollock (unless it leads to a goal).

113929[/snapback]

Tantamount to accusing him of steroid abuse on here

Well, I suppose Supermac will be creaming himself and doing a very similar 'told you so' speech tonight. Like others have said, I thought our back four, especially the two CBs, looked very composed on Saturday and read the game well. Keane and Mido aren't exactly average.

113938[/snapback]

I thought both teams looked like scoring every time they went forward early on. Moore was diving in too much and Rammage looked a little unsure. As the game went on though they became much more composed and Spurs never looked like scoring apart from when Elliott was playing Jenas in.

Apart from his fuck-up, which he was lucky to get away with, I thought Elliott played well. He's done well ever since he came on against Villa, apart from Man Utd away. But, as the bloke behind me said, in an uncharacteristic moment of clarity, he's honest but he wasn't good enough for us about 4 years ago.

Apart from his fuck-up, which he was lucky to get away with, I thought Elliott played well. He's done well ever since he came on against Villa, apart from Man Utd away. But, as the bloke behind me said, in an uncharacteristic moment of clarity, he's honest but he wasn't good enough for us about 4 years ago.

113949[/snapback]

I think Elliott himself will admit he's not good enough aswell, but we've really got no-one else.