Scott Parkers Performance v Spurs was ...

Ugly Mackems

..not missed one iota.

Bowyers best game in a long time but showed up thoroughly why Parker has no place at the Club. (Harsh, yes. but fair also!)

The back 4 who with a following wind you would class as ordinary at best, proved that without the French Imbecile a decent performance isn't beyond them.

Good game all round though - the Jenas missed sitter was as good as a 4th goal.

parker has no place at the club. are you serious or do you just say things to get a rise?

hes played with more heart and effort than anyone else at the club this season, and i include given and shearer in that.

hes the best player in his position in the country along with makelele and you want him to leave.

get real.

ps. bowyer had 1 good game for probably the first time this season and youre bumming him already. talk about fickle!

Brilliant performance by Bowyer today. The balance and creativity in midfield was probably the best it has been all season, especially in the first 45 mins.

I still rate Parker very much and see him as a vital player for us next season (maybe captain?). Would love to see him in a 4-3-3 formation in the Makelele-role - think he would do much better there.

That miss from Jenas was awesome ;) He’s still a useless little cunt.

parker has no place at the club. are you serious or do you just say things to get a rise?

hes played with more heart and effort than anyone else at the club this season, and i include given and shearer in that.

hes the best player in his position in the country along with makelele and you want him to leave.

get real.

ps. bowyer had 1 good game for probably the first time this season and youre bumming him already. talk about fickle!

113292[/snapback]

Utter fucking rubbish tbh.

Bowyer might have been excellent today, but that doesn't cover up the fact that he's nothing more than an average to good player. Parker is quality, and while I think he might be better suited in a 3 man midfield you can't ignore his consistently mint performances this year.

I've always rated Bowyer but to say get rid of Parker is something I'd expect from a top shelf Knob Jockey who's clueless, not you UM.

UM is Supermac in disguise

113314[/snapback]

The day he signed I posted a thread called "Scott Parker - waste of money!"

Though I thought the transfer fee was about par for the course I thought the fee + wage was extartionate. He'll cost the Club something approaching £20m over the duration of his 5yr(?) contract.

I couldn't see what he could bring to the team to be of £20m value - and I still can't.

Similar when Emre signed - I suggested his goal scoring record for his previous 3/4 season left a lot to be desired for what we all think of as an attacking and creative midfielder.

Perhaps Roeders assertation last week regarding the Club doing their homework on players before shelling out the multi-millions is quite an accurate one.

name better then. hes a fucking class player.

113308[/snapback]

Carrick and Nolan for starters.

113325[/snapback]

Since when has Nolan been a defensive midfielder ;)

Bowyer had a great game today but somehow I reckon Parker would have as well, everybody played out of their skin and were all 150% better than their last one.

Ive supported Bowyer from the start and today epitomised the reasoning but overall its his last season for us, hes not of the class we need and Parker I feel is a definite step in the right direction.

Bowyer had a great game today but somehow I reckon Parker would have as well, everybody played out of their skin and were all 150% better than their last one.

Ive supported Bowyer from the start and today epitomised the reasoning but overall its his last season for us, hes not of the class we need and Parker I feel is a definite step in the right direction.

113334[/snapback]

Do you think Parker would have got onto the end of the first goal? Do you think he would've been running into the box to win the penalty?

I couldn't see it.

Looking at the Spurs midfield pairing I'd say we were better off going with two attack minded midfielders, neither of them are likely to brake forward and score so a defensive midfielder would be wasted in todays game.

Saying that there will be matches when a Emre/Bowyer partnership would be ripped to pieces.

113334[/snapback]

Do you think Parker would have got onto the end of the first goal? Do you think he would've been running into the box to win the penalty?

I couldn't see it.

113335[/snapback]

No he wouldn't, but they're a different type of player. I like Bowyer and I like the way he plays - box to box, chases down lost causes, tracks back and puts the boot in when it's needed, but I like Parker an'all. I wonder how long Parker's been playing with this glandular fever as well as it sounds like he's been under the weather for a while, and he's looked a bit off the pace in games recently too.

I totally disagree with the criticism of Parker, he has been outstanding this season, but what I would say is, that the style of game today suited Bowyer to a T, and he made it count with his goal and his overall productivity, Bowyer's biggest problem for me is that he lacks constancy, Parker on the other hand is a different kind of player to Bowyer but is far more reliable week after week than Bowyer.

113334[/snapback]

I couldn't see it.

113335[/snapback]

No he wouldn't, but they're a different type of player. I like Bowyer and I like the way he plays - box to box, chases down lost causes, tracks back and puts the boot in when it's needed, but I like Parker an'all. I wonder how long Parker's been playing with this glandular fever as well as it sounds like he's been under the weather for a while, and he's looked a bit off the pace in games recently too.

113340[/snapback]

About a month according to Roeder.

I've always rated Bowyer but to say get rid of Parker is something I'd expect from a top shelf Knob Jockey who's clueless, not you UM.

UM is Supermac in disguise

113314[/snapback]

The day he signed I posted a thread called "Scott Parker - waste of money!"

113322[/snapback]

Which is exactly the reason you're desperate for him to fail. So you can do the old "look, told you so, I'm skill" shite that you usually do.

How's the driving going by the way Alan?

Parker has been our best player this seaon - fact. Bowyer has been shite in pretty much every game but saturday.

What Saturday did show though was our need to get more players in the box and suggested that the Emre Parker midfield may not be our best way forward.