O'Neill takes job

Craig

From .COM.....

Calm yourselves now...no it's not that job and it's not that O'Neill....

Scottish Div one outfit Brechin City have confirmed that their new manager is former Magpies striker Michael O'Neill (pictured).

oneill-michael-brechin.jpg

The much-travelled ex-Northern Ireland international moves to Glebe Park from Cowdenbeath, where he had been assistant boss.

Now 36, O'Neill made over 50 appearances for us between 1987 and 1989, netting 16 goals in all competitions.

The highlight of his time in Toon was undoubtedly a hat trick against Luton in April 1988 (the 4-0 "Kenny, Kenny sit on the ball" game), part of a run when he scored in five successive Division One games for us.

After leaving United he went on to play for Middlesbrough (not first team) Dundee United, Hibernian, Coventry, Aberdeen, Reading, Wigan, St.Johnstone, Clydebank and Ayr United.

O'Neill is the second former Magpie currently managing North of the border along with John Robertson of Livingston - like Brechin, bottom of their league.

Fuck me, he's changed, if I hadn't read the story, I wouldn't have recognised him - what happened to the freaky perm? :lol:

Can't believe anyone falls for these 'Headlines'!! :lol:

When you see me post 'I FUCKIN' TOLD YOU SO!' you will know that we finally do have our new manager and Hiddink is in the seat - with, I might add, a press conference to follow ;)