BT Broadband Users

Gemmill

Just discovered this on N-O - cheers to The Order and Flintoff. Go to www.btbroadband.com find your package and click on "Upgrade" below it. Follow the steps and you'll get a free upgrade from 2mb to 8mb. ;)

Did mine earlier, but I rang up instead. The lass reckons I'll be on a minimum of 6.5meg. Just to rub it in like. ;)

It should go through on the 8th of May, so I'll pretty much be on auto-post from then on.

Guest StevieH84

btw its Laddo there is no I Comprende haha....

any how what gave you the idea i was on about

you like!!! may of been someone else..

btw its Laddo

129164[/snapback]

;):razz:

Coming up next on Toontastic TV: tips on abstinence from Smooth Operator, followed by Bridget's guide to the best bikiniwear for those summer nights in Ayia Napa!

this is the dslmax technology that has just been rolled out. the speed you get depends on how far you are from your exchange.

how much cabling does your exchange have inside it before 'your line' leaves the building ? 500m ?? 3 miles ?????

also, your telephone line doesnt exactly head in a straight line from the exchange to your house - it literally goes round the houses.

i'm 768 metres from the wallsend exchange but there could be 2.5 miles of cabling in between!

this is the dslmax technology that has just been rolled out. the speed you get depends on how far you are from your exchange. 

how much cabling does your exchange have inside it before 'your line' leaves the building ? 500m ??  3 miles ?????

also, your telephone line doesnt exactly head in a straight line from the exchange to your house - it literally goes round the houses.

i'm 768 metres from the wallsend exchange but there could be 2.5 miles of cabling in between!

129198[/snapback]

I'm at work at the minute, but when I get home I'll get the tape measure out. :razz:

Whatever happens, I'm on 2 meg at the minute with the same length of cabling I'll be on when I move to 8 meg, so chances are I'm gonna see an improvement. Now deal with it, boy! ;)

how much cabling does your exchange have inside it before 'your line' leaves the building ? 500m ??  3 miles ?????

129198[/snapback]

I'm at work at the minute, but when I get home I'll get the tape measure out. :razz:

Whatever happens, I'm on 2 meg at the minute with the same length of cabling I'll be on when I move to 8 meg, so chances are I'm gonna see an improvement. Now deal with it, boy! ;)

129200[/snapback]

tape measure my arse!

i bet its a little 6 inch plastic ruler :angry:

any way - http://www.samknows.com/broadband/index.php

if you search for your postcode then click on the bt adsl option it should tell you how far you are from the exchange and the potential speed of your connection.

a possible 6meg for moi :angry:

Found it:

According to BT Wholesale, your line should be able to support a 6Mbps or greater ADSL connection via ADSL Max.

I'm 747 metres from the exchange. Might shift my computer closer to the window.

Guest StevieH84

J69

It looks like i,m trying to get out of an error but i

put that I in for gemmills sake,but he didnt pick up

on it like you did,look further up the post where i said

about Laddo and the I,lol... thats gospel matey honest;)

Edited by StevieH84

J69

It looks like i,m trying to get out of an error but i

put that I in for gemmills sake,but he didnt pick up

on it like you did,look fither up the post where i said

about Laddo and the I,lol... thats gospel matey honest;)

129245[/snapback]

wrong thread ;)