Wii

Lazarus

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GC has been a let-down because the idiots at Nintendo basically gave up on it after a few months, not paying to release big multi-format titles.

My last nintendo console. Well my last console full stop.

Don't have time anymore. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Is it HD? At that price I'll have one just for the controller. I always remeber Nintendo consoles being the best fun to have a few games when friends are around. I find this whole 360 online nonsense a bit soulless, speaking of which - will this thing have an online service?

Edited by DotBum

Is it HD?  At that price I'll have one just for the controller.  I always remeber Nintendo consoles being the best fun to have a few games when friends are around.  I find this whole 360 online nonsense a bit soulless, speaking of which - will this thing have an online service?

141679[/snapback]

no HD but it will be in 480p. Online can be that until you start playing with a regular group of people. The Wii will have an online service too but I cant see it being as polished as Live (when its implemented well anyway). It does come with opera as a web browser, is wireless out the box and will remain online even when you turn it off.

You should download the video of the execs playing tennis at the E3 conference , looks funny as.

http://uk.media.revolution.ign.com/media/8...987/vids_1.html

no HD but it will be in 480p. Online can be that until you start playing with a regular group of people. The Wii will have an online service too but I cant see it being as polished as Live (when its implemented well anyway). It does come with opera as a web browser, is wireless out the box and will remain online even when you turn it off.

You should download the video of the execs playing tennis at the E3 conference , looks funny as.

141727[/snapback]

:( That looks excellent.

I'm not getting at Live, I think it's great - good for keeping in touch with mates around the world as well, but even when you've got a few in communicating in Battlefield or whatever it's not the same as a few beers/smokes and GoldenEye/SuperSmash. I may be too much of an old fogey but I still need the personal contact.

Do you play Battlefield at all? Once they iron out a few issues I'll play little else, I reckon - well that and the arcade.

EDIT: And 480's well good enough for the type of games Nintendo tend to release.

Edited by DotBum

141727[/snapback]

:( That looks excellent.

I'm not getting at Live, I think it's great - good for keeping in touch with mates around the world as well, but even when you've got a few in communicating in Battlefield or whatever it's not the same as a few beers/smokes and GoldenEye/SuperSmash. I may be too much of an old fogey but I still need the personal contact.

Do you play Battlefield at all? Once they iron out a few issues I'll play little else, I reckon - well that and the arcade.

141736[/snapback]

dont get me wrong I agree but theres a fair few of us that have been playing regularly together for a few years now and when the game gets the implementation right it can be almost as good.

BF is one of the worst though. I rarely find anyone who bothers communicating at all. We still play it now and again and I'd like to able to play it more if they could implement private games. We have a fair few members in a clan but theres never enough on at any one time to sort something out.

We sort of went back to COD2 with the new maps for a bit. I got the table tennis game yesterday and its great online, we'll be palying that a lot. Got addicted to Uno too. Spent over £2000 on equpiment and Im sat there playing a fricking card game!! Texas hold em should be out soon too.

been meaning to ask for a while, are you nia11?

Edited by luckypierre

dont get me wrong I agree but theres a fair few of us that have been playing regularly together for a few years now and when the game gets the implementation right it can be almost as good.

BF is one of the worst though. I rarely find anyone who bothers communicating at all. We still play it now and again and I'd like to able to play it more if they could implement private games. We have a fair few members in a clan but theres never enough on at any one time to sort something out.

We sort of went back to COD2 with the new maps for a bit. I got the table tennis game yesterday and its great online, we'll be palying that a lot. Got addicted to Uno too. Spent over £2000 on equpiment and Im sat there playing a fricking card game!! Texas hold em should be out soon too.

been meaning to ask for a while, are you're nia11?

141748[/snapback]

That's me, but don't tell anyone. :(

They need to patch BF - voice comms is one of the many issues - but if you take the bull by the horns (especially if you have a few on the team) and communicate, others will respond. I'll see very little of it once the World Cup starts so as long as it's patched for the end of July I'll be happy.

I have COD but I found it a little too claustrophobic - don't think I;ve touched it since I got BF. There's also alot of strategy with the c4, vehicles etc which I felt was missing from COD.

I know what you mean about the Arcade - I spend a thousand quid on a tv for this thing and I'm playing 80s arcade games.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Got one of these today. Its awesome. The graphics won't be a patch on ps3 or xbox 360, but the controller works brillaintly. takes some getting used to waving the remote around to attack rather then tap a button but its much more fun.

Got one of these today. Its awesome. The graphics won't be a patch on ps3 or xbox 360, but the controller works brillaintly. takes some getting used to waving the remote around to attack rather then tap a button but its much more fun.

How did you find wii sports to play? I'm getting a 360 soon, but i'm thinking of buying one of these aswell. I'd probably only play it by myself though. Would feel like a right plank pretending to box the computer screen infront of people ;)