Is Steven Taylor gay?

Parker is Michael Owen having been punched a few times tbh.

130614[/snapback]

Oh aye, I forgot about Owen. He's the only thing that'll get my fella to watch a game.

130620[/snapback]

Your bloke doesn't like football?! Is he some sort of hom??

130621[/snapback]

:blink:

He likes footballers, that's got to be worth something? <_<

130623[/snapback]

:huh:

I'd give you one.....I think. :wub:

130625[/snapback]

;)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

130614[/snapback]

Oh aye, I forgot about Owen. He's the only thing that'll get my fella to watch a game.

130620[/snapback]

130621[/snapback]

130623[/snapback]

130625[/snapback]

;)

130871[/snapback]

It's so thinly veiled these days it makes you cringe. The lad just needs to accept it.

130614[/snapback]

130620[/snapback]

130621[/snapback]

130623[/snapback]

130625[/snapback]

;)

130871[/snapback]

It's so thinly veiled these days it makes you cringe. The lad just needs to accept it.

130876[/snapback]

If it makes you cringe, you're not doing it right. :nufc:

• 8 years later...

We can but hope, he's one of the few of our lot with anything approaching good looks (albeit modelled on Frankenstein's monster - he's obviously been taking a leaf out of Woodgate's book). Though I suppose Scott Parker's not bad, in a second-rate public schoolboy pressed up against a sheet of glass kind of way.

Sorry for the intermission. Back to the cliquery. :)

Steven Taylor’s future at Newcastle United remains in doubt as Alan Pardew plans a January defensive overhaul.

United’s defensive record has been problematic for Pardew, who has seen his team leak goals in the opening months of the season amid concerns about Fabricio Coloccini’s form and Mike Williamson’s suitability for a long Premier League campaign.

Despite this the Magpies have not shuffled their pack and recalled Academy graduate, and Taylor is understood to be restless at his lack of opportunities. The unwillingness to try out Taylor also suggests that reservations that Pardew had last year about the centre-back remain.

The 28-year-old’s contract is due to expire at the end of next season and he is understood to be in the process of changing agents from Willie McKay, who had spoken of Taylor going out on loan if there were not to be more opportunities.

Newcastle are set to make a move for a centre-back in January and have already begun scouting possible recruits – which would seem to hammer another nail in Taylor’s chances of making progress at St James’ Park.

United’s January transfer fund will be bolstered by the sale of Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa – the Magpies have already agreed a cut-price fee with Roma for the transfer of the centre-back – and they are looking at Germany and Holland as possible fertile ground for a new defender.

With Jamaal Lascelles also set to enter the first team squad next season after completing his season-long loan at Nottingham Forest, it appears as if January could be a crossroads for Taylor.

Meenz, bit of a long shot but were you at that athletics meet at Gateshead in '86 when Allan Wells beat Ben Johnson (the latter had been recently crowned as Commonwealth Champion in Edinburgh and loads of the stars of the games were there). Wells was doing his lap of honour and all the British athletes were congratulating him. In the home straight a few hugged him including Tessa Sanderson iirc but Daley Thompson just sort of slinked away and avoided him. I always got the impression Thompson wasn't exactly the cheerful chappy he would have you believe. And that t-shirt was obviously bang out of order (even if Lewis was a proper diva).

I wasn't, I think my first time at a Gateshead event would have been the Europa Cup (as was) in 1989, which wouldn't have featured Daley anyway. Complex character I agree, he's never seemed happy playing the game, which may be to his credit even if it's meant a few mis-steps along the way. Even the T-shirt I can understand to an extent in the context of what must have been a ridiculously disproportionate media focus on Lewis above everyone else at the Los Angeles games. I mean, Lewis didn't have a wrist-busting ZX Spectrum game named after him, did he? :dunno:

Totally admired Lewis as an athlete mind. Having said that, his pouty face just after Johnson beat him in the 100m in Seoul. :lol:

352038-1988-olympic-games-100m-final-.jp

Think that race was on at something like 6 am UK time but I was still up an hour before it happened. Probably the most hotly anticipated race of all time.

And then the scandal, oh the scandal. Was proper exciting like. Everyone enjoys a villain. Pity that era set the template for the sport, and sprinting in particular, being properly riddled with drugs nowadays, but there you go.

Nah, heard about it though and it's meant to be good. I know every one of them tested positive for drugs at some point in their career though.

Nah, heard about it though and it's meant to be good. I know every one of them tested positive for drugs at some point in their career though.

All except the Brazilian fella. Was it Oliveira?

It's a good read though and aye Tooj what a helmet Lewis is.

• 3 weeks later...