Radiohead

Hatful Of Hollow

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When are you in town, 2Pints?

Change to the original itinerary like mate which I told you about a while ago.

Was meant to be going down tonight man, but my mates quite frankly are all a load of anal spears, giving out a load of excuses, they're all skint (baring in mind I've just for a season ticket for the next 3 seasons) and one thing or another. So now won't be going down until the actual Sunday, which is a load of horse shit quite frankly, I was looking forward to a weekend on the piss sampling some of the finest clunge Manchester had to offer.

Bunch of piss-kidneys the lot of them. I reckon my mate's lass won't have it if he's away that long like, she won't trust him (or him with me to be precise) the possessive cow. He still doesn't know I've nobbed her round his house before he has! May let that one slip out this weekend like if he's being a fanny!

Was meant to be going down tonight man, but my mates quite frankly are all a load of anal spears, giving out a load of excuses, they're all skint (baring in mind I've just for a season ticket for the next 3 seasons) and one thing or another. So now won't be going down until the actual Sunday, which is a load of horse shit quite frankly, I was looking forward to a weekend on the piss sampling some of the finest clunge Manchester had to offer.

Bunch of piss-kidneys the lot of them. I reckon my mate's lass won't have it if he's away that long like, she won't trust him (or him with me to be precise) the possessive cow. He still doesn't know I've nobbed her round his house before he has! May let that one slip out this weekend like if he's being a fanny!

<_<

Nee bother marra. If yous were struggling accomodation-wise you should have just mentioned like. We've finally managed to get the toilet unblocked after Cath's visit so we're able to have guests again.

<_<

Nee bother marra. If yous were struggling accomodation-wise you should have just mentioned like. We've finally managed to get the toilet unblocked after Cath's visit so we're able to have guests again.

AND I sat down to wipe :)

Yeh my mate went on Wednesday and said it was pretty much the same times. Not sure why it opened so early, we got there for 4pm and just sat in the sun and drank but I expected a few more support acts to make up for it.

Incidentally, I thought Bat for Lashes were absolutely rubbish.

I've just remembered Thom Yorke's little camera on the piano that he was looking into, right funny. <_<

Ah yes, I remember now - gave me a few laughs. Really comes out of himself on stage and he even admitted he was really nervous before the night iirc.

My mates all thought Bat For Lashes was good and I can't see why really. I thought she had one or two decent songs but overall thought the music was pretty poor. That "I saw the light" song was plain rubbish for example. They weren't helped by technical failures to be fair.

I was quite disappointed that they came back on. :) I agree, that Light song was awful. Every song just sounded the same to me. Although credit to some of the band for musical variety/talent - the same girl played guitar, keyboard, drum and violin!

:D Yup, same here - got bored of them very quickly. I think the singer said she was Bat For Lashes and the rest were her backing band or something, which was a shame as that girl who played all those instruments should get far more credit.

Oh well, the main band were stunning and tbh despite what I said earlier it was still annoying to see reviews claiming the gig "disappoints". Hardly an objective fact - just the opinion of a very pedantic journalist.

I was only disappointed that it finished tbh, amazing gig.

I guess that was a disappointment. Where were you standing? I was near the front - did you get some crazy drunken black guy come near you? He was brilliant.

Yeh we were close to the front, directly in line with Thom Yorke.

I remember a black guy charge through everyone to get to the front, was that the same one?

Probably. He kept coming near us and acting really strangely. I must have been quite near you as I was near the middle. The crowd nearby were a bit irritating and loads stood still which was boring, though there's only so much you can do at a Radiohead gig.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Happy Face will have tried this.

Consider that In Rainbows was meant to complement OK Computer, musically, lyrically, and in structure. We found that the two albums can be knit together beautifully. By combining the tracks to form one playlist, 01 and 10, we have a remarkable listening experience. The transitions between the songs are astounding, and it appears that this was done purposefully.

Radiohead – 01 and 10 playlist:

1. Airbag (OK Computer)

2. 15 Step (In Rainbows)

3. Paranoid Android (OK Computer)

4. Bodysnatchers (In Rainbows)

5. Subterranean Homesick Alien (OK Computer)

6. Nude (In Rainbows)

7. Exit Music (For A Film) (OK Computer)

8. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi (In Rainbows)

9. Let Down (OK Computer)

10. All I Need (In Rainbows)

11. Karma Police (OK Computer)

12. Fitter Happier (OK Computer)

13. Faust Arp (In Rainbows)

14. Electioneering (OK Computer)

15. Reckoner (In Rainbows)

16. Climbing Up The Walls (OK Computer)

17. House Of Cards (In Rainbows)

18. No Surprises (OK Computer)

19. Jigsaw Falling Into Place (In Rainbows)

20. Lucky (OK Computer)

21. Videotape (In Rainbows)

22. The Tourist (OK Computer)

http://puddlegum.net/radiohead-01-and-10/

http://www.cracked.com/article_18896_10-mi...ous-albums.html (scroll down to number 8).

It says in the article that you need a 10 second crossfade between tracks. Apparently it's not essential but if you're going to do it you might as well do it properly. Just thought I'd mention it here because there's a lot of waffle in the articles.

i've got their first three albums and they're good but i reckon they're a bit over rated. i always found it weird that they exploded in america in the 90s when the likes of blur and oasis and all the other other brit pop acts struggled over there. i think of all the bands of that era, blur are the ones that have released the best collection of albums over the years.

• 4 weeks later...