Kuyt - "Playing for the Toon would be my Dream"

smoggeordie

If our scouts have watched him already why does GR need to see how he performs in the WC?

Touraments are no way to judge how a player will do in the league imo.

139963[/snapback]

Baros.....

139966[/snapback]

And wasn't Savo Milosovic top scorer of Euro 2000 after flopping at Villa? As ChocChip says, surely if we've had him scouted we know how good he is. On the flip side, we bought Tomasson who scored shitloads in Holland and he turned out to be rubbish.

139974[/snapback]

Liverpool tend to be the experts at buying the tournament players though don't they.

I do think we're struggling for money though.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps it's do with us not having any money to spend?

139973[/snapback]

All the more reason to sign him before the WC before his price doubles.

This club sometimes - ;).

139977[/snapback]

Which part "not having any money " means 10mil+ plus to you?

If we dont have ANY money to spend how can we sign him before the world cup?

Edited by GafferTape

139973[/snapback]

139977[/snapback]

139978[/snapback]

I see your point. But if we can't afford him now, I can't see us being able to after the WC either.

139973[/snapback]

139977[/snapback]

139978[/snapback]

I see your point. But if we can't afford him now, I can't see us being able to after the WC either.

139991[/snapback]

Nee chance after Berkamp publicly declares him to be the Arsenal need to replace him!

Guest Sima
Nee chance after Berkamp publicly declares him to be the Arsenal need to replace him!

140084[/snapback]

Not heard of van Persie then?

Guest Sima

140084[/snapback]

140658[/snapback]

He's no Berkamp!

140686[/snapback]

He's a lot more similar to Bergkamp's style than Kuijt is. Well known he's being ushered in as his successor at Arsenal and for the record he is a very good player tbh.

Edited by Sima

This is blatantly a case of his agent telling him to say he's interested in coming here to spark some bids for him. We've seen it a thousand times before. Anyone who knows that plenty big clubs are after him but comes out with "Playing for the Toon is my dream" is on a wind-up tbh. We're being used as a pawn to engineer his big move.

This is blatantly a case of his agent telling him to say he's interested in coming here to spark some bids for him.  We've seen it a thousand times before.  Anyone who knows that plenty big clubs are after him but comes out with "Playing for the Toon is my dream" is on a wind-up tbh.  We're being used as a pawn to engineer his big move.

140701[/snapback]

Exactly what I thought when I first saw this; it's a measure of how far we fell under Souness that I thought of it in terms of him angling for a move to a big club.

This is blatantly a case of his agent telling him to say he's interested in coming here to spark some bids for him.  We've seen it a thousand times before.  Anyone who knows that plenty big clubs are after him but comes out with "Playing for the Toon is my dream" is on a wind-up tbh.  We're being used as a pawn to engineer his big move.

140701[/snapback]

Exactly what I thought when I first saw this; it's a measure of how far we fell under Souness that I thought of it in terms of him angling for a move to a big club.

140720[/snapback]

We were a victim of this sort of thing long before Souness came along tbh. We've never really been any top player's first choice - if you're good enough, there's always a better option unfortunately.

We were a victim of this sort of thing long before Souness came along tbh.  We've never really been any top player's first choice - if you're good enough, there's always a better option unfortunately.

140723[/snapback]

I was thinking more in terms of my mindset than the players', but point taken, maybe we should be thanking the loveable rogue for opening our eyes?

Where's your Souness badge gone?

We were a victim of this sort of thing long before Souness came along tbh.  We've never really been any top player's first choice - if you're good enough, there's always a better option unfortunately.

140723[/snapback]

I was thinking more in terms of my mindset than the players', but point taken, maybe we should be thanking the loveable rogue for opening our eyes?

Where's your Souness badge gone?

140732[/snapback]

Dunno. :lol:

I've just noticed the inside of Chopra's mouth is green btw. Surely that can't be right! ;)

I've just noticed the inside of Chopra's mouth is green btw.  Surely that can't be right!  :lol:

140736[/snapback]

But the rest of him being green is perfectly normal? ;)

That's the SOS, not the Riverside.

I've just noticed the inside of Chopra's mouth is green btw.  Surely that can't be right!  :lol:

140736[/snapback]

But the rest of him being green is perfectly normal? :lol:

That's the SOS, not the Riverside.

140755[/snapback]

;)

Yeah but why isn't his third arm green??? :lol:

never gonna happen tbh, nice idea though but we'll only spend big up front if we lose owen

unless owen has already agreed to join the pool?

139820[/snapback]

I'd rather have Kuijt, to be honest. You'll probably outbid us again ;)

139878[/snapback]

I think this time you would win, since you wouldn't be having to pay more for a player than you sold him for not long ago as was the case with Owen.

So hopefully you won't be bidding!!!

139882[/snapback]

We couldn't have offered anywhere near 17m, anyway.

Liverpool tend to be the experts at buying the tournament players though don't they.

I do think we're struggling for money though.

139976[/snapback]

7m loss on Diouf and we still haven't managed to offload Diao :lol:

140701[/snapback]

140720[/snapback]

We were a victim of this sort of thing long before Souness came along tbh. We've never really been any top player's first choice - if you're good enough, there's always a better option unfortunately.

140723[/snapback]

The same thing happened with Rooney and Kezman to name but a few.

Guest Sima

140084[/snapback]

140658[/snapback]

He's no Berkamp!

140686[/snapback]

haha after looking at the way van Basten picks his side more often than not van Persie plays ahead of Kuijt.

140084[/snapback]

140658[/snapback]

He's no Berkamp!

140686[/snapback]

haha after looking at the way van Basten picks his side more often than not van Persie plays ahead of Kuijt.

142018[/snapback]

Oh sima, you footballing god you! :nufc: