Official Newcastle 1 v 1 Lillestrom Thread

khay

Guest Fog on the Tyne
Couldn't really go giving it to one of those filthy lazy foreigners now could they? Personally I thought MOTM was Luque by a mile. Only attacking player with any threat whatsoever.

160358[/snapback]

Fucking hell. He was shite all game. Scored a goal against a team that are part-timers and was gash from start to finish. Was sloppy with possesion and the amount of headers he bottled was un-fucking-believable. His movement was poor and so was his distribution.

Definitely not an out-and-out striker.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Parker was rightly MOTM by a country mile. I thought Milner had an alright game but it was nowt special.

Luque scored a cracking goal but should really have had a hat-trick. He seemed to do the hard work and then fuck it up at the optimum moment. That being said I don't think his confidence was helped by the fact a large section of the crowd were on his back from start to finish!

Someone needs to pack Babayaro's bags though - I've never noticed it when watching it on the TV but yesterday it was blatently clear that he goes off for a wander time and time again leaving Bramble to cover the full back slot as well - not fucking good enough! And Carr's almost as bad!

Couldn't really go giving it to one of those filthy lazy foreigners now could they? Personally I thought MOTM was Luque by a mile. Only attacking player with any threat whatsoever.

160358[/snapback]

Fucking hell. He was shite all game. Scored a goal against a team that are part-timers and was gash from start to finish. Was sloppy with possesion and the amount of headers he bottled was un-fucking-believable. His movement was poor and so was his distribution.

Definitely not an out-and-out striker.

160362[/snapback]

Absolute bollocks. What a shock that someone who's made clear his dislike for Luque is the one to come out with that.

And in what way are Lillestrom part-timers?

Edited by Wullie

Parker was rightly MOTM by a country mile.

160364[/snapback]

Shows how people see games differently. I thought Parker was very poor by his standards. Couldn't believe it when they read his name out.

Would you care to explain exactly what Luque did that made him warrant MOM in your opinion?

160367[/snapback]

Scored, nearly scored twice more (his touch early on when he flicked it over the defender was beautiful), put a few cracking crosses in towards the end, was beating players with ease and was generally the only attacking player looking likely to do anything.

Parker was rightly MOTM by a country mile.

160364[/snapback]

Shows how people see games differently. I thought Parker was very poor by his standards. Couldn't believe it when they read his name out.

160366[/snapback]

Poor!? Without his tackles in midfield and defence we would have been 3-0 down at half time!

Guest Fog on the Tyne
as opposed to a defence and midfield that shone ............................

160405[/snapback]

Nobody shone on Saturday. We were rusty round the edges and we played as eleven indivduals doing their own thing. It looked as if the players had never played together before and as a result the performance was utter tedious.

A couple of interesting post-Shearer things of note.

1) Given never launched anything until Shola-Ole came on. All goal kicks were given straight to either Taylor or Bramble, when he got the ball in open play he kicked or threw it at one of the back four.

2) When we did knock it long, it went down the channels for either Luque or Milner to chase.

A couple of interesting post-Shearer things of note.

1) Given never launched anything until Shola-Ole came on. All goal kicks were given straight to either Taylor or Bramble, when he got the ball in open play he kicked or threw it at one of the back four.

160528[/snapback]

I noticed that too - was always in a hurry to take the goal-kicks extra quickly rather than taking time and punting it down the field ;)