The new forum - An explanation

Scottish Mag

Any toon boards are good news :blush:

1485[/snapback]

oh man why do things have to change??? :razz:

2434[/snapback]

Doesn't have to change. just stay on Newcastle Online if you don't want to move.

2860[/snapback]

Just like you said you were going to, on the admin board, ten minutes before you signed up??????

:angry:

3508[/snapback]

I am staying on Newcastle Online, but i'll pop over here every now and again to see whats happening if thats alright. What I meant was that I wasn't going to leave the board and my mod duties in the way others did (not a dig)

1485[/snapback]

2434[/snapback]

Doesn't have to change. just stay on Newcastle Online if you don't want to move.

2860[/snapback]

Just like you said you were going to, on the admin board, ten minutes before you signed up??????

3508[/snapback]

I am staying on Newcastle Online, but i'll pop over here every now and again to see whats happening if thats alright. What I meant was that I wasn't going to leave the board and my mod duties in the way others did (not a dig)

3558[/snapback]

I never did leave my post, i stated the way the feelings were on the board i wasn`t sure i was wanted. I did however state i was more than willing to continue my role...i guess the decision was made for me.

1485[/snapback]

2434[/snapback]

2860[/snapback]

3508[/snapback]

3558[/snapback]

I never did leave my post, i stated the way the feelings were on the board i wasn`t sure i was wanted. I did however state i was more than willing to continue my role...i guess the decision was made for me.

3562[/snapback]

Ive just come in from a night on the pop so I dont expect this too make much sense but anyway..

I lurked around toonchat for quite some time before finally registering just before the merge. The problem with NO i reckon is just the sheer amount of posters. You can post something and then an hour later its off the first page. I know theres a few people with hardcore opinions but I feel they are in the minority and on the whole can be ignored if you want to. I'll post on both but I'm glad you ressurected toon chat/ toontastic and if it can capture the feel of the old board then fair play to you

i feel like i'm part of the 'in crowd'  :icon_lol:

4049[/snapback]

Is that a good or a bad thing though?

4062[/snapback]

could be good a thing. i've been getting sick of having the same old arguments with the same old names on htt's forum lately.

the old forum was defintely better crack. this one will need more members, no doubt, but getting a good bunch online is what will make it or break it. there's always the danger of being hijacked by the hate squad.

time will tell...

Edited by Dan

What I told them:

Hi guys, I'm afraid I am part of the exodus too.

I echo the points made by by Scottish Mag, Peasepud & Jimbo in that the reasons for leaving are nothing to do with the people running the show here.

I am involved in the set-up and running of the new forum but as Ritchie stated, there was no sneaky motive behind the setup, it is simply there as an alternative to those who have longed for the craic that was on the old toon-chat/toontastic board. To be fair on more than one occasion, we've attempted to kindle that sort of atmosphere on here but it doesn't seem to last which ultimately is a shame.

Also, as has been stated already, we want to stress that this is an alternative, rather than a rival. We have no intention of creating a website, this is simply a forum. We'd prefer to been known as and friend rather than a foe (as some of the other sites seem to view this place). I for one am also pleased to see many members who have signed up for us continuing to post on here as well.

An added bonus of course is I'm on a crash learning of PHP and MySQL and I'm fast learning that it can be a nightmare. I would have written something on here earlier, but I've been juggling the fighting of some lovely teething troubles these past few days along with my regular job. As a result I've come to the conclusion that it's in the best interests of all if I relinquish my position as moderator. I simply won't have the time to offer a decent level of moderation to this place AND put my back into running Toontastic as well. I do fully intend to remain a member of the site and will add my two pennys worth from time to time.

I want to thank you guys for trusting me during my time as a moderator, it's not always been plain sailing but it's been a hell of a lot of fun.

Best of luck with the site and the new forum.

Craig

2484[/snapback]

bloody hell :D , you're not exactly stepping down as prime minister.

Nobody told me Craig was involved in the running of this board  :blush:

2487[/snapback]

i though it was pedro, bring back the old avatat (Clayton wasn't it)

Nope, was an avatar I'd created way back for the original Toontastic, when Newcastle-Online kicked off, I was using morph so Pedro picked up my old one...

And as for the Prime Minister speech, well it was what went in the admin room over there. Unlike the others, I got no acknowledgement or thanks though...

Nope, was an avatar I'd created way back for the original Toontastic, when Newcastle-Online kicked off, I was using morph so Pedro picked up my old one...

And as for the Prime Minister speech, well it was what went in the admin room over there. Unlike the others, I got no acknowledgement or thanks though...

5098[/snapback]

and you think you'll get thanks over here............................

:lol::lol::lol::lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::blush::icon_lol::blush::blush::D

not a hope mate, not a hope

well I started here, and when the merger too place obviously went on the new site. I quite like it. Only found out about this place checking my e-mails tonight. I'll stick around here as well like. I was only really an occassional user on Toontastic until a few months towards the merger, but I did like it.