Snake Bite (the drink)

bobbyshinton

Well OK then, by far the most important factor is how much you have drunk and in what time period. I accept that some drinks are absorbed quicker than others (iirc 9% by volume drinks are absorbed at a maximal rate), but these differences aren't that important in the grand scheme of things. Whether you've eaten or not is probably more important tbh. If there really was a difference, would the government not make specific recommendations? The advice on drinking always boils down to how much alcohol you drink, not what form it is, because it doesn't matter.

It's funny how you say you feel better the next day when you rehydrate with water. It always makes me feel worse, just another part of the hangover I have to cope with.

171957[/snapback]

An empty stomach is definitely a key factor, but I think you're being too dismissive of the importance. For example, I don't drink beer any more, my tolerance for it is pathetic, couple of cans and I'm feeling it. Because I drink a lot of wine I tend to put quite a bit away. If the situation was reversed I wouldn't be able to hold my wine. We also seem to have natural tolerances, I've always been able to put spirits away, regardless of how long it's been since the last one. So I need to mix to get the right whiskey buzz. Talk to anyone who likes a drink and you'll get different versions of that. Granted you have to be particularly careful with anecdotal evidence where drink is involved, but your science is wrong - FACT!

Edited by DotBum

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The lighter the colour of the drink, the lighter the hangover, apparantly.

Which to be fair is partly true as vodka doesn't really give me hangovers.

171972[/snapback]

Dark beers are a bastard as well.

171972[/snapback]

171973[/snapback]

Yep I'm pretty sure it's true.. As apparantly red wine causes a bastard hangover, as do dark beers, whereas lager is middle of the range.. I found an interesting website a while ago on how to stop getting hangovers.. It was really interesting, will see if I can dig it up.

171972[/snapback]

171973[/snapback]

Yep I'm pretty sure it's true.. As apparantly red wine causes a bastard hangover, as do dark beers, whereas lager is middle of the range.. I found an interesting website a while ago on how to stop getting hangovers.. It was really interesting, will see if I can dig it up.

171976[/snapback]

I fell asleep on the treadmill and then went in the sauna with me socks on, on Sunday. Tennents super the night before

171972[/snapback]

Stuff like Ruby Port and Sloe Gin is meant to be the worst and I think that is down to the toxins they contain. The dehydrating effect of all alcohol can give you a stotten heid though. Vodka gives me a dodgy stomach the next day if I drink too much.

http://www.rocknroll.force9.co.uk/pubs/hangovers.htm

There it is, really interesting site;

Worst Hangover

1. Brandy

2. Red Wine

3. Rum

4. Whisky

5. Beer

6. White Wine

7. Gin

8. Vodka

Lightest Hangover

Also, anybody ever tried resolve before? I got pissed one night and didn't expect to have such a dodgy stomach the next day.. woke up in all sorts of trouble... Anyways I took a resolve and it did settle my stomach and I ended up being able to go out for my friends birthday.. Nearly bottled it cos of the beer the night before!

171972[/snapback]

Stuff like Ruby Port and Sloe Gin is meant to be the worst and I think that is down to the toxins they contain. The dehydrating effect of all alcohol can give you a stotten heid though. Vodka gives me a dodgy stomach the next day if I drink too much.

171980[/snapback]

I'm more worried about what I'm like on it, haven't touched the stuff in a long time.

SG - I find red wine to be almost completely hangover free, unless I really take the piss, or get a dodgy bottle.

171972[/snapback]

171980[/snapback]

I'm more worried about what I'm like on it, haven't touched the stuff in a long time.

SG - I find red wine to be almost completely hangover free, unless I really take the piss, or get a dodgy bottle.

171986[/snapback]

Really? I've never tried it so wouldn't know.. I've never (touch wood) had a headache in the morning, just either felt a bit grotty, depressed or have a dodgy stomach.. Probs the signs of drinking beer.. I rarely mix drinks too so that probs helps.

I'm sure if you went to bed without a sip of water the chances are you'll definitely wake up feeling rough.. Luckily most of the time I get a good few pints in before sleeping.

Edit- another point, which my mates always laugh at.. I find that my stomach is always worse the day after a party, usually because I'll drink canned lager and mix brands of beer.. for some reason it doesn't agree with my stomach.. If I stick to one brand it usually is fine :unsure:

Edited by Southern Geordie

Worst Hangover

1. Brandy

2. Red Wine

3. Rum

4. Whisky

5. Beer

6. White Wine

7. Gin

8. Vodka

Lightest Hangover

171984[/snapback]

:unsure:

I've been drinking Red Wine on school nights as I've felt tip top the next day. Probably due to comparable volume intake of Stella.

I never get hangovers unless I smoke.

So I kicked the tabs.  :unsure:

171994[/snapback]

You have pleasures awaiting you, though tabs do definitely make it worse, glad I quit.

Snakebite is alright, but I always find myself splashing/spilling it down myself and seeing my nice white top turn bright pink for the rest of then night.

I get awful hangovers, does my head in.

Snakebite is alright, but I always find myself splashing/spilling it down myself and seeing my nice white top turn bright pink for the rest of then night.

172001[/snapback]

Snakebite and black? Puff :unsure:

172001[/snapback]

Snakebite and black? Puff :unsure:

172007[/snapback]

Its just Snakebite in Sheffield like, never seen anyone have it without the blackcurrant.

Guest Patrokles

Yeah, red wine has always been okay for me. It's all I drink nowadays (doctor's orders). By contrast, one of my worst experiences came after two bottles of white wine. The next morning I walked through Camden and was ashamed that not a single beggar/incense peddlar approcahed me. I looked like I was ein UNTERMENSCH even to them.

red wine gives me a stotting hangover, but I can (J69 time) drink vodka like it's going out of fashion.

don't get hangovers from it and don't really feel "drunk" from it. Of course it helps that I've moved onto better vodkas, not drinking the regular shit at pubs and certainly buying better than "Glens Vodka" for home drinking.

it's Absolut or more likely these days, Stolichnaya for home drinking.

42Below is being touted by friends as brilliant, but I'm not so sure.

http://www.42below.co.nz/flashad/storyof42.html

...zaynee

Edited by The Fish

red wine gives me a stotting hangover, but I can (J69 time) drink vodka like it's going out of fashion.

don't get hangovers from it and don't really feel "drunk" from it. Of course it helps that I've moved onto better vodkas, not drinking the regular shit at pubs and certainly buying better than "Glens Vodka" for home drinking.

it's Absolut or more likely these days, Stolichnaya for home drinking.

42Below is being touted by friends as brilliant, but I'm not so sure.

http://www.42below.co.nz/flashad/storyof42.html

...zaynee

172042[/snapback]

same here...cannot even sniff red wine without getting a stonkin head..however , give me a decent bottle of vodka or a bottle of Jack and I can play out till the cows come home with not too many ill effects the next day.. :unsure: