Snake Bite (the drink)

bobbyshinton

It ferments in your stomach so has the same or near as the effect of dope.

171787[/snapback]

Like shite :lol:

171791[/snapback]

The bloke either can't hold his drink, or wants to give his dealer a smack! :blink:

171795[/snapback]

Just what me mate told me.

I dont drink that shite :lol:

Whiskey is my poison...

Lager when ive got no cash like

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of mixed alcoholic beverages.. If you add shots of apple sours to Magners (the cider) it is by far the nicest drink ever.. including soft drinks, it's quite refreshing, which is the danger!

Also, turbo shandys (Lager and Smirnoff ices) now they are lethal

171820[/snapback]

I'd like to hear someone order one. :lol:

The drink of choice for scummy students on a Friday night, that alone makes be want it banned from every pub in the country, along with the students too.

171806[/snapback]

Bah, humbug; you miserable fucking cunt! :lol:

171810[/snapback]

Thats easy for you to say from high up in your French castle, you haven't had to spend the last 3 years of your life surrounded by them and with the prospect of a further one. Still beats joining the real world.

Lad who used to work with me, used to order "woodgates", apparently the cocktail of drinks our departed defender was drinking the night he got in to a spot of bother with Bowyer

I think it was basically several types of Bacardi Breezers and a Smirnoff Ice mixed in to two pint glasses

Thats easy for you to say from high up in your French castle, you haven't had to spend the last 3 years of your life surrounded by them and with the prospect of a further one. Still beats joining the real world.

171831[/snapback]

Aye, I was thinking who'd be left in ewerk's perfect world of coffee house massacres, but in fairness there's fucking no one allowed in my castle. :lol:

Are you from Ireland btw? Where etc?

I used to drink Snakebite when I first started drinking and hadn't developed a taste for Larger in its own. Doesn't get me more pissed than anything else.

I've recently come up with the theory that warm larger gets you more pissed and gives you a worse hangover than cold. No matter how many ice cold bottles of Peroni I drink in the house, I never get a hangover and hardly pissed. Yet I have a few half warm bottles of but in the town and I'm fucked the next day.

171831[/snapback]

Aye, I was thinking who'd be left in ewerk's perfect world of coffee house massacres, but in fairness there's fucking no one allowed in my castle. :lol:

Are you from Ireland btw? Where etc?

171835[/snapback]

Was it the tricolour under my name that gave it away? :blink:

Aye, from Cookstown in Tyrone, the birthplace of Zico Hughes. Where abouts you from yourself? A free state bastard I presume?

Was it the tricolour under my name that gave it away?  :lol:

Aye, from Cookstown in Tyrone, the birthplace of Zico Hughes. Where abouts you from yourself? A free state bastard I presume?

171874[/snapback]

Indeed, Dublin, for my sins. Did you know Zico? I knew someone who knew him well, can't be many called Dardis in Cookstown, do you know any?

Has anyone ever heard about drinking a lot of Pernod, supposedly it crystalises in your stomach and you can get drunk the next day just by drinking a pint of water.  I'm sure the drinks comapnies start these rumours!

:lol:

What a pile of horse plop!

Has anyone ever heard about drinking a lot of Pernod, supposedly it crystalises in your stomach and you can get drunk the next day just by drinking a pint of water.  I'm sure the drinks comapnies start these rumours!

171889[/snapback]

It is right by drinking water the next day after an anis type drink you become pissed again. Don't know why

It is right by drinking water the next day after an anis type drink you become pissed again.  Don't know why

171907[/snapback]

I've often had that experience of a buzz from drinking water the morning after, without drinking anything anis based, I always just put it down to rehydration doing something a bit funny. :lol:

drinking anis, he he he.[/beavis]

171889[/snapback]

It is right by drinking water the next day after an anis type drink you become pissed again. Don't know why

171907[/snapback]

Heard that too.

It is right by drinking water the next day after an anis type drink you become pissed again.  Don't know why

171907[/snapback]

I've often had that experience of a buzz from drinking water the morning after, without drinking anything anis based, I always just put it down to rehydration doing something a bit funny. :unsure:

drinking anis, he he he.[/beavis]

171910[/snapback]

I'm very skeptical. Alcohol is a liquid which is eliminated from the body at an approximately the same rate regardless of how much you have drunk from the moment you drink it. It can't hide somewhere in the body to reintoxicate you the next day.

Perhaps the anis has its own intoxicating properties, but again, the effect here would be maximal within minutes or hours of drinking it, and wouldn't just arise out of a dormant state the next day. I reckon it's an old wives tale.

Also regards mixing drinks. The only important aspect is how much alcohol you have drunk, nothing else is relevant. My mum reckons she can drink as much whiskey as she wants but will get pissed on half a lager. This, of course, is horse shit - she just can't accurately estimate how much alcohol she has drunk. People say that mixing drinks makes you more drunk and gives you a worse hangover. Nonsense - the fact is that if you are mixing your drinks you've probably had more than you usually would in ther first place. Although obviously some drinks can give worse hangovers than others, usually depending on their tannin content.

The first time I ever got pissed to the point of spins and sickness was when I was 14, and I'd been drinking Snakebite all day. Never touch it now because I've got this complex about it getting me fucking shitfaced. I'll drink a pint of Lager then a pint of Cider though.. :unsure:

Edited by WubbleUC

Also regards mixing drinks. The only important aspect is how much alcohol you have drunk, nothing else is relevant. My mum reckons she can drink as much whiskey as she wants but will get pissed on half a lager. This, of course, is horse shit - she just can't accurately estimate how much alcohol she has drunk. People say that mixing drinks makes you more drunk and gives you a worse hangover. Nonsense - the fact is that if you are mixing your drinks you've probably had more than you usually would in ther first place. Although obviously some drinks can give worse hangovers than others, usually depending on their tannin content.

171927[/snapback]

Don't get me wrong, I'm saying that the 'buzz' is simply a bi-product of rehydration, a hangover can do very strange things to my brain, the rehydration comes as a massive relief and leads to a strange sensation. I said in my first post on the matter that I thought it was nonsense made up by the drinks companies.

The bit I've quoted above is utter bollocks, I know from personal experience, and I am quite an expert in this field. :unsure: Unless you can give me an alternate reason why my mind and body react so differently to different alcohols? Are you saying that equal percentages of wine, vodka and lager will have the same physical and mental impact on everyone?

171927[/snapback]

Renton in talk shite shocker :unsure:

Snakebite is shite, but doesn't get you any more pissed than if you drank the same volume of Stella

Cocktails is where it's at tbh.

Tom Collins is my tipple of choice at the moment, awesome, esepcially in this weather.

Snakebite is shite, but doesn't get you any more pissed than if you drank the same volume of Stella

Cocktails is where it's at tbh.

Tom Collins is my tipple of choice at the moment, awesome, esepcially in this weather.

171948[/snapback]

Noel Coward eat your heart out :unsure:

171927[/snapback]

Don't get me wrong, I'm saying that the 'buzz' is simply a bi-product of rehydration, a hangover can do very strange things to my brain, the rehydration comes as a massive relief and leads to a strange sensation. I said in my first post on the matter that I thought it was nonsense made up by the drinks companies.

The bit I've quoted above is utter bollocks, I know from personal experience, and I am quite an expert in this field. :unsure: Unless you can give me an alternate reason why my mind and body react so differently to different alcohols? Are you saying that equal percentages of wine, vodka and lager will have the same physical and mental impact on everyone?

171937[/snapback]

Well OK then, by far the most important factor is how much you have drunk and in what time period. I accept that some drinks are absorbed quicker than others (iirc 9% by volume drinks are absorbed at a maximal rate), but these differences aren't that important in the grand scheme of things. Whether you've eaten or not is probably more important tbh. If there really was a difference, would the government not make specific recommendations? The advice on drinking always boils down to how much alcohol you drink, not what form it is, because it doesn't matter.

It's funny how you say you feel better the next day when you rehydrate with water. It always makes me feel worse, just another part of the hangover I have to cope with.

Long Island Iced Teas are nice btw. Hit the spot.

171960[/snapback]

quoted for it's truenessosity

hows about this, for when the cold nights roll in?

Old Fashioned.

2 oz whiskey

1 lump sugar

2 dashes Angostura bitters

2 dashes Curacao or Absinthe

1 slice orange

1 slice lemon peel