Poker question

MattM4

tsk tsk tsk

but I DO know a lot - a real polymath I am - and I watch a lot of them documentaries and quiz games

plus of course I was educated when they expected you to larn sommat

I wouldn't disagree. Not about poker though, so stop pretending you do. You just look silly when you don't let things lie and you cannot admit you're wrong - ever (I realise the former is probably a pretty ironic comment coming from me but I'll admit it when I'm wrong).

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

off to lunch - I shall resume action later this afternoon

I've noticed you and I can kill any thread by just sniping away for a page or two..............................................

off to lunch - I shall resume action later this afternoon

I've noticed you and I can kill any thread by just sniping away for a page or two..............................................

You started it :lol:

I was playing on bodog last night, all-in fest left me on the bubble having paid to see maybe one flop, so I typed "Jesus Wept", up comes "* Wept", I then typed "Muhammad Wept" which came up "Muhammad Wept", so that was nice.

)£$#$ Wept!

Was watching a heads up game on full tilt earlier - $200/$400 limit heads up. Mike Matusow vs. someone unknown. He was fairly cleaning them out. The money that was changing hands is fucking mind boggling. :lol: I would even begrudge losing my blinds.

Who gets up that early to post on a forum :lol: ?

Whats Matusows name on full tilt? I always look for the pros but can never find them.

On pokerstars, Negraenu and Raymer had a massive arguement the other week, legends.

Played my first MTT last night on PokerStars, it was the first round of three rounds for a seat at the 2.5m Bahamas final, free to enter. 5,500 entered, 50 through to round 2, 4 hours later I finished 67th, ouch!

Good learning experience, though, I recommend anyone who's not done one give it a go, very different to an SnG, and it's free to enter when you sign up to PokerStars.

4 hours. :lol: Do you get many breaks in all that? Good effort btw.

Cheers, didn't feel like it when I went out! I was 13th with 100 left, should have got the top 50, never been there before, so didn't know how to play it from there. Learnt a lot from it, though, and I'll do another round 1 probably this week.

5 minutes break every hour, concentration was waning towards the end, though. It started at 8.30, so I was still at it at 1.30 in the morning.

Back reading Sensai Dan this morning to see where I went wrong.

to help the stats section

how much did you lose?

to help the hard of reading

Played my first MTT last night on PokerStars, it was the first round of three rounds for a seat at the 2.5m Bahamas final, free to enter. 5,500 entered, 50 through to round 2, 4 hours later I finished 67th, ouch!

Good learning experience, though, I recommend anyone who's not done one give it a go, very different to an SnG, and it's free to enter when you sign up to PokerStars.

Ok, just thought I'd post a hand I just played.

25cents-50cents NL cash game 10 seater table.

I'm on the button with AK diamonds, there is a minimum raise 3 seats from the button, I reraise to $2, and get two callers, the person who raised, and someone in middle position, who had just limped.

Flop come 9 8 A. Its checked around to me, I raise half the pot $4. Middle position limper calls, other guy folds. I think they could be slow playing mabye, or they have ace rag. The turn is an ace, giving me trips with king kicker, its checked to me once again, and I bet $5 into a $15 pot, a quick call and the river is a 5. No flush possiblitys, a potential straight, but I ruled that out as anyone holding 6 7 would not have called. This time the person raises all in $26. I put them on 99 or 88, giving them a full house, then I think they could also have trip aces, but my kicker betters them. I call, they show pocket 8's, and win the pot with a full house.

Just wondering what everyone else would have done in that situation? I lost $40 in that hand, but still $20 up for the session.

I don't think I would have been able to lay it down in a tournament. I don't play cash games enough to know how I would have reacted to a $26 all-in bet with trip Aces and a king kicker. Seems to me that it's maybe just one of those unfortunate hands that you're destined to lose a canny bit of money on.

I thought about laying it down, my instincts told me he had 99 or 88. I'm very good at reading people online, but I just couldnt lay it down. I've turned that $9 free from WPT on pokerroom into $158, could have been $200 if it wasnt for that hand.

I tried to raise abit more on the turn, ($8) but the slider thing was doing my head in, and would only let me select $10 or $5.

I use my keyboard to type values, saves complication.

I don't think many would argue with your move. Have you read much on the subject? I think the general thinking would be if you made that play 10 times you'd be well up. Obviously the read of your opponent is important.

I tried to raise abit more on the turn, ($8) but the slider thing was doing my head in, and would only let me select $10 or $5.

I use my keyboard to type values, saves complication.

I don't think many would argue with your move. Have you read much on the subject? I think the general thinking would be if you made that play 10 times you'd be well up. Obviously the read of your opponent is important.

Reads at .25/.50 are pretty unimportant, you can pretty much just play ABC and win. The importatnt thing is definately that if you played he same cards the same way every time you would be winning. Every now and again a donk will have a hand that beats you, it cant be helped.

I stay away from the slider as well