• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just been looking at some poker software, anyone got any comments on:

-Poker Stove

-Sixth Sense

-Poker Tracker

-SnG Power Tools

?

I can't use any of them. spongebob will be the one to talk to I would have thought.

Is it because you is differently abled?

EDIT: Shit, just seen the Dime Bar thread, edited for Patrokles' benefit.

Edited by ObaGol

Just been looking at some poker software, anyone got any comments on:

-Poker Stove

-Sixth Sense

-Poker Tracker

-SnG Power Tools

?

Poker Stove is very useful and free so no reason to not have it. Very useful to check your odds when reviewing your play. Also useful for playing about with to see how certain hands fair against other hands. see also poker trace which has a good tournament replayer.

Sixth sense I have never heard of.

Poker Tracker is pretty much indispensible if you play anything other than tournaments.

tourney manager is a great way to store and analyse tournaments. AT $40 it is a bargain

SNG power tools are without doubt the best bit of software you could ever buy for sngs. I dont know if you have come across ICM yet, but withut understanding it you cant really hope to fully beat sngs. Power tools is a program which teaches you were to push fold or call in tournaments.

I am not spongebobxxxx btw

There's a huge thread over at 2+2 on Sixth Sense, might be worth a look. I'll most likely give the free trial a whirl once I've settled on a few other tools. I think it's 15 dollars a month at the level I (and probably the rest of us) would be playing at.

I've loaded some of my SnG stats into Poker Tracker, and even for those it looks pretty indispensible!

I was only reading about ICM yesterday, interesting stuff. PokerStove is great fun.

There's a huge thread over at 2+2 on Sixth Sense, might be worth a look. I'll most likely give the free trial a whirl once I've settled on a few other tools. I think it's 15 dollars a month at the level I (and probably the rest of us) would be playing at.

I've loaded some of my SnG stats into Poker Tracker, and even for those it looks pretty indispensible!

I was only reading about ICM yesterday, interesting stuff. PokerStove is great fun.

OK Ive had a look at sixth sense, I dont really trouble the software forum much.Its not really any use for tournaments its just for table selection on ring games. You would need to get a big database of hands before it would do you much good

If you have got pokertracker you probably want to have a look at PAHUD, which is a real time heads up display which shows vpip etc of opponents. It can be useful to get reads on who is loose or tight which is obviously good for knowing who to steal against etc

OK Ive had a look at sixth sense, I dont really trouble the software forum much.Its not really any use for tournaments its just for table selection on ring games. You would need to get a big database of hands before it would do you much good

If you have got pokertracker you probably want to have a look at PAHUD, which is a real time heads up display which shows vpip etc of opponents. It can be useful to get reads on who is loose or tight which is obviously good for knowing who to steal against etc

I'm going to give 1/2 limit a go, so that's what I'd be interested in that for. I'm only demoing Poker Tracker at the moment (thousand hand limit), but I think I'll end up getting it, I think I've already spotted some leaks, after a casual glance, but I'd need a few more thousand hands in there before I confirmed anything.

I'll have a look into this HUD business, I read something about them, but it is all really rather complicated sometimes. Will check out PAHUD, cheers. :lol:

I'm going to give 1/2 limit a go, so that's what I'd be interested in that for. I'm only demoing Poker Tracker at the moment (thousand hand limit), but I think I'll end up getting it, I think I've already spotted some leaks, after a casual glance, but I'd need a few more thousand hands in there before I confirmed anything.

I'll have a look into this HUD business, I read something about them, but it is all really rather complicated sometimes. Will check out PAHUD, cheers. :lol:

Good luck and be careful, that limit is a brutally swingy game. Might be worth starting a bit lower unless you have a few hundred you are prepared to lose

Good luck and be careful, that limit is a brutally swingy game. Might be worth starting a bit lower unless you have a few hundred you are prepared to lose

I do, but that's good advice, thank you; I think I need something like a $600 BR for that. I've been very disciplined so far, I'm still on 3.40 SnGs at the moment and stayed in the play money for quite a while. I'll no doubt start with the lowest available and go from there, currently finishing off Small Stakes Hold 'em - Miller/Sklansky/Miller which is a good read on that level. I'd recommend it as worthwhile even if people aren't planning on playing Limit.

I do, but that's good advice, thank you; I think I need something like a $600 BR for that. I've been very disciplined so far, I'm still on 3.40 SnGs at the moment and stayed in the play money for quite a while. I'll no doubt start with the lowest available and go from there, currently finishing off Small Stakes Hold 'em - Miller/Sklansky/Miller which is a good read on that level. I'd recommend it as worthwhile even if people aren't planning on playing Limit.

Thats the best poker book I have ever read. Be warned though the games have tightened up since that was written. On a happier note my free copy of Doyle Brunsons Super Sysyem2 that Party sent me for party points dropped through the door this morning.

spongebob, have you read Kill Phil? I've bought it and have just started it, although I'm pretty wary of what they've got to say. I'll see like, but I know it's got the reputation of turning things into a bit of an all-in-fest. That Malmuth bloke on 2+2 gave it 10 out of 10, so it can't be all that bad.

spongebob, have you read Kill Phil? I've bought it and have just started it, although I'm pretty wary of what they've got to say. I'll see like, but I know it's got the reputation of turning things into a bit of an all-in-fest. That Malmuth bloke on 2+2 gave it 10 out of 10, so it can't be all that bad.

I havent read it, from what I remember it is a fairly simple stack/position/blind size push fold strategy type of thing, which sounds pretty good to me

Weee, Ive just bought it of Amazon along with No Limit Hold 'em: Theory and Practice by David Sklansky. I love buying poker books

Edited by spongebob toonpants

How long did it take you to get all that on Party Spongebob? Also I thought you didn't play on Party much because of their 20% rake on SNG's?

I played over 5000 tournaments on Party. Its only the 5+1s that are 20%

Not bad Ultimate bet points seem to be a better deal though.

"nh"

"ty"

:lol: lol, that annoys the hell out of me, how ridiculously pointless.

The only context in which it makes any sense is if they're commenting on the way it was played, as I think the better players mean it (and don't say it too often); but when people say it just for the cards dealt I assume they're talking to God, as it has fuck all to do with anyone else.

It's the whole pointlessness of the exchange that makes me laugh. Like an automatic response to anything over two pairs, followed by the automated "ty" in return, totally and completely standard and impersonal.

Plus it's a lot more fun trying to wind people up :lol:

I havent read it, from what I remember it is a fairly simple stack/position/blind size push fold strategy type of thing, which sounds pretty good to me

Weee, Ive just bought it of Amazon along with No Limit Hold 'em: Theory and Practice by David Sklansky. I love buying poker books

:lol: Missed this yesterday - aye, I'm halfway through it now, and it's pretty much as you say. The idea is to negate the superior skills of the top players by putting constant pressure on them to play for all of their chips. You only play with premium hands (based on position/stack etc) and if you're not all in pre-flop, then you're all in after unless something scary comes on the flop and it's likely that you aren't in the lead. I haven't tried it yet cos I'm still just reading, but it will certainly help out with my aggressiveness issues. :lol:

Btw, the book doesn't come with the strategy cards (condensed versions of what the book advises), but I've ordered those separately - it would take a bit of effort to come up with them yourself. If you like it when you've read it, and you want copies, let me know. :lol:

Hmmmm why am I reminded of Mr Lincoln here?

Old Abe was asked in 1849 if he planned to "Go West" and find his fortune in the gold fields of Cal-i-forn-i-ay

"Well, I think I would make a better fortune by setting up in St Louis and selling all those prospectors wagons, shovels, food and water to be honest"

You're all buying books and strategy cards from Ol Abe I'm afraid