Poker question

MattM4

It has just ocurred to me, last week neTELLER made me angry and I told them to go fuck themselves, today their share price plummeted 60%.

Consider yourselves warned. :lol:

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You still in that tournament, knobrot?

Out in 182nd.

Anyone used worldpokerexchange? 100% rakeback. :lol:

It's where our US friends may end up according to chatter on 2+2.

I like Full Tilt, haven't actually put any real cash in there yet. Very fond of Stars, fucking hate Party, hope they crash tbh. Haven't tried PokerRoom yet.

Doesn't look like WPEX has a Mac option at the moment. If you do get a cheap Windows machine, don't forget to buy 12 sq foot of screen with it. Multi-tabling is the only way.

2 is my max multi-table at the minute, and I feel like I'm having a full on panic attack when it gets down to the late stages. :lol: I like the setup on Full Tilt, and it's more stable than Pokerroom, but there is a noticeable difference in the quality of player between the two. Or at least I think there is.

I wouldn't mind buying a crappy laptop, but I really haven't a clue how bad they are when I see them in the shop - they have them for around £350, but I don't know if I'm buying something completely crap. :D

2 is my max multi-table at the minute, and I feel like I'm having a full on panic attack when it gets down to the late stages. :lol: I like the setup on Full Tilt, and it's more stable than Pokerroom, but there is a noticeable difference in the quality of player between the two. Or at least I think there is.

I wouldn't mind buying a crappy laptop, but I really haven't a clue how bad they are when I see them in the shop - they have them for around £350, but I don't know if I'm buying something completely crap. :D

There's plenty on here could give you advice, does it have to be a laptop? I'm not a big fan of them if they aren't absolutely necessary, shorter lifespan, more expensive to maintain, more expensive to start with etc.

I was 3 tabling teenie-tiny limit cash games last week to see how it all worked, there's ocassional moments of madness, but overall it's pretty boring, 6 should be doable. I just need to stop worrying about people having to wait on me for a few seconds during the hectic periods.

You planning on playing more cash games like? I've thought about it, but am gonna stick with SNGs for the time being.

Re the laptop, it doesn't have to be, but it's just easier as I don't have a ton of space and already have one Mac desktop, and one laptop.

Gonna have a stab at 1/2 limit hold 'em, but I'm sticking to the SnGs mainly.

Had a go at 7 card stud over the weekend, fuck me there's a lot to take in. I like it, but it does take a lot concentration. I may have been drinking quite heavily, though. :lol:

Omaha looks interesting - basically Hold Em but you get 4 hole cards but can only use two of them. Too complicated for me though - far too many possible hand combinations to contemplate. :lol:

Omaha looks like it's probably a good step up from Texas, without jumping straight into the insanity of stud. Trying to see if there's any of 3 different cards, what suits are out and what straight possibilities are affected from 8 hands before people start folding.

I see neTELLER have issued a "business as usual" statement, might be a good time for any day traders out there to make a few quid...

Why are the sites issuing statements as if they have a choice wether or not to close their US accounts, won't they be forced to?

In spite of what the US seems to believe they have no jurisdiction outside of their own country. They can put pressure on the US financial establishments, but they can't tell a non-US corporation not to accept payments from anyone, even US citizens.

Why are the sites issuing statements as if they have a choice wether or not to close their US accounts, won't they be forced to?

In spite of what the US seems to believe they have no jurisdiction outside of their own country. They can put pressure on the US financial establishments, but they can't tell a non-US corporation not to accept payments from anyone, even US citizens.

So Party Poker have fucked themselves over for no reason :lol:? Will there not be consequences for the rest, if they fail to follow suit?

Edited by Nate

So Party Poker have fucked themselves over for no reason :lol:? Will there not be consequences for the rest, if they fail to follow suit?

As far as I'm aware, as things stand, Party have said they'll pull the plug on US players IF the bill goes through, UNTIL things are clarified. So they haven't actually done anything to fuck themselves up at this point in time.

Aren't 70% of their customers in the US?

As far as I'm aware, as things stand, Party have said they'll pull the plug on US players IF the bill goes through, UNTIL things are clarified. So they haven't actually done anything to fuck themselves up at this point in time.

Aren't 70% of their customers in the US?

I think so, apparently their shares have fallen over 100% in value.

It seems an odd decision if it isn't compulsory.

I think so, apparently their shares have fallen over 100% in value.

It seems an odd decision if it isn't compulsory.

They have a negative share price? :lol:

I'm starting to drift out of online poker, signed up to aspers today, can't wait. I had 3 big bad beats last week and I've kinda lost abit of interest, but needless to say after this post I'm loading up some software and playing :lol:. Yesterday I played a $150 prizepool freeroll on Party and came 7th out of 2000, winning $7.50 was chip leader for about an hour. Pretty fun.

I'm playing one now on Ladbrokes, was doing class, made an amazing bluff with 8 3, board was A J 10 on the flop with 2 hearts, I bet, he calls, turn was a 5, I bet he calls, I put him on a draw, the river was no help, so I put him all in, and he folded. Amazing tbh.

14 left, I'm 7th!

been playing for fucking ages like! Started at 8.05pm

EDIT.

Came 9th winning $14 not bad for a freeroll, had AQ vs K 10

Edited by Mark