Your TV Series Recommendations

Gemmill

Scrubs is absolutely ace!  :D

175589[/snapback]

First off i watched the odd bit and decided i didnt like it...i have an awful habit of making my mind up about things (and people) before i have given it or them a chance!

Then my son kept on so much that i have started watching it occasionally now, yes, its quite funny but i dont like the guy who plays the older Doctor, he really puts me off it :D

Anyone been watching a 'Town called Eureka?'

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever series is being shown over here is one of the last ones, and I quite like it. I love Curb your Enthusiasm, and I keep getting pestered about Seinfeld, so I watch an episode now and then. I think the fact George's character is basically Larry David keeps me interested.

Still think Jerry Seinfeld is the worst observational comedian in the world, and a cunt to boot, but it's growing on me.

George Costanza = greatest sitcom character ever.

OPINION!

175610[/snapback]

Aye, I love George too. I like Seinfeld as well but I think it's a bit "you MUST like it", i.e. it's overrated.

From the few episodes I've watched I have concluded that Jerry Seinfeld is an unfunny cock, "krazy" Kramer isn't in the least amusing, I can't remember a single thing about the girl in it.

I will say in its defence that George gave me a few chuckles and without it we probably wouldn't have had Curb.

From the few episodes I've watched I have concluded that Jerry Seinfeld is an unfunny cock, "krazy" Kramer isn't in the least amusing, I can't remember a single thing about the girl in it.

I will say in its defence that George gave me a few chuckles and without it we probably wouldn't have had Curb.

175615[/snapback]

Seinfeld wrote half the thing so he must be as funny as any of his characters. He can't act at all, which puts a lot of people off.

Kramer is occassionally a bit too bonkoz, but some of his physical comedy is superb (getting the cement in the washing machine, putting a tv in his boot, taking a power shower etc). Elaine can be dull.

175615[/snapback]

Seinfeld wrote half the thing so he must be as funny as any of his characters. He can't act at all, which puts a lot of people off.

Kramer is occassionally a bit too bonkoz, but some of his physical comedy is superb (getting the cement in the washing machine, putting a tv in his boot, taking a power shower etc). Elaine can be dull.

175625[/snapback]

I would like :D

175615[/snapback]

175625[/snapback]

175628[/snapback]

She looks fantastic on the DVD covers :D

175615[/snapback]

175625[/snapback]

175628[/snapback]

She looks fantastic on the DVD covers :D

175631[/snapback]

She's lush man!

Extras was on last night.

That's canny funny.

175649[/snapback]

Aye, very underrated as an actor, too. The critics who said they couldn't tell Andy Millman and David Brent apart want shooting.

One of them has a goatee for a start...

The girlfriend just flicked on the TV, first time I've seen Alf Stewart in years, first words out of his mouth?

"Stone the flamin' crows." :D

The man is a legend!

Not keen on scrubs mainly because i cannot stand a couple of the actors.

How about Shameless? Its brilliant,  i havent seen al of them so must get around to getting the ones i missed. Also been enjoying 'Sorted'

OR

Sugar Rush

Six feet under

Queer as folk

Im going to order the complete compilation DVD of cold feet too, that was such a good series.

At the moment ive been watching all Ray Mear's Bushcraft episodes that i missed first time round :D

175577[/snapback]

I completely forgot about Shameless, top notch telly. Sugar Rush is ok in a" throw-a-way, don't take it as a deep and meaningful series" kind of way. Missed it last night but the two episodes before were a bit shite.

Edited by The Mighty Hog

From readin this thread:

Sima is right Scrubs is great

Gemmil is also right that OZ is worth downloading and describing it as graphic is possibly an understatement!

The people who said Green Wing, Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm are great are also correct!

The above is all fact not opinion and there will be no argument about it! :D

Also people should watch Robot Chicken if they want to try something a bit different to programmes mentioned on here, its not a programme many people seem to have seen.