anyone live in Chester-Le-Street

themags

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Dart is canny good for getting into Dublin tbs tbs, but the eireann is canny shoite.

178048[/snapback]

Train every 40 minutes? GREAT. We have the LUAS now, of course, which arrived years late and caused more problems than it solved by many accounts.

Taxis all the way for me the last few years in Dublin, couldn't be bothered talking to peasants and the taxi drivers are usually a good laugh.

That pathetic green piece of shit for an excuse of a train in Dublin is the slowest thing on Earth! I can walk faster backwards tbs tbs. Actually transport in Dublin is beyond a joke.

178033[/snapback]

The DART (Dublin Area Rapid :lol: Transit), aye, it's shit. We make a good go of a piss up in a brewery, but that's where we draw the line. Dublin will be a car park in a few years, and the spaces will cost more than the US national debt.

Where were you in Dublin, MM? I'll give you a few routes to take on the night bus if you want the authentic skanger experience.

178043[/snapback]

I stayed up near Parnell Square, mate. I reckon Dublin's alright for getting around on foot fortunately, though I'd get in a taxi if I was going anywhere near that bit near Croke Park. Rough as fucking nuts up there.

The Dart is canny good for getting into Dublin tbs tbs, but the eireann is canny shoite.

178048[/snapback]

Train every 40 minutes? GREAT. We have the LUAS now, of course, which arrived years late and caused more problems than it solved by many accounts.

Taxis all the way for me the last few years in Dublin, couldn't be bothered talking to peasants and the taxi drivers are usually a good laugh.

178050[/snapback]

Aye the taxi drivers are good entertainment. Ours was hurling abuse at the Waterford, Kerry etc 'bumkins' from his driver window. Quality. :lol:

That pathetic green piece of shit for an excuse of a train in Dublin is the slowest thing on Earth! I can walk faster backwards tbs tbs. Actually transport in Dublin is beyond a joke.

178033[/snapback]

The DART (Dublin Area Rapid :lol: Transit), aye, it's shit. We make a good go of a piss up in a brewery, but that's where we draw the line. Dublin will be a car park in a few years, and the spaces will cost more than the US national debt.

Where were you in Dublin, MM? I'll give you a few routes to take on the night bus if you want the authentic skanger experience.

178043[/snapback]

Blatantly copied off the BART (Bay Area Rapid Transport) by the sound of things.

178047[/snapback]

Missed a trick not calling it the 'Francisco Area Rapid Transit tbh.

I stayed up near Parnell Square, mate. I reckon Dublin's alright for getting around on foot fortunately, though I'd get in a taxi if I was going anywhere near that bit near Croke Park. Rough as fucking nuts up there.

178051[/snapback]

Not the Comfort Inn by any chance? Not the best area, though it's improving. The locals call it little Africa, they're very evolved around there. :lol:

178051[/snapback]

Not the Comfort Inn by any chance? Not the best area, though it's improving. The locals call it little Africa, they're very evolved around there. :razz:

178057[/snapback]

Nah it was just up the road from there though. Just a b&b for us as per usual. Gonna make a point of venturing outside of Dublin next time though..maybe even as far as Maithe! :lol:

The other 2 clubs are chicago rock and studio at the top end of the front street. Both infinetly better than crocs (now gravity). But chesters and glo bar both have late licences too.

178063[/snapback]

I wouldn't class Chicago Rock as a club like, I can see where you're coming from with Studio though.

Glo is just an extension of Crocs aswell really.

The other 2 clubs are chicago rock and studio at the top end of the front street. Both infinetly better than crocs (now gravity). But chesters and glo bar both have late licences too.

178063[/snapback]

I wouldn't class Chicago Rock as a club like, I can see where you're coming from with Studio though.

178065[/snapback]

They all sound shit tbf.

Nah it was just up the road from there though. Just a b&b for us as per usual. Gonna make a point of venturing outside of Dublin next time though..maybe even as far as Maithe! :lol:

178064[/snapback]

Have you been to Galway? Best night out in Ireland, I reckon, although it can be rough enough. The Guards seem afraid to do anything about the gyppos.

Just thought it might be the Comfort Inn, because when you book online a lot of the sites have it appear near the top, which I think's fairly funny as I wouldn't want to be some clueless Yank tourist wandering around there after dark.

178063[/snapback]

178065[/snapback]

They all sound shit tbf.

178068[/snapback]

:lol: The names are a giveaway

178064[/snapback]

Have you been to Galway? Best night out in Ireland, I reckon, although it can be rough enough. The Guards seem afraid to do anything about the gyppos.

Just thought it might be the Comfort Inn, because when you book online a lot of the sites have it appear near the top, which I think's fairly funny as I wouldn't want to be some clueless Yank tourist wandering around there after dark.

178069[/snapback]

Gallway's on the hitlist like as my mates dad's from there originally so it often crops up. I heard it was a belting night too, aswell as having beautiful scenery.

Incidentally, I hope youre not from Waterford as all the girls from there looked like John Mills in Ryan's Daughter.

178063[/snapback]

178065[/snapback]

They all sound shit tbf.

178068[/snapback]

They are. The only way Chester can be entertaining is if you're paralytic.

Nah it was just up the road from there though. Just a b&b for us as per usual. Gonna make a point of venturing outside of Dublin next time though..maybe even as far as Maithe! :razz:

178064[/snapback]

178069[/snapback]

Gallway's on the hitlist like as my mates dad's from there originally so it often crops up. I heard it was a belting night too, aswell as having beautiful scenery.

Incidentally, I hope youre not from Waterford as all the girls from there looked like John Mills in Ryan's Daughter.

178074[/snapback]

:lol:

178074[/snapback]

Spent 3 months a year living there during my teens, so I'm well familiar with them. Bit scary, like. :lol:

You can't really beat Galway. Big enough not to be totally fucking inbred, but enough circus freaks to "keep it real ", good night out, beautiful drives for hours around, fuck all to do but drink, but that's Ireland. Best looking women down there too, as long as the accents not too thick.

Don't really see the attraction of Dublin, especially for English people, it is basically West Britain.

178063[/snapback]

178065[/snapback]

This much I know as I have lived here for 24 years. Chicago is a club, it plays music and its open til 3am. Glo is built onto crocs but its a seperate bar, with its own entrance and its own bar staff, door staff etc.

178063[/snapback]

178065[/snapback]

This much I know as I have lived here for 24 years. Chicago is a club, it plays music and its open til 3am. Glo is built onto crocs but its a seperate bar, with its own entrance and its own bar staff, door staff etc.

178129[/snapback]

Just because it plays music and stays open late doesn't mean it's a club. It barely even has a dancefloor for fucks sake.

178063[/snapback]

178065[/snapback]

178129[/snapback]

Just because it plays music and stays open late doesn't mean it's a club. It barely even has a dancefloor for fucks sake.

178144[/snapback]

if its anything like the chicago rock in swansea it certainly aint no club. Just a place where divorcees/widowers/greeks/slappers can pull each other while grinding along to a kajagoogoo tribute band.

178063[/snapback]

178065[/snapback]

178129[/snapback]

178144[/snapback]

if its anything like the chicago rock in swansea it certainly aint no club. Just a place where divorcees/widowers/greeks/slappers can pull each other while grinding along to a kajagoogoo tribute band.

178167[/snapback]

:lol:

"I hate the Greeks! They invented gayness!"

Father Ted RIP

So what exactly is your definition of a nightclub? If it sells booze, stays open til 3am, plays music, has a dancefloor and doorstaff, to me its a club.

178189[/snapback]

First of all the full name of it SHOULD NOT include the word 'cafe', second of all dancefloor should be larger than three foot square and third of all it shouldn't have tables and chairs solely for meals. Face it, it's a bar with a late license.

Anyway, you don't get pissed so your opinion of what constitues a club or not is null and void :lol:

So what exactly is your definition of a nightclub? If it sells booze, stays open til 3am, plays music, has a dancefloor and doorstaff, to me its a club.

178189[/snapback]

First of all the full name of it SHOULD NOT include the word 'cafe', second of all dancefloor should be larger than three foot square and third of all it shouldn't have tables and chairs solely for meals. Face it, it's a bar with a late license.

Anyway, you don't get pissed so your opinion of what constitues a club or not is null and void :lol:

178196[/snapback]

case is closed tbh