Kuyt's Dream Club

Guest Patrokles

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rafael Benitez is on the verge of landing Dutch striker Dirk Kuyt after Liverpool agreed a fee with Feyenoord for his transfer. 

The 26 year old, who played for Holland in their 4-0 victory over Republic of Ireland in Dublin last night, will undergo a medical on Merseyside before completing his switch to Anfield.

"For me, Liverpool is sure to be the dream club I was looking for," explained Kuyt.

"There was more interest from abroad, but for me there was nothing of the calibre of Liverpool, a brilliant club with an enormous reputation, fantastic support and a fabulous history. It is an honour to play for a club like that."

Feyenoord were desperate to keep their prolific striker in Holland but fully understand his decision to begin a new career with the five times European champions.

"We did everything we could to keep Dirk at Feyenoord," said Chairman Jorien Van den Herik. "We went a long way to doing that and Dirk was open to that, but we knew that the chance was he would leave if his dream club came in. Liverpool is his dream club.

"Many clubs have tried to contact Dirk over the recent period, but he's said no to clubs every time because they were not appealing enough despite there being many renowned clubs among them. That characterises Dirk's attitude: either Feyenoord or my dream club."

from Liverpool’s official site.

Has Benitez got some sort of striker fetish

Bellend, Crouch, Fowler, Sinema-Pongolle,mellor, letallec  and now he wants Kuyt..

That's just bloody greedy....

179511[/snapback]

Edited for truth. <_<

Has Benitez got some sort of striker fetish

Bellend, Crouch, Fowler, Sinema-Pongolle, Luis Garcia and now he wants Kuyt..

That's just bloody greedy....

179511[/snapback]

It seems a bit unfair. They've got strikers aplenty. We've got Shola. And Luque who's really a winger. We definitely needed Dirk Diggler more than they did - can't they just let us have him? Scouse bstards. Shouldn't think Fowler will get much of a look-in, mind.

It's going to be bags of fun watching Bellend and Dirk running rings around out defence this season.

Benitez has the last laugh. Was pressured by his board to buy Owen even though he didn't really want him, can now quite rightly give a big 'hy hold you so' to his board as Owen is fucked for the seaon and he has Bellamy and Kuyt. Ho hum.

Benitez has the last laugh. Was pressured by his board to buy Owen even though he didn't really want him, can now quite rightly give a big 'hy hold you so' to his board as Owen is fucked for the seaon and he has Bellamy and Kuyt. Ho hum.

179584[/snapback]

I was thinking the same thing - the Bellamy factor and the fact that they've got themselves a potentially devastating strike duo makes it all even worse. To be quite honest, I hope Bellamy goes back to being injured as often as Owen is.

We need an early goal Saturday like, the longer it's 0-0 on Saturday the more likely those scarfs are to be on the pitch. Huge pressure on Shola now like, because I reckon the stick he'll get now will be unbefuckinglievable if he's our main striker.

Shola will NEVER win over a lot of our support now. Doesn't matter if he scores, if his first touch from the restart is poor, people will be calling him a useless prick. I don't think he's good enough, but it's sad that he'll never get any credit from some people.

Bloody hell, our club is an absolute mess.

179579[/snapback]

At least when we were finishing 14th/13th in the table we had a player like Shearer always to count on who attracted players to come here to play in the same team as him keeping our dream alive to be back in th top flight. It was essential to get someone of the same caliber and Kuyt looked to be that kind of player we needed to replace him.

Now though, what option do we have? We're fucked basically. All we can do is hope that Dyer stays fit and Shola is consistent so we can use them up front. I think we had more of a chance at signing Kuyt than that happening this season...!

We need an early goal Saturday like, the longer it's 0-0 on Saturday the more likely those scarfs are to be on the pitch. Huge pressure on Shola now like, because I reckon the stick he'll get now will be unbefuckinglievable if he's our main striker.

179591[/snapback]

That's dead true, Shola basically being hung out to dry. I know he's not good enough etc. but neither Shearer nor Owen could effectively play the loan striker role either (assuming we go 4-5-1).

Thing is as well, Shola didn't have that opperation on his hip this summer, I can pretty much guarantee it'll come back and he'll be carrying it for a couple of months before finally having to declare himself injured.

Mickey Bridges, on the last day of the transfer window, FACT.

Bloody hell, our club is an absolute mess.

179579[/snapback]

At least when we were finishing 14th/13th in the table we had a player like Shearer always to count on who attracted players to come here to play in the same team as him keeping our dream alive to be back in th top flight. It was essential to get someone of the same caliber and Kuyt looked to be that kind of player we needed to replace him.

Now though, what option do we have? We're fucked basically. All we can do is hope that Dyer stays fit and Shola is consistent so we can use them up front. I think we had more of a chance at signing Kuyt than that happening this season...!

179594[/snapback]

I've been saying for a while that my big fear when Shearer retired was that we would become one of those clubs like a Villa where every summer they're looking for their next striker because the last one couldn't cut it. And every summer they buy another donkey, the fans get their hopes up.....and he turns out to be turd. We've been spoilt for years with Shearer, taking it for granted that we'd always have this bloke up front who would score pretty much every chance he got and now we're just another football team who has to go back to taking chances on people that may or may not make it. <_<

It's Martins or bust for us now surely, unless we bite the bullet and get someone like that Nugent lad in. Whether either of them are good enough is anyone's guess. We've spent so long scouting Kuyt he HAS to have been our first choice of what's left. Now he's gone, I really don't know what Roeder's gonna do.

It's so bloody grim - the more I think about it the more pissed off I am. Season not yet begun and it's almost a write-off. Martins signing seems unlikely but it's essential now. The only ray of hope. There just don't seem to be any more targets.

What a cock up. We're almost cetainly bound to start the season in typically woeful Newcastle style now, with one point from four games or something crap.

Doomed I tell thee. Shola as lone striker, 4-5-1.

Some things in life are bad,

They can really make you mad,

Other things just make you swear and curse,

When you're chewing life's gristle,

Don't grumble,

Give a whistle

And this'll help things turn out for the best.

And...

ALL TOGETHER NOW!

Some things in life are bad,

They can really make you mad,

Other things just make you swear and curse,

When you're chewing life's gristle,

Don't grumble,

Give a whistle

And this'll help things turn out for the best.

And...

ALL TOGETHER NOW!

179605[/snapback]

Always look on the bright side of life!

Da da! Da, da da, da, d,a da!

Take a look at that shite in red & white at the stadium of plight!

Da da! Da, da da, da, d,a da! <_<

[conspiracy]All set up for Shearer to return as saviour once it goes tits up with a big transfer kitty[/conspiracy]

179614[/snapback]

He'll be fatter than Shepherd by the end of the season tbh. I can just see him stood in the dugout like a little baldy barrel. <_<