Rossi On Loan

Tooj

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand some of the comments on here about loaning players from Man Utd but I think you are getting an awesome prospect here.

I can't understand Fergie on this one and think he's taking a massive uneccessary risk.

His current strikers are Louis 'balsa wood' Saha, Wayne 'Mr Suspeneded' Rooney, Ole 'out for 2 years' Gunner & Alan ' Broken leg' Smith.

The real danger here for Fergie is that Rossi is a massive success with you. It's OK saying as some on here are, that even if he does well, he just goes back to Man Utd with more experience, but life's not as simple as that.

It's the players that call the shots today.

Picture the scenario, Rossi has an awesome few months with you. The fans take him to their hearts and demand Fat Fred tries to buy him. The kid is made up with the adulation he's getting on Tyneside and wants to stay. Lord Ferg says 'no' your'e coming back to OT to play in the reserves and understudy Rooney!

Rossi spits his dummy out, gets his agent demanding the transfer etc, he'll end up getting the move he wants, particularly with Rooney being so young.

IMO this kid will be top class with a bit more experience under his belt.

190449[/snapback]

Have you just come up with the most unlikely scenario you could?

"Rossi, you can sign for Newcastle and play with Sibierski and Bernard, or go back to Man United and play in the CL. Up to you mate....."

We've only got him for three months. A prospect is not what we're looking for.

190451[/snapback]

Did you read the rest of his post, like? :nufc:

190462[/snapback]

Aye, but that's all if's and but's. He'll spend three months here and go back to ManUre. If he does well they'll want him back, if he does poorly we'll say 'Whey, it's only 4 months until Owen gets back. Thanks Sir Alex but no thanks'.

Aye, but that's all if's and but's. He'll spend three months here and go back to ManUre. If he does well they'll want him back, if he does poorly we'll say 'Whey, it's only 4 months until Owen gets back. Thanks Sir Alex but no thanks'.

190470[/snapback]

That's better.

"Rossi, you can sign for Newcastle and play with Sibierski and Bernard, or go back to Man United and play in the CL. Up to you mate....."

Two ways of looking at that, Gol.

Do you want stay and play EPL football with the Toon or go back and play for Man Utd reserves with the occasional outing when Rooney's injured or suspended.

The lad's been kicked in the balls at OT this season. After promises from Fergie about more first team chances he's been shunted back behind the returning Ole.

I reckon he'll choose first team football wherever he can get it and I don't see him edging Rooney out for a little while yet :nufc:

Do you want stay and play EPL football with the Toon or go back and play for Man Utd reserves with the occasional outing when Rooney's injured or suspended.

The lad's been kicked in the balls at OT this season. After promises from Fergie about more first team chances he's been shunted back behind the returning Ole.

I reckon he'll choose first team football wherever he can get it and I don't see him edging Rooney out for a little while yet :nufc:

190491[/snapback]

Then our best option is to extend the loan, no?

Either way, if he's as good as you claim, there is ZERO chance of him coming here permanently.

Either way, if he's as good as you claim, there is ZERO chance of him coming here permanently.

190496[/snapback]

Unless he's suffering from the same illness as Duff.

190491[/snapback]

190496[/snapback]

Gol, I'm not saying he's a 'great' player yet. The kid is young and inexperienced but he's as good a prospect as I've seen for a long long time.

If he does mature into the player I think he will, then extending his loan period will be counter-productive for you. His value will just go up and up the more experience he gets.

If you like what you see early doors then your best move would be to pull out every stop to buy him in January before you increase his value further.