Rossi On Loan

Tooj

Sir Alex Ferguson has spent the past 48 hours weighing up requests from Newcastle, Blackburn Rovers and West Bromwich Albion to borrow the 19-year-old striker and has seemingly decided Rossi will fare best under Glenn Roeder's management.

During a conversation with Ferguson this week Roeder stressed his excellent record in developing young players such as Joe Cole, Michael Carrick and Jermain Defoe at West Ham United, and he has apparently persuaded Ferguson to do business.

Ooh, perhaps not the panic we thought. We went for him 2 days ago :lol:

188230[/snapback]

Oliver?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sir Alex Ferguson has spent the past 48 hours weighing up requests from Newcastle, Blackburn Rovers and West Bromwich Albion to borrow the 19-year-old striker and has seemingly decided Rossi will fare best under Glenn Roeder's management.

During a conversation with Ferguson this week Roeder stressed his excellent record in developing young players such as Joe Cole, Michael Carrick and Jermain Defoe at West Ham United, and he has apparently persuaded Ferguson to do business.

Ooh, perhaps not the panic we thought. We went for him 2 days ago :lol:

188230[/snapback]

Oliver?

188233[/snapback]

The Guardian

i don't think this move is that bad considering the situation we've found ourselves in - it's not like we're going to prise a top quality striker away from a top club with less than 24 hours of the window left.

he's obviously not the striker with a bit of presence that we all wanted but he could prove to be a useful stop gap. man u fans seem to rate him and at least he isn't viduka.

my biggest gripe is with the chairman. why does he leave it so late every fucking window? you'd think he'd learn from his mistakes. leave it till the last minute and you end up chasing other clubs' rejects.

i don't think this move is that bad considering the situation we've found ourselves in - it's not like we're going to prise a top quality striker away from a top club with less than 24 hours of the window left.

he's obviously not the striker with a bit of presence that we all wanted but he could prove to be a useful stop gap. man u fans seem to rate him and at least he isn't viduka.

my biggest gripe is with the chairman. why does he leave it so late every fucking window? you'd think he'd learn from his mistakes. leave it till the last minute and you end up chasing other clubs' rejects.

188238[/snapback]

Viduka could do a job here, reckon he'd do well alongside Martins.

188238[/snapback]

188239[/snapback]

:lol:

188238[/snapback]

188239[/snapback]

Aye, wouldn't be too upset to see him like.

188238[/snapback]

188239[/snapback]

howay man - you wouldn't have said that a few months ago shirley? he's fat and only plays when he can be arsed.

this rossi lad, although unproven, will be eager and champing to prove he's good enough. he might surprise us....and if he does well we might have an option to buy him. or would that be assuming we had a chairman with half a brain cell?

Milner to Villa and Nugent to us later today.

188247[/snapback]

What about Cole? :lol:

188250[/snapback]

Can I point out that it was Arsenal fans claiming that, not me ;)

188253[/snapback]

Still awaiting your source, or is it just a good old fashioned hunch. ;)

Milner to Villa and Nugent to us later today.

188247[/snapback]

What about Cole? :lol:

188250[/snapback]

Can I point out that it was Arsenal fans claiming that, not me ;)

188253[/snapback]

Still awaiting your source, or is it just a good old fashioned hunch. ;)

188257[/snapback]

The Independent.

Have to say like, I'm not sure where all the fuss is coming from in this thread. A move like this wouldn't have been my first choice a month ago, but at this stage of proceedings I'm not too bothered by it. I also suspect that if this lad had gone somewhere else on loan and we hadn't tried to bring him here, that some of those complaining in this thread would be up in arms about it.

Not my first choice either, but havinbg Shola injured, Owen injured, Martins hopefully not injured and Luque who might as well be injured, I think it could be worth a shot when in the nxt window we can assess things again. Moving Luque on and/or bringing in a new forward.

this rossi lad, although unproven, will be eager and champing to prove he's good enough. he might surprise us....and if he does well we might have an option to buy him. or would that be assuming we had a chairman with half a brain cell?

188245[/snapback]

Aye its possible we could be suprised by the young fella...I have been impressed whenever i've seen him play (even tho thats only be a few times and against pretty gash opposition)

I don't think we'll have any chance in hell of signing the lad after the loan period. Definately one Fergie wants to hang on to it seems, and this loan is a fix to our striker problem and an easy way of gettin rossi games under his belt leaving fergie to sit back and let it happen and not be forced to do something he wouldn't wanna do.

We'll see tho....Our super light weight number 1 great fun time striker force aint gonna do the business against rock defences....if rossi and martins play together...Although old femi is quite a strong 'un

Have to say like, I'm not sure where all the fuss is coming from in this thread.  A move like this wouldn't have been my first choice a month ago, but at this stage of proceedings I'm not too bothered by it.  I also suspect that if this lad had gone somewhere else on loan and we hadn't tried to bring him here, that some of those complaining in this thread would be up in arms about it.

188267[/snapback]

Can't speak for the others, but my main gripe is to do with the fact that club have left it all to the last minute to try and get this sorted and it smacks of "the only prospect we've got is one of the kids from Man Utd".

You said yourself that a month ago it wouldn't have been your first choice.

As an aside, I've heard that the person who recommended to Fergie that he comes to work under Glenn Roeder to get some experience is non other than Michael Carrick - the very man who left Newcastle as a young un as there was no prospects!

Oh, the irony..... :lol:

A lot of reactions seem to forget about Martins - if this was our only striker signing then off the deep end responses would be fair enough. I'd liked to have seen something else but I don't see too much wrong with the deal per se.

188238[/snapback]

I'll agree with that though my main problem with the deal is that its only until Jan, not a full season and four months is obviously not long enough for Roeder to decide which striker to sign.