Rossi On Loan

Tooj

Forssell did well last season like! :lol:

188200[/snapback]

He was sh*te last season, but the inital season where Birmingham took him on loan, he was excellent. To me this just as likely to go that way, than say a Carlton Cole to Charlton type thing. Worth the risk that's for sure.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

188200[/snapback]

He was sh*te last season, but the inital season where Birmingham took him on loan, he was excellent. To me this just as likely to go that way, than say a Carlton Cole to Charlton type thing. Worth the risk that's for sure.

188203[/snapback]

It's not the move, or the player. It's the timing. Just stinks of panic. Plus the fact that it's maybe hitting home that we're a lot smaller than we were a few years ago, when we actually competed with Man United.

Forssell did well last season like! ;)

188200[/snapback]

188203[/snapback]

So you're accepting that we're now on a level playing field with the likes of Birmingham and Charlton are you? :lol:

It's the backwards move in terms of ambition I have a real problem with.

188200[/snapback]

188203[/snapback]

I rather risk £4million on Nugent that have four months of babysitting someone else's kid.

188200[/snapback]

188203[/snapback]

So you're accepting that we're now on a level playing field with the likes of Birmingham and Charlton are you? :lol:

188205[/snapback]

I remember at the time a lot of Newcastle fans wondering why we didn't go for him back then. What's changed from wanting a Chelsea outcast, to wanting a Man Utd one?

188200[/snapback]

188203[/snapback]

188205[/snapback]

I remember at the time a lot of Newcastle fans wondering why we didn't go for him back then. What's changed from wanting a Chelsea outcast, to wanting a Man Utd one?

188208[/snapback]

People wanted him AFTER he'd been a success at Birmingham; Rossi has done nothing. I've no doubt that one day he'll be a fantastic player, but he's not the player we need before January.

Still, it gives Glenn more time to scout Kuyt.

Some quotes off their forum

'SSN breaking news. What a fuckin joke.'

'Good for Rossi, I hope we will play a lot of minutes there. Rossi > Ameobi, Martins'

'

188209[/snapback]

And the others, which say it's a good move because he'll never get in their team?

Newcastle fans wanted to sign Forssell, not loan him! In the same respect a lot of us wanted Gudjohnsen this summer who also, it seems, had become somewhat of an outcast.

We need permanent acquisitions tbh, not be a fucking merry-go-round wih someone new getting on every time the music stops!

Newcastle fans wanted to sign Forssell, not loan him! In the same respect a lot of us wanted Gudjohnsen this summer who also, it seems, had become somewhat of an outcast.

We need permanent acquisitions tbh, not be a fucking merry-go-round wih someone new getting on every time the music stops!

188212[/snapback]

By the time Rossi goes back to Man U, Owen will only be a few months away from coming back. If anything, it's just buying a bit of time until that happens. I can't see anything wrong with this deal whatsoever. Who's to say there'll not be another one in tomorrow anyway?

'Great news for Barcodes.You wouldn't loan a player to a rival club unless they have the option to buy.'

'Good for Rossi, I hope we will play a lot of minutes there. Rossi > Ameobi, Martins'

'it is great that he will get premiership experience. Hope they it doesn't lead to a permanent deal though.'

'I for one am absolutely disgusted by this'

'I think Rossi is an immense talent who I've watched for the last 2-3 seasons light up our reserves'

'The Newastle fans don't realise what a talent they have landed - albeit on a temporary basis.

Mind you, I can understand why they are annoyed because it does make a clear statement as to where they fit on the football food chain in relation to us.'

'I wonder if they'll have a stadium full of replica shirt wearing plebs tomorrow fawning over him? Live on SkySports of course'

188212[/snapback]

By the time Rossi goes back to Man U, Owen will only be a few months away from coming back. If anything, it's just buying a bit of time until that happens. I can't see anything wrong with this deal whatsoever. Who's to say there'll not be another one in tomorrow anyway?

188218[/snapback]

You're having a fucking giggle there like. He's out for another year!

188212[/snapback]

188218[/snapback]

Try 6, minimum...

He's done the anterior cruciate, not the medial ligament remember! :lol:

'Great news for Barcodes.You wouldn't loan a player to a rival club unless they have the option to buy.'

'it is great that he will get premiership experience. Hope they it doesn't lead to a permanent deal though.'

'I think Rossi is an immense talent who I've watched for the last 2-3 seasons light up our reserves'

'The Newastle fans don't realise what a talent they have landed - albeit on a temporary basis.

Mind you, I can understand why they are annoyed because it does make a clear statement as to where they fit on the football food chain in relation to us.'

'I wonder if they'll have a stadium full of replica shirt wearing plebs tomorrow fawning over him? Live on SkySports of course'

188219[/snapback]

Funny how you've chopped some of them, like the ones saying he's looked lightweight and missed sitters recently?

188219[/snapback]

You cutting and pasting Gol's earlier post? :lol:

:lol:

Even so, one stop-gap until January, another until June...let's be realistic, we can't afford to splash out on another permanent player, especially when that player in 12 months time will probably be warming the bench.

188225[/snapback]

So in January, we'll loan someone else? Perhaps Liverpool have a youngster who needs first team experience?

Sir Alex Ferguson has spent the past 48 hours weighing up requests from Newcastle, Blackburn Rovers and West Bromwich Albion to borrow the 19-year-old striker and has seemingly decided Rossi will fare best under Glenn Roeder's management.

During a conversation with Ferguson this week Roeder stressed his excellent record in developing young players such as Joe Cole, Michael Carrick and Jermain Defoe at West Ham United, and he has apparently persuaded Ferguson to do business.

Ooh, perhaps not the panic we thought. We went for him 2 days ago :lol:

188219[/snapback]

You cutting and pasting Gol's earlier post? :lol:

188226[/snapback]

didnt see it