Purely a rumour but....

peasepud

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how true that is like, but if we were to sell N'Zogbia...to fucking Spurs of all teams...there would be fucking hell on.

You're right but if he wants to go, he'll go. Does anyone know if he's signed that contract yet btw?

In the unlikely event that this is true, 2 of them ARE pretty much to blame anyway and would be no miss whatsoever .... B)

Which two do you see as the culprits then? seeing as only Emre and Zog played from that 5 on Saturday and imo neither had a bad game. EDIT: rather than neither had a bad game, Id prefer to say neither were as shit as half their teammates.

While I would sell Emre, I don't think Luque and Babayaro have done much for the club mate, do you ?

I wasn't talking about saturday or any one game, just their worth to the club and how I see their future value, or not.

I tend not to believe any of these rumours, however it is a fact that a club that is struggling will be having problems behind the scenes, this is natural because of the bad results. I would find it hard to believe that the same group of players that did so well for Roeder last season have turned so quickly, unless - as was suggested in another thread - that Shearer was a bigger, and more positive influence than has been thought.

Which then brings in the question, will bringing Shearer back as Roeders right hand man be such a shit move as some people think ?

Not sure how true that is like, but if we were to sell N'Zogbia...to fucking Spurs of all teams...there would be fucking hell on.

I give you Gazza and Waddle. 2 Geordie lads who couldn't get away quickly enough, but that is when we had a shit board - Zoggy will go one day because he is a foreigner, like all foreigners leave us eventually. Unless we get back the Keegan feeling to the club.

I give you Gazza and Waddle. 2 Geordie lads who couldn't get away quickly enough, but that is when we had a shit board - Zoggy will go one day because he is a foreigner, like all foreigners leave us eventually. Unless we get back the Keegan feeling to the club.

Yes, that was when we had a shit board. B)

Precisely. Why else would 2 local lads want to go to such a shit club like Spurs.

Precisely. Why else would 2 local lads want to go to such a shit club like Spurs.

I bet Parker wishes he went to Spurs and Duff will probably feel the same way soon, if not already.

Just been talking to a mate who has a friend that bumped into (literally) Solano on Saturday night, they got talking and he asked why he wasnt playing on Saturday to which Nobby ranted for ten minutes about Roeder and how he hasnt got a clue what hes doing, crux of the matter is (allegedly) that the foreign players are being blamed by Roeder and Fat Fred for everything that goes wrong and seemingly there are 5 of them with transfer requests in.

Nobby, Charlie, Luque, Emre & Babba.

Like I say, not sure at all on the source and only time will tell if thats true but it seems plausible and a worrying thought which sadly, fits in with Freddys vision for a Geordie (or at least English) team.

Hmmmm IF it was true and we had "little Englander (Geordielander??)" mentality running rampant, why would they have spent another 10 mill on another foreigner ?????????????

I bet Parker wishes he went to Spurs and Duff will probably feel the same way soon, if not already.

Possibly.

But they are not local lads with an emotional attachment, which is a different thing entirely. Add Beardsley to those 2 BTW, and Bryan Pop Robson a decade and a half earlier, who went to West Ham, of all fucking clubs, for the same reason.

You also have a short memory, the only reason Spurs are better off than us now - and over the last 18 months - is because they appointed a manager doing a good job, for the first time in almost 20 years, Venables being the only decent one they have had since Keith Burkinshaw, ironically someone who also left Newcastle for reasons of ambition. But now, according to some, they "have a good board" again...... :lol: ...... as I have said, nobody complained about our board when we were playing in the CL....

Guest Patrokles

The whole Roeder hates foreigners thing doesn't really tally with the evidence, though. I get criticised for the occasional positive sentiment, contrary to all evidence, but the same goes for negative stuff too. It's just an easy brush to tar a Newcastle manager with. The exception of Parker aside, the players Roeder's praised most have been the foreign ones, and he's obviously fairly pissed off with Titus, who isn't foreign.

Just been talking to a mate who has a friend that bumped into (literally) Solano on Saturday night, they got talking and he asked why he wasnt playing on Saturday to which Nobby ranted for ten minutes about Roeder and how he hasnt got a clue what hes doing, crux of the matter is (allegedly) that the foreign players are being blamed by Roeder and Fat Fred for everything that goes wrong and seemingly there are 5 of them with transfer requests in.

Like I say, not sure at all on the source and only time will tell if thats true but it seems plausible and a worrying thought which sadly, fits in with Freddys vision for a Geordie (or at least English) team.

Hmmmm IF it was true and we had "little Englander (Geordielander??)" mentality running rampant, why would they have spent another 10 mill on another foreigner ?????????????

Because we had 9 other bids for English strikers turned down?

IE, desperation, not planning.

Guest Patrokles

But then if we were desperate to buy English we would have just gone for Nugent.

Possibly.

But they are not local lads with an emotional attachment, which is a different thing entirely. Add Beardsley to those 2 BTW, and Bryan Pop Robson a decade and a half earlier, who went to West Ham, of all fucking clubs, for the same reason.

You also have a short memory, the only reason Spurs are better off than us now - and over the last 18 months - is because they appointed a manager doing a good job, for the first time in almost 20 years, Venables being the only decent one they have had since Keith Burkinshaw, ironically someone who also left Newcastle for reasons of ambition. But now, according to some, they "have a good board" again...... :lol: ...... as I have said, nobody complained about our board when we were playing in the CL....

I don't get your point really, I'm saying they probably regret going to Spurs, which you even agree is possible. It wasn't a dig at Shepherd and if you won't so obsessed with him and how great he is compared to Mckeag, Seymour et al you'd realise how irrelevent the above post is. Usual fare though.

Michael Owen wasn't planning ?

Duff isn't planning ?

Parker wasn't planning ?

New contract for Given isn't planning ?

Do you think the club should have went into the season with only Ameobi and Luque or not ? Do you not consider bidding for 9 English players a serious attempt to improve the team ? What do you think they should have then done, bid more money and paid more than they think a player is worth - again ?

Possibly.

I don't get your point really, I'm saying they probably regret going to Spurs, which you even agree is possible. It wasn't a dig at Shepherd and if you won't so obsessed with him and how great he is compared to Mckeag, Seymour et al you'd realise how irrelevent the above post is. Usual fare though.

Whats irrelevant about it ? Do you think Shearer regrets signing for Newcastle ? The fact is they were impressed with Newcastle more at the time, something must have impressed them, but I realise such a thought won't fit with your obsession to knock the club whatever they do. As usual.

Duff isn't planning ?

Parker wasn't planning ?

Do you think the club should have went into the season with only Ameobi and Luque or not ? Do you not consider bidding for 9 English players a serious attempt to improve the team ? What do you think they should have then done, bid more money and paid more than they think a player is worth - again ?

Owen was available - we were alerted to that. Reactional, rather than planning.

Damien Duff was signed only after we heard Spurs wanted him. Reactional, rather than planning.

Same could probably be said for Parker.

Luque was bought despite the fact that the manager was desperate to sign Boa Morte. I don't see that as planning either.

We tried to sign Huth AFTER he'd agreed to sign for Boro. Good planning?

The whole thing is a fucking shambles. I agree that we shouldn't be shafted for price, but I'm tired of pointing out to you just who we could have signed in this transfer market for less than what we spent, and had a much better squad for it.

Possibly.

Whats irrelevant about it ? Do you think Shearer regrets signing for Newcastle ? The fact is they were impressed with Newcastle more at the time, something must have impressed them, but I realise such a thought won't fit with your obsession to knock the club whatever they do. As usual.

I tell it as I see it mate, I think we're in a state. We messed up badly in the transfer window and we're seeing the results already imo. Re: Shearer - if we were trying to sign him now (we're light years behind where we were then) he may choose Man Utd/Chelsea instead. And who would blame him. Re: Duff and Parker, I think they probably came for more money. I think that's the only thing that makes us more attractive than Spurs now.

Possibly.

I tell it as I see it mate, I think we're in a state. We messed up badly in the transfer window and we're seeing the results already imo. Re: Shearer - if we were trying to sign him now (we're light years behind where we were then) he may choose Man Utd/Chelsea instead. And who would blame him. Re: Duff and Parker, I think they probably came for more money. I think that's the only thing that makes us more attractive than Spurs now.

I tell it as I see it as well. I don't think we have messed up in the transfer market if Martins is a success. I think the club reacted to the right areas of the team with the limited money it had, and reluctantly accept money was limited. There is no point in people complaining we didn't buy 2 defenders and 2 or 3 forwards or whatever, the dosh wasn't there at this time.

Possibly.

I tell it as I see it as well. I don't think we have messed up in the transfer market if Martins is a success. I think the club reacted to the right areas of the team with the limited money it had, and reluctantly accept money was limited. There is no point in people complaining we didn't buy 2 defenders and 2 or 3 forwards or whatever, the dosh wasn't there at this time.

I think we could have prioritised better but we've been through this before. If the money was limited though, how come we made a bid for Huth?

Duff isn't planning ?

Parker wasn't planning ?

Owen was available - we were alerted to that. Reactional, rather than planning.

Damien Duff was signed only after we heard Spurs wanted him. Reactional, rather than planning.

Same could probably be said for Parker.

Luque was bought despite the fact that the manager was desperate to sign Boa Morte. I don't see that as planning either.

We tried to sign Huth AFTER he'd agreed to sign for Boro. Good planning?

The whole thing is a fucking shambles. I agree that we shouldn't be shafted for price, but I'm tired of pointing out to you just who we could have signed in this transfer market for less than what we spent, and had a much better squad for it.

All signings are "reactional" if that is how you look at it. You can only buy them if the club is prepared to sell and you offer the asking price. That is why our "bids for 9 English players" were turned down. Do you accept or do you not accept the fact the club was attempting to "show planning" when bidding for 9 English players that were turned down.

I am tired of pointing to people like you that we can't sign every player you want the club to sign. You wanted Luque and Faye, you got them. Thats not too bad. Not many clubs could have shelled out 11m quid on 2 players on top of all the rest. Parker - and Emre - were actuall long term targets of the the scottish fuckpig [yes even he can't get everything wrong], that is planning. Owen and Duff were opportunites. If we had not bought them, someone else would have done. Sorry Gol but if you can't see this then you obviously have an obsession with slating the club whatever they do and need to see the bigger and more realistic picture.

I think it's wrong to criticise the board for getting Owen. It's gone to shit but the two injuries he got were unbelievably unlucky. Surely Duff (while an opportunity) was a bad move if it stopped us signing other players we needed though. Even if you ignore the defence, someone like Nugent for the same money would have been a better idea. Obviously he might not have come here and I do like Duff as a player.

I think we could have prioritised better but we've been through this before. If the money was limited though, how come we made a bid for Huth?

Pass. You tell me. I would say it is pushing the boat out and is commendable, maybe we could have went for him earlier, why didn't the smoggies also go for him earlier ? I think the proposed sale of Milner is interesting too, I fail to see how the club "messed him around". These things happen in football. If we wanted to buy Viduka and sell Milner to finance the deal, then Viduka falls through, then only an idiot would complete the sale of a player when you already have a thin squad. The Scottish fuckpig did this last year, offloading players without replacements and he rightly got slated for it. So what do you think they should do ?

Edited by LeazesMag