Bobby on our new signings

Gemmill

"Giuseppe Rossi is a player that Man United could afford to let go so how good he will be at Newcastle I don't know.

"Sibierski has come from Man City. Man City again seemed to be having problems up front.

"They have problems scoring goals freely and regularly, yet they can let Sibierski go to Newcastle.

"So, again, how good Sibierski is I don't know. Again we will have to give him a chance and see what happens.

"And, of course, they have invested a lot of money in Martins, who is not very big at all.

Hard to argue with him, and clear that he has the same concerns about our transfer window performance as the rest of us.

The line on Martins amused me for some reason. :lol:

"Giuseppe Rossi is a player that Man United could afford to let go so how good he will be at Newcastle I don't know.

"Sibierski has come from Man City. Man City again seemed to be having problems up front.

"They have problems scoring goals freely and regularly, yet they can let Sibierski go to Newcastle.

"So, again, how good Sibierski is I don't know. Again we will have to give him a chance and see what happens.

"And, of course, they have invested a lot of money in Martins, who is not very big at all.

Hard to argue with him, and clear that he has the same concerns about our transfer window performance as the rest of us.

Same height as Bellamy Bob, ye daft old get.

Edited by ChezGiven

it is hard to argue with him. he's probably as worried as we are about the season ahead.

good to see him making public comments - he must be on the mend then is he? the man is as tough as old boots. how many times has he battled off cancer now?

it is hard to argue with him. he's probably as worried as we are about the season ahead.

good to see him making public comments - he must be on the mend then is he? the man is as tough as old boots. how many times has he battled off cancer now?

He is like the terminator.

Think he on about us playing with width and Martins not being the tallest to get onto the crosses, but Martins jumps incredibly high from what I've seen in the past. Martins prefers playing through the middle which might be a problem cos we don't seem to have the players to supply him through the middle unless Emre bucks his idea's up.

I pretty much agree with SBR. But I was also amazed how high Martins can jump (although he lacks the physical composure IMHO to be a good header). But I think the comparison to Bellamy shows where the problem lies. Martins isn't one to lead the line, but more the supporting striker who should use his pace and skills alongside a big target man.

I pretty much agree with SBR. But I was also amazed how high Martins can jump (although he lacks the physical composure IMHO to be a good header). But I think the comparison to Bellamy shows where the problem lies. Martins isn't one to lead the line, but more the supporting striker who should use his pace and skills alongside a big target man.

Queue wor Shola!

Thats a worry if wor Bobby is worried about the signings. Robson has more credibility than soft lad Roeder will ever have in his life.

Edited by thenorthumbrian

Thats a worry if wor Bobby is worried about the signings. Robson has more credibility than soft lad Roeder will ever have in his life.

Bassedas, Gavilan, Viana, Cordone, Cort

Want me to continue?

Bassedas, Gavilan, Viana, Cordone, Cort

Want me to continue?

Fair comment but 3rd 4th and 5th place......think Roeder will ever get Newcastle into the top 6 because I don't.