Wii or XBOX 360

AgentFox

Wii or XBOX 360  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If money's an issue - Wii.

If you want a purely FUN console to play when you're mates are around - probably Wii.

If the graphics are all important to you - 360.

If you want an awful lot of pretty similar (though high quality) games - 360.

If you can find any way to get both, do. That's what I'm doing.

I think the Wii is going to be popular if people do litterally want something new and fun, the 360 seems to much like the original and a PS2 so bravo to nintendo for coming up with something original

Great innovators, the analogue stick on the 64 controller was the first, wasn't it? Their marketing in Europe is dodgy, though. I have a lasting impression with Nintendo consoles of a great machine that the supply of games always seemed to run thin on very quickly.

I think the Wii is going to be popular if people do litterally want something new and fun, the 360 seems to much like the original and a PS2 so bravo to nintendo for coming up with something original

Great innovators, the analogue stick on the 64 controller was the first, wasn't it? Their marketing in Europe is dodgy, though. I have a lasting impression with Nintendo consoles of a great machine that the supply of games always seemed to run thin on very quickly.

Originally in contact with Sony and helped develop the Playstation. Only when the Sega Mega CD bombed so much did Nintendo scrap a Cd-Rom addon

Edited by Sima

Dunno about the wii, but my reasons for not getting a X Box 360 was because I was going to wait for the PS3. Now I'm getting impatient, and the 360 has come down in price and I'm starting to get tempted by buying a 360. Should I, or should I wait for the PS3?

Dunno about the wii, but my reasons for not getting a X Box 360 was because I was going to wait for the PS3. Now I'm getting impatient, and the 360 has come down in price and I'm starting to get tempted by buying a 360. Should I, or should I wait for the PS3?

Any particular game that was making you wait for the PS3?

I'm disappointed with how much the Wii is costing tbh. Sure, it looks fun, but it's a glorified Gamecube in graphics terms with no HD and no DVD playing facilities - just a fancy control system. Not very next-generation for me, and as such it should have been cheaper. Like the £113 it costs in Japan...

As it is, it's within a tenner of a Core 360, which is too much IMO.

Edited by nufc4ever

I'm disappointed with how much the Wii is costing tbh. Sure, it looks fun, but it's a glorified Gamecube in graphics terms with no HD and no DVD playing facilities - just a fancy control system. Not very next-generation for me, and as such it should have been cheaper. Like the £113 it costs in Japan...

I do think its too expensive but the comparison with the other countries doesnt take everything into account. £113 in Japan without Wii Sports, so adding that knocks it up to say £150 which is what I was expecting. No DVD playing facilities mean jack all, you can pick up a DVD player for £20 now so whats the point.

Edited by luckypierre

Yeah, because that's what really matters.

Besides which the 360 core isn't high-def out of the box.

Edited by Sima

My point was for £180 I do want some next generation graphics, and a DVD player. You're basically paying £180 for Nintendo to design a controller for the Gamecube, albeit an innovative one.

I take the point about the Japanese Wii not having a game, but the principle remains; we're forced to spend that much.

How come it's only going to have the same graphical capability as the Gamecube? Or ar people saying that because it isn't HD compatible?

It's been reported as such by game critics I trust, and also in most of the videos i've seen.

How come it's only going to have the same graphical capability as the Gamecube? Or ar people saying that because it isn't HD compatible?

It's not, it's a fair wack more powerful than the GC, certainly more powerful than the Xbox graphically. Some people are saying the Wii is the only next generation console, the others just being graphical updates of existing systems.

EDIT: Most videos apart from the most recent have actually been of a GameCube running software to show off the control scheme before the Wii ahrdware was finalised by the way.

I don't think there's any point comparing the price to the crippled xbox 360 pack. I only know one person who got the basic package and he then shelled out a fortune on the add-ons, spending about twice as much in the end.

Edited by BlueStar

Agree to disagree then, i've heard that it's less than impressive. Still, some people don't care. For that money I care.

To draw an analogy, the DS (innovative controls, emphasis on gameplay not power/media ability) is loads cheaper than the PSP (loads of ports, powerful, great with media but boring) and that's fine. In this case the prices are very similar - I find that a bit disappointing.

I'll probably still buy one. :lol:

The price of the PS3 and the Wii are not bloody similar mind!

I'd certainly advise against getting the crippled 360 and then having to shell out for a game as well - bear in mind it's been out longer so the price has dropped, which will no doubt happen to the Wii after Christmas.

Dunno what websites you read which have been saying the Wii is unimpressive mind, The Sun games section? All the games sites I've looked at have been going bonkers over it :lol:

EDIT: And aren't the price gaps between other coutnries and the UK for the other consoles huge as well?

Edited by BlueStar

How dare you?! :lol:

I tend to read GameCentral on text mainly, and saw the media at Eurogamer and Gamespot.

Look, i'm not belittling the thing at all, I just wanted a lower price tag. As for the PS3, I think they've fucked it now, it's going to flop IMO.

Edited by nufc4ever